Meet Oliver... The New Foster

westiemum

Thanks Rosetta. Now I look properly at the box embarrass.gif , the vet has given me Heartgard Plus for heartworm, roundworm and hookworm. So might be the combination tablet that produced his very smelly wind! Amazing what came out of a little dog!! It seemed to last only 24 hours and appears to have settled so i suspect thats what it was. So thanks for that. smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Just wanted to do a quick update on the munchkin.

His coat is growing at a rate of knots and is fine and silky except around his tail area where its quite wirey at the moment. But i suspect it will soften up as it grows.

And his ears are much better - they don't smell but still have a little infection in them - but much better. The polyp in his left ear turned out to be inflammatory not cancerous thumbsup1.gif

So overall he's blossoming. And a couple of photos went off to a potential new family for him tonight. They will meet him on Sunday and we'll go from there.

Here's a photo of him from earlier this evening. Note the blur of a tail!!

post-11746-0-93018500-1366811919_thumb.jpg

What a cutie pie - he is looking great Westiemum you have done a good job with him. I don't see how anyone will be able to resist him - sure you will be able to part with him? :D

. All my thoughts too, Rosetta :laugh:

I approve of his going to a new home only because that makes room for another little needy one at your place, Westiemum :D :D

What a cutie pie - he is looking great Westiemum you have done a good job with him. I don't see how anyone will be able to resist him - sure you will be able to part with him? :D

. All my thoughts too, Rosetta :laugh:

I approve of his going to a new home only because that makes room for another little needy one at your place, Westiemum :D :D

Bad girl DD!! laugh.gif Once I get this building project finished, (hopefully this time next year), then it will be much easier - but genuinely can't afford anymore just at the moment. (without arm twisting...)

But I'm going to miss him - he's such a character - but a home of his own where he isn't competing with three westies for time, attention and dirty bones eek1.gif will be much better for him. smile.gif

Thanks Rosetta and Boronia. Yes I'm so pleased with the way he is coming along - he will reward a patient new family a hundred-fold if they continue his training and give him strong pack leadership. I was so thrilled this morning to see him tucking into a grubby bone like he should - where a couple of weeks ago he had absolutely no idea what to do with them. In fact I think Sarah is going to discover the bone she buried yesterday is gone! rofl1.gif He's an amazing little guy.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Well we've made it!

Olly has had his makeover, his ears are completely healed, his coat has improved out of all sight, he walks well on a lead, now eats out of a bowl, he loves his food and his toys, plays a great game of ball, sleeps like the dead and he's blossoming... so he's ready for a home of his own where he doesn't have to compete with three westies. The family who met him a few weeks ago didn't come off... it didn't feel right for them or for me (they still made a great choice though of an adult poodle the following week ! thumbsup1.gif).

So I think we're preferably looking for a home where he can be an only dog and the centre of attention who will continue some minor boundary setting ...

So if anyone knows of a great home for a cracker of a little terrier mix, 6 years, please could you let me know? SA would be best but certainly would consider a great home interstate.

If anyone knows of anyone please could you pm me and I'll send on his information email and we can go from there...

In the meantime here are his photos from his makeover last Saturday (and a shameless plug for the Spoilt Dog on Fullarton Road - he has their bandana on! )

post-11746-0-74886100-1369491664_thumb.jpg post-11746-0-17803500-1369491680_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum

Thanks everyone. Yes he is an absolute honey. But I do need to find a home for him as I'm becoming far too attached to him. So if anyone hears of anyone... preferably an experienced dog person... that would be good! thumbsup1.gif

Rosetta yes from some angles he does look a bit westie or cairn... but if I had to take a punt, judging by his head shape and his coat I'd say he has a lot of silky terrier in him.smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

• 2 weeks later...

Well this has to be some sort of record. Only 22 hours after sending the original rehoming email for Oliver, I'm here to let everyone that tonight Olly passed his first 'meet and greet' with flying colours and will go to a very dog savvy retired couple who I've known since childhood for a two week trial on Saturday. WooHoo! Unbeknownst to me they lost their beloved old dog a month ago so the timing is incredible. They enquired about him this morning after their daughter forwarded my email to them - just as I'd hoped.

So for the moment, fingers crossed Olly is off the market!

Edited by westiemum

Yep sure is DD - and he'll be an only dog which I think will be ideal - and he'll be going out with her quite a lot during the day - she specifically asked how good he is in the car!! These people have a lot of dog experience (their last dog was incredibly difficult) so I'm sooo hoping the trial goes well. thumbsup1.gif

ETA: And I admit I'm looking forward to be able to pay more attention to the westies. Olly can be very demanding!

Edited by westiemum

That's good news WM, hopefully Olly's new people will post some updates and photos so we can see his naughty little face again.

I just popped into All Westie Rescue's facebook page to check on Angus, the Westie in Qld Westie Rescue, and saw the update on Olly...wow, before and after piccies...what a difference!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Westie-Rescue/210408315642997

Edited by Boronia