2013 Brags Thread

Ruby gained her last pass today in the novice retrieving ability test for gundogs (RATG) for her NRA title :)

Millie was the first in WA to get the title, now Ruby is the second :cheer: Not the biggest of achievements given there are heaps of dogs in the country already with the title :rofl: but hey I will take whatever I can get to feel special laugh.gif :p

Awesome work!!! A great achievement so... champagne.gif

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruby gained her last pass today in the novice retrieving ability test for gundogs (RATG) for her NRA title :)

Millie was the first in WA to get the title, now Ruby is the second :cheer: Not the biggest of achievements given there are heaps of dogs in the country already with the title :rofl: but hey I will take whatever I can get to feel special laugh.gif :p

Raising a glass to you and Ruby - Rubystar - she was fabulous today and you should be mighty proud - well done champagne.gifcheer.gif

Sarah passed class 2 in obedience on the weekend! I was generally surprised as I didn't think her heel was that great but it seems she's good enough to start the off lead work in Class 3 :D

So since August we've managed to fly through Beginners, Class 1 and Class 2 :thumbsup:

Unfortunately Collie will be staying back in class 2, his heel let him down. However my OH and I are looking forward to Sarah and Collie being in separate classes as they constantly get distracted by one another when in the same class

I'm extremely happy with how Sarah's confidence has improved since we started. Initially she didn't want to go near the other dogs and I could get her to down stay forever because she just didn't want to move. Now she's happily sniffing doggy butts, although will always come back to me when she's had enough, and now if I get distracted during a down stay she'll end up jumping on me, frustrating in class yes but I'm happy she has the confidence to misbehave :p

Sarah passed class 2 in obedience on the weekend! I was generally surprised as I didn't think her heel was that great but it seems she's good enough to start the off lead work in Class 3 :D

So since August we've managed to fly through Beginners, Class 1 and Class 2 :thumbsup:

Unfortunately Collie will be staying back in class 2, his heel let him down. However my OH and I are looking forward to Sarah and Collie being in separate classes as they constantly get distracted by one another when in the same class

I'm extremely happy with how Sarah's confidence has improved since we started. Initially she didn't want to go near the other dogs and I could get her to down stay forever because she just didn't want to move. Now she's happily sniffing doggy butts, although will always come back to me when she's had enough, and now if I get distracted during a down stay she'll end up jumping on me, frustrating in class yes but I'm happy she has the confidence to misbehave :p

it is only early days for all of you with your training, concentrate on the basics and continue having fun and building confidence biggrin.gif

Just home from a day and a half of agility (following a day and a half of the Hobart Royal - showing - no luck for Rory this time, and doing public ed - lots of petting and patting and showing off tricks). Agility trial was supposed to be at the Royal, but the wind was so horrendous that thye souldn't put up the safety fence between the planned agility area and the horses :eek: ... so we took our 'bat and ball' and relocated to our club ground - still horribly windy - rubber bands on every jump bar.

Anyway - only one Q for Miss Kirra, out of 4 runs yesterday and 8 today - but quite a few near misses - couple of seconds time faults or a refusal or 1 bar. She did do all 12 weavers every run - yay :D (after her 10 will do performances the fortnight before) - and got all her contacts. Her one Q was a 1st in Open Agility and I just got home and checked her cards, and it was title - ADO6 - good little girlie - not a bad effort and nearly 11 and three-quarters.

No brags for the misguided missile - but apart from one totally chaotic and naughty agility run, his other runs were showing improvement - much more steering - mostly DQs, but one NQ .. some of them were just one major mistake - mostly caused by me. Held his DW contact really well - A frame - needs more work, weavers ... very hard when he's hyped as much as he is - but making progress. My brag for him is that he really gets that the game is played with me in the ring :laugh: ,

I am very proud and relived to say my standard poodle finally got his last leg of his UD title on the weekend. Being the only qualifier in his ring on a very hot day, he also took first place. When I was putting his title application in this morning, I noticed he has placed 3 times for his title, so although they may be spread out, he has done them well.

VERY WELL DONE!!! Congratulations from me & the silver Standard Poodle pack!!!

Entered 2 Rally Excellent trials with Waldo and he got a wonderful pass this morning 94. I was over the moon as his training has been so interrupted. He was happy and eager. He had a ball. The afternoon trial…..well no brag to report. He was also flat.

:laugh: Sue & Waldo - congrats on the morning score - commiserations on the afternoon. It's almost like conformation - my lil big man, who couldn't get a look on Thursday at the Royal, showed again today - NZ judge this time - won Reserve Challenge Dog - beating for Australian Bred Dog, the dog who had won Best of Breed at the Royal on Thursday :laugh: . He also beat the Aus Bred bitch, so won AusBred of Breed, but couldn't get any further - showed quite nicely though. Love my versatile boy. Now it's back to Rally and obedience for a double Rally double obedience trial this coming weekend - no rest for the wicked :D .

Thanks! Pippa's turn now!!!!! You should have seen him in the afternoon. We were both AWFUL!!!

laugh.gif yeah, maybe laugh.gif Not sure when I'm going to enter her in obedience/rally!

I'm sure he wasn't awful!! Not when he's Pippa's half bro, no way! :p

So happy with my girl who gained her ADX and JDX titles this weekend with a total of 3 first places and 2 second places over the 2 days.

Congrats!!! That's awesome :D

I've been having weave troubles in ADX with Millie that is purely reserved for trials (does AWESOME weaves in training!) and it's been ages between passes. We finally cracked our 3rd ADX pass today, and on a terribly hot day with no sun relief with no cloud cover, so I'm doubly proud :) Also got our first Excellent Strat Pairs pass with both Millie and Ruby, with pie kindly stepping in and handling Ruby for me :) An almost play session near a tunnel with the two of them, got them back on track without having to fix any errors. Go the Labs :cheer:

So happy with my girl who gained her ADX and JDX titles this weekend with a total of 3 first places and 2 second places over the 2 days.

champagne.gifclap.gifhappydance2.gifbanana.gif

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

I only saw your JDX on Sat and it was brilliant!!! Well done to you & Mindy!!!!

Home from the NZ dog agility champs with a few brags! Went out with the ambition to achieve just one clear round, managed a clear round and 5th on Saturday in Jumpers, managed another clear round and 3rd on Sunday in Jumpers which put us into the finals, and a clear round in Novice on Monday. Finals was amazing, and slightly terrifying, we ran hard... and ended up with the fastest midi dog time, and fastest time overall! So we won a trophy and everything! Our first trophy - I'm so proud!

1377094_10201795111893195_1581681955_n.jpg