2013 Brags Thread

Dusted off the old boy today and had him entered in a Rally trial. Damn dog blew me away and got a pass with a score of 94!!! Ended up 5th out of nearly 40 dogs, I am so proud of him, all his points lost were for slowish not perfect straight sits but if that's all the judge could find faulty in his performance than I am thrilled with that!

I was feeling a bit ill before taking him in and had too keep talking myself into giving him a go, as he is the reason why I freak out in an obedience ring but glad I gave him a shot as he really surprised me.

Not bad for a dog who hasn't trialled for nearly 8 years, and turns 11 this year :D

The other two well, Darcy had his first go at Advance, went the usual with a pass of 87. At least he is consistent! We tend to lose alot of points as he heels so close if he looses focus (which he does often) and forgets what we were doing I bump into him.

Jovi, I wasn't impressed with how she went as I know we can do so much better, she also managed a pass of 86 in Advance. Not often that she is the dud :p

Edited by tollersowned

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusted off the old boy today and had him entered in a Rally trial. Damn dog blew me away and got a pass with a score of 94!!! Ended up 5th out of nearly 40 dogs, I am so proud of him, all his points lost were for slowish not perfect straight sits but if that's all the judge could find faulty in his performance than I am thrilled with that!

I was feeling a bit ill before taking him in and had too keep talking myself into giving him a go, as he is the reason why I freak out in an obedience ring but glad I gave him a shot as he really surprised me.

Not bad for a dog who hasn't trialled for nearly 8 years, and turns 11 this year :D

The other two well, Darcy had his first go at Advance, went the usual with a pass of 87. At least he is consistent! We tend to lose alot of points as he heels so close if he looses focus (which he does often) and forgets what we were doing I bump into him.

Jovi, I wasn't impressed with how she went as I know we can do so much better, she also managed a pass of 86 in Advance. Not often that she is the dud :p

That was a good day at the office TO ... well done ... especially on getting the veteran out .. Rally is great for that, I think :thumbsup:

Edited by Tassie

Hey ptolomy did you notice the champers dripping from the sky

Today we had our 3 day event held at Gawler. It's like the 3 day event with the horses we have dressage which is the obedience. Cross country which is the agility and than show jumping which is the jumping lol.

Had Gabby in UDX, UD and Open. Gabby came first in open with 190 and UD 184 got a substantial forgot what a silent drop was oops. But the biggest news is

Gabby finally cracked in udx with a score of 186 with a substatial so that is the second leg of her Grand Champion

The afternoon we did agility and jumping and Gabby won all of those classes as well. ADM,JDM,ADO and JDO and not only that she won the 3 day event as well

What a dog

Did somebody say champers???

What a girl - well done Xena98 and Gabby. It has been a long time between drinks and I know you have been so close to passes with just one silly little thing bringing you unstuck. Enjoy the feeling you really had a magnificent day thumbsup1.gif

Well done Tollers Owned, Tassie and Xena98!! Great achievements. :D

My little brag is that Zora passed her track 2 on Saturday. She has to have a little break now though as she's due to give birth in less then two weeks...

Well done RV. Doesn't sound like a break for Zora though!

Well done Tollers Owned, Tassie and Xena98!! Great achievements. :D

My little brag is that Zora passed her track 2 on Saturday. She has to have a little break now though as she's due to give birth in less then two weeks...

Very proud of all my 3 puppies at the moment.

Xena has recently had to retire from agility at just 7 years young and has started her herding career. She achieved her HIC and PT on the same weekend. Now off to the Started a course. :)

CK got his HIC on the same weekend, but only had one try at PT and found the sheep a little less than cooperative. LOL. Then on the weekend just gone he made the ADX final at the state titles and came third in SDX, GDX and SPDX. (Plus finished off his ADX title.)

Wikki, the baby of the bunch also passed HIC, but hasn't had enough time on stock to pass PT just yet (and I didn't enter her in HT thinking it was harder than PT. D'oh! She too had a fantastic weekend at the State titles. Third place in SPD and made the finals of ADO, ADX (came second in the final) and JDX.

This was my favourite run from the state titles - even though it was an elmination CK was growling at me from the third hurdle. LOVE LOVE LOVE this boy when he is in this mood. He's never going to be at the absolute top of the sport, but he is an awesome boy and heaps of fun to play with. :)

Edited by Agility Dogs

:thumbsup: Go Mr CK!!! He was certainly on fire there AD ... great stuff. My guys have an agility trial on Saturday - will be interesting, since other than the weavers in the back yard a couple of days, Kirra has done no agility training for a month - and Rory hasn't had a chance to consolidate what we learnt with Nancy Gyes in Sydney .. he's been busy with Rally and obedience. I just have to try to remember to stay calm!!! :laugh:

:thumbsup: Go Mr CK!!! He was certainly on fire there AD ... great stuff. My guys have an agility trial on Saturday - will be interesting, since other than the weavers in the back yard a couple of days, Kirra has done no agility training for a month - and Rory hasn't had a chance to consolidate what we learnt with Nancy Gyes in Sydney .. he's been busy with Rally and obedience. I just have to try to remember to stay calm!!! :laugh:

Guide, don't race......easier said than done!!

An agility friend and I were reminiscing about a Stacy Peardot-Goudy seminar we went to .. and remembering Stacy saying "There don't need to be two frantic people out there!" :rofl:

Actually, I'm still on a high from Rory getting his CDX last weekend, so he's on a bit of a free pass :D . and Kirra has a Senior's pass to go out there and have fun. :D

An agility friend and I were reminiscing about a Stacy Peardot-Goudy seminar we went to .. and remembering Stacy saying "There don't need to be two frantic people out there!" :rofl:

Actually, I'm still on a high from Rory getting his CDX last weekend, so he's on a bit of a free pass :D . and Kirra has a Senior's pass to go out there and have fun. :D

AWESOME. Good luck for the weekend!!

T

well we were at Port Adelaide obedience and rally trial. Was a quiet day only had Gabby in UDX and she wasnt a good girlie at all. I think I had used up her quota last weekend. Could only do the seekback didnt know what a stand was in the HIM back to the drawing board once again. Had Inka in Rally Novice and what a good girlie she was won the class with a 100 points and her title so off to advance

Nice Work RV and Zora! And good luck for the litter arrival :-)

whoops - sorry RV - I missed your post - fantastic effort to get possible 6, 7 or 8 little kids + mum around a track two.

Good luck with the next BIG adventure - looking forward to seeing lots and lots of photos

Just back from the state championship. Not a bad day considering we did have rain. Proud of both of my girls. Gabby won master snooker and master gamblers and the strategic pairs masters well we have to wait for the next trial for our last pass for the title. Inka got a third in master gamblers mummy did an oopsie in master snooker and yep master strategic pairs was a bit of a flop lol. Afternoon Inka passed all four classes and Gabby won ADM and JDO and a third in JDM and an oopsie in open agility. So as it stands now Inka is in all four finals and Gabby is in three just need to pass open agility.