2013 Brags Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A heartfelt brag for me- yesterday my Siberian Husky Zazu gained her CCD title in Perth.

It has been a long time in the work and there has been more than a few times I've seriously considered giving up....but we did it! Her attitude and love for life makes her a joy to train :-)

A heartfelt brag for me- yesterday my Siberian Husky Zazu gained her CCD title in Perth.

It has been a long time in the work and there has been more than a few times I've seriously considered giving up....but we did it! Her attitude and love for life makes her a joy to train :-)

Oh come on Tumbleweed - that is only half a brag - she also finished second in the class with her Aussie Kite and had somebody else handling one of her dogs in stays.

Fantastic result Tumbleweed - you have done so well with both your kids - one of them not being classed as easy to train either.

I hope you celebrated BIG time last night cheer.gifchampagne.gif

Oh come on Tumbleweed - that is only half a brag - she also finished second in the class with her Aussie Kite and had somebody else handling one of her dogs in stays.

Fantastic result Tumbleweed - you have done so well with both your kids - one of them not being classed as easy to train either.

I hope you celebrated BIG time last night cheer.gifchampagne.gif

Thanks Ptolomy! Was very proud of my (not so baby) dog too :D She worked well and was nice and confident which is my main concern with her.

Was bought back to earth with a big thud today at agility with Kyte running out of the ring to chase and try to play with a dog in the ring next door. Big whoops. Back to the drawing board!

Woot well done tumbleweed!!! :D :cheer: Never mind about today, things happen, I'm just sad it happened to someone who had come as far as you did to not end up running! How did your agility go as I didn't get to see that?

Almost got a pass with Pippa in her JDX debut, but walking on the broad jump isn't allowed rofl1.gif

Woot well done tumbleweed!!! :D :cheer: Never mind about today, things happen, I'm just sad it happened to someone who had come as far as you did to not end up running! How did your agility go as I didn't get to see that?

Almost got a pass with Pippa in her JDX debut, but walking on the broad jump isn't allowed rofl1.gif

On bugger about the broad!

We withdrew from agility and snooker as didn't have weave poles fully trained. And Novice Jumping...well that was a disaster. Not unpredictable though so hopefully will provide the motivation to address Kyte's obsession with with moving things. I think we will be pulling out our Recallers notes!

Just had to share. We had a great weekend and I was super happy with all the dogs, but this one........

Is just fantastic. Xena has been injured on and off for almost the last 2 years. It seems that we might just be at the end of a VERY long road. This is her 3rd trial back and her work load has increased at each one. Still not back to full schedules, and won't ever be back to where we were, but to see her running like this just makes me smile. :D

:thumbsup: She looks so happy Tony - and you too :D . Must be lovely to see all your patience paying off.

It is Barb.

:) I've been soooooo tempted to enter her in the ADAA GP, but I've managed to stay strong. She's still getting stronger so I'll wait until next year to do ANKC (500 instead of 400) or any big ADAA events where she has to run a lot of classes.

With a lot of luck I'll have her back running 550 at ADAA at some point, but if not I'm not at all concerned. I'm just happy to have my girl back and happy - she is WAY harder to live with when she is like this, but it's worth every bit of annoyance. When I think back to the sad little girl who couldn't even jump up onto a foot stool 18 months ago the 'pushy' factor is not really relevant. (I do kind of like having a dog that drives like she does too just quietly.)

:laugh: Tony. Yes - you would much rather have her happy and fit even if somewhat noisy. I must say I'm happy that mine are quiet when they're working - well fairly quiet anyway - Miss Kizz growls sometimes when she's really pushing, and she yaps in frustration at me sometimes, poor thing. :laugh:

A small brag from me. My rescue Sarah passed her beginners class in obedience yesterday. And while the instructors specifically said it was the humans being tested (giving correct commands and signals) and it didn't matter what the dogs did, Sarah still did everything that was asked of her :D she's come a long way from the little girl I adopted back in May who didn't even know how to sit on command.

As a reward at the end of testing the instructors bought out a couple of small agility obstacles (small table top ramp and a jump) which was great because I had been thinking I'd like to get Sarah into agility. We went over the ramp a handful of times and she noticeably improved every time.

Now we just need to get through Class 1 and 2 and we can officially start agility training.

Wikki - beautiful little girl. She's improving every time we go out.

I love watching dogs do agility, it looks like they're having so much fun :D

Some of the courses look complicated though, how long does it take you to learn them?

Leah82 - each course is different. As you move up through the levels the courses get more complex and more difficult, and have more obstacles. You get time to walk the course to work out where it goes and how you're going to get the dog around it - each obstacle is numbered. One of the things you learn as you do classes and training is to recognise certain patterns or sequences, so you can mentally divide the course up into sections. Well - that's the theory, anyway. :rofl:

One of the great agility trainers always says that the essence of agility is running with your dog - the obstacles are things the dog has to learn to negotiate to keep on the path set by the handler - you can see that in AD's videos. Sometimes it goes really smoothly - sometimes not so much :laugh: - but the essence is teamwork and having fun. Sounds like you and your little girl are making a good start in that area - well done.

@AD - big brother Rory says - looking good there little sis and half bro CK. :D

Wikki - beautiful little girl. She's improving every time we go out.

I love watching dogs do agility, it looks like they're having so much fun :D

Some of the courses look complicated though, how long does it take you to learn them?

:) It is the hilight of both our weeks!!

Pretty much exactly what Tassie said. I've been playing for about 5 or 6 years now and still learn something every weekend.

I found it REALLY hard to remember courses when I first started, but it gets easier. But even the best still get lost sometimes! (not that I'm the best, but this was a bit of an embarassing moment at the world championships last year!)