2013 Brags Thread

Kind of a brag of a different sort but my first performance dog Ness celebrates her 13th Birthday today. Where have 13 years gone!

She has introduced me to just about every dog sport under the sun, done all that I have asked and introduced me to a whole bunch of equally awesome friends.

Love my gorgeous old girl and may we still have many years left of enjoying trips to the beach and romps at the park.

Lochness CDX RN TD ADM JDM ADO JDO SPD GD SD (1/2 DWDFS)

post-4836-0-73032500-1379754760_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great day wasn't it TO :).

I am so happy with how Harri ran, not overly exceptional times but he kept running and was the only little dog in his team so ran all day. The poor fella put himself to bed last night :laugh:.

Happy birthday Ness.

Linda Johnson

Very happy to report that at The Melbourne Royal Show my silver Standard Poodles, 11 1/2 year, old Dual CH.(O.CH.) GiDay Violet Crumble RAE ADX JDX ET won both Bitch Utility & Bitch Open Classes & my 4 year old Dual Champion Cosalta G'day Roxy UDX RAE JDX AD ET won Bitch UDX Class . The intensity of distractions was beyond anything I have ever experienced, even at The Royal, over the past 10 years. Loud crashes from the metal storage container, a few feet from the ring very gusty high winds & a P.A. system which amplified the loudly cheering audience of about 1000 people, for the Conformation Show banging slamming doors on a metal storage container, just a couple of meters away, kids screaming on amusement park rides, a food outlet grilling burgers, 10 meters, away & even MASTER CHEF a few meters away.

The judge kindly remarked that ROXY was given the 2nd only PERFECT score for heeling, that he had given in his judging career" & that he "had never seen a happier working dog"

In Winner of Winners/Best In Trial, The judge also remarked during presentations of awards that his decision was difficult as it was VERY close. We were beaten by "a hairs breath", by a male GSD, according to the judge, "due to the fact that VIOLET hesitated to sit, for 2 seconds, on the return sit for finish, after the retrieve over jump exercise" I offered my sincere congratulations to Ian & GSD Jake, unflappable & worthy winners. Well done & well deserved Ian!!

Its been a tough week and I waited until yesterday to decide that Scoota was well enough to go to the Royal - and bless his little cotton white socks he comes out and wins UDX and UD, 3rd in Rally Exc B and 4th in Adv B. His batteries are well and truely flat. Thinking its almost time to think about retirement........

My little guy passed beginners class today! There is hope for us yet :thumbsup: :laugh:

Well done whitka. - first step on the road is always good! :D

Thanks Tassie now just sticking around in grade 1 till we can start beginners agility :D

Both Sarah and Collie passed Class 1 in Obedience yesterday, first go despite the trainer saying at week 1 that a lot of people won't get through the first time :)

Sarah will need to improve her heelwork to get through class 2, she doesn't like being too close to my feet

And Collie needs a bit more work on his stand for examination.

When I found out that Sarah got through I said 'yay!' as if surprised and the tester responded with 'Oh you knew' :p

:thumbsup::cheer::cheer::champagne: for Ptolomy and the Scoota man - great effort. He's entitled to have flat batteries. It's hard when you have to start thinking about retirement for them, isn't it - especially when they rip out results like that. Semi retirement maybe?

Congrats to you and your kids too Leah82. :thumbsup:

Thanks :) my OH likes to take credit for Collie's achievements even though he knows it's all the hard work I put it during the week that means Collie performs well when he is on the other end of the lead in class :p

Congrats to you and your kids too Leah82. :thumbsup:

Thanks :) my OH likes to take credit for Collie's achievements even though he knows it's all the hard work I put it during the week that means Collie performs well when he is on the other end of the lead in class :p

:laugh: so we should add congrats for training the OH as well :D .

Both Sarah and Collie passed Class 1 in Obedience yesterday, first go despite the trainer saying at week 1 that a lot of people won't get through the first time :)

Sarah will need to improve her heelwork to get through class 2, she doesn't like being too close to my feet

And Collie needs a bit more work on his stand for examination.

When I found out that Sarah got through I said 'yay!' as if surprised and the tester responded with 'Oh you knew' :p

Congratulations Leah82 and it sounds like you already have a list of things to improve and get your kids ready for the next class. Well done thumbsup1.gif