2013 Brags Thread

I have replied in the agility thread, but I love that pic of her - she appears to be so nonchalant. I like the NZ system which seems to encourage people going hard and fast rather than playing it safe - much nicer for the spectators and I think the dogs enjoy it more too.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have replied in the agility thread, but I love that pic of her - she appears to be so nonchalant. I like the NZ system which seems to encourage people going hard and fast rather than playing it safe - much nicer for the spectators and I think the dogs enjoy it more too.

We have a couple of classes which encourage playing it safe, AD and ADX classes. If you get enough clear rounds in those you get some titles, but in standard classes its all about being fast (and accurate of course!)

hoping this is the right place :)

been training in agility with my crested for about 2 years, we've competed in 2 trials so far.

Over the weekend my boy got 3 NQ's 2 of which were firsts in novice jumping, so proud of my little bloke, the last run of the day was .46of a second off being a clear round (totally my fault :) )

b2128e00-e532-4bfc-9f8d-81500c8153b3.jpg

Here he is taking the tyre at the end of a run.. :)

love my little man

Edited by Kazhak

Welcome Kazhak, your Crestie is gorgeous - I love seing them run agility, would love to see video if you get any :) - here is one of my favourite agility Cresties, not sure if you've seen it, the slow mo is annoying but if you skip to 1:36 it shows the run in normal speed:

All the best with your boy :thumbsup:

Welcome Kazhak, your Crestie is gorgeous - I love seing them run agility, would love to see video if you get any :) - here is one of my favourite agility Cresties, not sure if you've seen it, the slow mo is annoying but if you skip to 1:36 it shows the run in normal speed:

All the best with your boy :thumbsup:

I think I've got some footage somewhere I haven't edited yet, my boy isn't as good as that Crested yet but he's quick & a total tunnel suck, he's still having trouble with weaves, I have to work those far too much for us to be really competetive yet but he's getting there.

over the weekend he totally surprised me with his initiative by taking 3 jumps that were set at angle to each other in succession without me having to be there, very proud of my smart little guy & I'll try & get that footage together to share.. thanks for sharing that youtube clip its one I haven't seen yet & i've been looking.. so far as I know Krusty appears to be the only crested in tassie at least in the south thats doing agility.. most people down here seem to go for the border collies :)

so turns out I don't have video foot of us doing agility yet.. :) my helper has just been taking photos.. I am still trying to train him to zoom in & focus on the dog & not the grass :) there is another trial in about 3 weeks so I'll have some after that to share.. hopefully a clear round or too :)

Edited by Kazhak

Well done everyone!

Ruby star- would be so fun running your dogs together lol! Our partner is another black lab and they're so cute together!

What am amazing achievement DD! Congratulations that's awesome winning at nationals!

Kazak your boy is very cute, nice to see less common breeds out competing :)

Can I just add that whilst I was doing mindys ANKC titles I worked out she also gained her AAD title (AADA) in just 3 trials. She's really coming along nicely! With a lot of help from Vickie!

So proud of my girl Xena. This was her first big trial after coming back from injury - 5 runs on the one day. 3 for me and two for someone else because I had to run off and pick someone up from the airport.

Two firsts and a third. A missed weave pole entry for her stand in handler for 1 fault and I got eliminated in our advanced agility run (which with that small error was AWESOME)

To top it off she's been working with some very beginner handlers from New Caledonia this week and doing a brilliant job looking after them. (So has Mr CK, but he has always worked for anyone who happens to be holding a toy or food :laugh: .) Who knew they both spoke French!!

:rofl: Frnch speaking clever puppers. Xena looks as though she's come back really firing, AD. And she pulled up OK after her busy day?

The second video is on Sunday after the Saturday night comp. :) YAY.

She was a little tired last night, but after 5 days I think she has every right to be. It's funny, I didn't ever think a dog could roll its eyes, but guess what.......she can!! (Or at least I'm sure I saw her do it a couple of times on Monday and Tuesday nights.)

Ruby star- would be so fun running your dogs together lol! Our partner is another black lab and they're so cute together!

Can I just add that whilst I was doing mindys ANKC titles I worked out she also gained her AAD title (AADA) in just 3 trials. She's really coming along nicely! With a lot of help from Vickie!

Good girl Mindy!!!!

Yeah it was fun, was almost too much fun for the girls laugh.gif

Good girl Mindy!!!!

Well done!!!!

Little brag, and semi brag from our weekend trials. Rally yesterday, Rory got 2 double Qs ti bring him to 8 legs of his RAE2. Kirra blew Excelelnt in the morning, but scraped a double in the afternoon - she needs 2 more legs for RAE - she is such hard work, since she doesn't believe in obedience, but has great fun. Rory began really well, but the heat (relative - don't laugh mainlanders :laugh: ) was taking its toll, and he didn't work as well in the afternoon.

