Missing Chinese Cresteds

SwaY

any details on where they're finding them, how far from the accident site? Are they finding near to each other or does it appear they all just ran in different directions. I do hope they find the last one safe and well very soon. Any word on the one that was injured?

Waggit had a skull fracture. She is standing and eating so that is good progress.

From the posts to the FB page, some dogs have been found close to the crash site and some kilometres down the road. I think the last dog still missing is close to the crash site - there have been sightings. Hopefully hunger will overcome fear and she'll come in.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one that was just found was not far from the crash site. From what I can gather, she crossed the highway today.

Waggit, the injured one has been responding well to treatment. She is eating but unable to stand. She has a fractured scull :(

How they all survived that crash is absolutely amazing. Tough little dogs, that's for sure.

ETA. Snap HW.

Edited by Tintin Jac

any details on where they're finding them, how far from the accident site? Are they finding near to each other or does it appear they all just ran in different directions. I do hope they find the last one safe and well very soon. Any word on the one that was injured?

The FB page that has been set up is absolutely crammed full of posts, Kirislin. Today, Whoopi was running along the highway :eek::eek: . OMG was my heart in my mouth for that little girl, but a policeman reported in on her so I think the whole community has been getting behind the rescue attempt. Jeez, brings tears to my eyes, frankly. :cry::cry:

The support the owners of these little dogs have been receiving is human nature at its best.

The one that was just found was not far from the crash site. From what I can gather, she crossed the highway today.

Waggit, the injured one has been responding well to treatment. She is eating but unable to stand. She has a fractured scull :(

How they all survived that crash is absolutely amazing. Tough little dogs, that's for sure.

ETA. Snap HW.

this is what I was wondering about, and thinking they might do. Dogs often either hang around where they last saw their owner, or in this case, the car, or even if they run off, they sometimes return. I hope they get the last one soon.

There is a wonderful photo of Whoopi reunited with her owner on the FB page. If I get permission, I will post it here.

The photo is just beautiful :cry:

I have been following the FB page hoping and praying. Just little Cyan to go, come on little one.

There is a wonderful photo of Whoopi reunited with her owner on the FB page. If I get permission, I will post it here.

The photo is just beautiful :cry:

I have been following the FB page hoping and praying. Just little Cyan to go, come on little one.

I can hardly breathe. I just want so much to wave a magic wand.

When I was a dog walker at a pound, I used to wonder what the owners of the dogs were going through. It was a while ago now and, although micro chipping had been legislated for, it wasn't wide spread. People just didn't know where to even start looking for their dogs. Websites were few and far between.

In the case of these little dogs, I imagine no one in Victoria is unaware of their plight. :thumbsup::thumbsup: let alone the rest of the country :laugh:

Edited by Danny's Darling

The owners had actually packed up in preparation for going home when Whoopi was sighted this morning. Poor people they are torn between caring for the animals that have been found and the ones (now just Cyan) still missing.