Complete change of weather today for Rory's UD debut. So pleased with his effort - given he hasn't had anywhere near enough distraction proofing. Morning trial - only failed second DJ and 1st SD - did lose quite a few points in several of the others - sit on RAT, was apparently declared optional for the morning. :)

The afternoon trial didn't go as well, although the sit on RAT was back. His SB was super - he came flying back with his article, so proud of himself, with a great grin on his face, and coat flying in the wind. One of those moments you want to bottle. It was a bit downhill from then on, but quite a bit to like, and his attitude stayed pretty up, which I was happy with - and he nailed the first SD this time. And the sit on RAT was back.

Very happy with his first go, especially in view of what was probably really inadequate preparation. :o

We get to have another go next week - and without the rally trial beforehand. Will be interesting to see. Love my happy goofy boy.

Good girl Mindy!!!!

Awwww so cute!!!

Well done, Tassie and Rory!! To come so close on your first go, well done! Rory failed what Ruby did the other weekend, so close yet so far!! Although we trialled again this past weekend and she was back to having blonde moments (like way overturning for glove 1 - she kept going to face glove 3 - sweetie, that ain't gonna work!!!) Then I had Millie in UD NFC because even though she demonstrates she has most of the knowledge in training (still a few small holes), I put her in a UD trial and I swear she COMPLETELY loses the plot. Acts like she's never seen a UD exercise in her life. She took the solid jump on the way OUT to the box, turned to face me right after and dropped. What. The!!!??? Second time I sent her to the box she just did crazy bog laps around the ring and into the next. So when I said I wanted to see how many screws were loose this time, hence the NFC, I wasn't joking. I just don't know why :confused: She is completely off her rocker with uncontrollable enthusiasm that she can't focus on a damn thing!! :eek: So I think it's safe to say that she isn't going to be a UD dog and it's up to Ruby now to do it for the team!! :laugh: When I get the time, tracking may be on Millie's agenda for something else to do!!

Edited by RubyStar

Oh that makes me feel so much better. Hmm - Rory must have been channelling Millie in the afternoon trial - or vice versa . :laugh: . He LOVES his box, but in the afternoon, he went out and started tracking. I was thinking maybe he did his SB so fast, that he didn't realise he'd done it. :rofl: Then he got the first article (metal) really well - and did the sit on the RAT each time - but got confused with the other two articles. First time ever he brought back a wrong one. I was wondering if it was because it was on the same patch of grass as the morning - or maybe even that I'd been standing and walking across that spot quite a bit when I was stewarding Open after UD. Who knows. So tonight we've played articles, and mowed the grass, and in a while we'll play articles again and see how he goes.

Had to laugh at his gloves in the afternoon. The marker was 2 metres down from the box, but he still thought he'd be a good boy and go into the box as we werre doing the RAT to glove 1 - then he got the turn right - overturned a bit, corrected himself to be facing beautifully to Glov 1, so bad handler didn't give him the direction - since he seemed to be perfectly positioned and looking at 1 -... but he zoomed in front of me and did a beautiful retrieve of glove 3 (the one we'd had in the morning :rofl: - obvioiusly thought I'd made a mistake ... such a helpful boy.

It would have been unnerving if he'd done all that in the morning trial, but becuase he'd done such a good effort in te morning, we just had a good laugh at the antics in the afternoon.

We get to do it all again at a different ground next week :D .

Took Millie to training tonight. Yep, I can zoom out to the box at a million miles an hour and sit in it no worries, mum! You want me to take the bar jump? Well ok then! Seekback, sure, no problem, there it is!!! :banghead: See, lovely in training - absolutely non existent in a trial!!!

Ruby was my star tonight though, she was very enthusiastic and did some lovely work :)

Pippa hasn't been out to obedience training in a while... and it showed laugh.gif

Oh that is head-banging stuff isn't it - perfect in training ... maybe we should suggest video comps for the next rule change.

Yay for Ruby! ... and :laugh: at the Schnauzer being a Schnauzer ... sometimes no training can be a good thing - sometimes .... not so much :D .

We tried the SD when we got home - OK except for the leather (3rd) - may have been strong breeze drifting the scent across the pile. Then did it again a couple of hours later, after I'd mowed the grass. The boy did good!

Wish we had a training time other than the busy Sunday at club - too much going on, randoms everywhere, and agility and my puppy class to squeeze in. Would be such a luxury to have a big enough group to do some trial training on a big ground. Obedience Committee (read me and one of the judges) do have a little group for triallers - but it's in the show rings or indoors in the pavilion, and a lot of that is about trying to get people to split not lump, and to have fun.

If only it wasn't so hot in Perth ........ :)