2013 Brags Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting! So different :) Are your novice classes the ones you have to win out of, or was that just agility/jumping?

So how do you get an Obedience Champion title there?

I actually have a handy little graph to explain showing here, made at my partner's request as he has difficulty following what we're doing! I forgot to add rally onto there though (My link)

In obedience you can enter whatever you like, but most people will start at the lowest class they're eligible for and not move up until they have won at each level from what I have seen (could be wrong though lol). There is a title "test C qualified" (TCQ) which I *think* you get for having 2 wins at Novice, Test A & Test B level.

I'm a little fuzzy on all the obedience stuff, as I don't do it much (we have won at special beginners level, and that's it LOL).

Way to go, Waldo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Definitely need video of that talented little man, please tell me you do!

No video. I nearly asked a friend to come and video it but I chickened out because is last effort was not pretty. Sorry I didn't trust his work ethic!

A big brag after the OTEC trial tonight. Waldo scored 192 in CD and won the ring. Our second CD pass. He scored 81 in RE to get his title. He was also Highest scoring dog in trial. Was so proud.

:thumbsup::cheer::cheer::cheer::champagne:

That's absolutely wonderful, Sue - so very pleased to hear this. You and Waldo are really on fire. Ready to start the long haul to RAE now.

1385518777[/url]' post='6356678']

Waldo worked beautifully Sue. He deserved his ring win and HIT. Great to see the little chappie working so well. You were both fantastic. Pat yourself on the back! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much. I was so proud of him. Nervous moment in the stays when another dog got up and then another but all good.

A big brag after the OTEC trial tonight. Waldo scored 192 in CD and won the ring. Our second CD pass. He scored 81 in RE to get his title. He was also Highest scoring dog in trial. Was so proud.

Well done & very well deserved, Sue & Waldo. It may have been be your 1st Highest Score In Trial award, but certainly will not be your last. You have a right to be proud of that little fellow! He is a real credit to you.

Hope you have a lovely break over the holidays Looking forward to seeing you next year. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Yay..brags for each of mine today at Rally trial in sunny Launceston. After bombing Ex B in the nothing..totally feral, pasted Adv though., Miss Kirra managed to listen enough to get the last double Q she needed for RAE title. Not bad for my ferall agility girl who doesn't do obedience.

And Mr Rory worked quite nicely (though not at his best) for 2 double Qs. The morning one finished his RAE2 ..good boy..

Last competition for us this year, this time flyball.

Both dogs did extremely well, didn't put a paw wrong all weekend. Especially proud of my little girl who raced all day in a 4 dog team over her own height, as one of the slower teams lost a height dog so the teams got reshuffled a bit.

They even managed a time of 19.3, and she did a PB of 4.7s starting and 4.9 crossing, which for me crossing her is awesome :D We had fun starting as well and I got a 0.002....so close too my 0.000!

Darcy, I finally got my awesome starts back and he ran flawlessly all day, best time he got was 5.025. One day I will get him back under 5 seconds!

Congrats TO, so close to getting your 0.000

A big brag for my OH from our last agility trial for the year.

Last night he ran Diesel in only his and Diesel's second trial. His JD run was a little bit interesting :laugh:

As he was walking to the ring for JDO he told me not to bother filming because he wasn't going to bother attempting the distance challenge. I told just give it a go and if Diesel needed more help then cross the line. He came away with a clear round (their first ever qually) and 1st place :cheer: It was a beautiful run but I'm pretty sure I held my breath from about halfway through until he cleared the last jump.

Edited by ~Rumour~

Another flyball brag here. Harri and his team mates came 1st in their division on Saturday. Haz was also the only hight dog for his team and he ran fault free all day. With some pretty good times as well.

He is now only about 50 points off his FMX (flyball master excellent) title.

Another flyball brag here. Harri and his team mates came 1st in their division on Saturday. Haz was also the only hight dog for his team and he ran fault free all day. With some pretty good times as well.

He is now only about 50 points off his FMX (flyball master excellent) title.

Well done, I saw a few of his runs and he looked like he was having fun!

I love watching the little dogs run, they always look so happy :D

A big brag for my OH from our last agility trial for the year.

Last night he ran Diesel in only his and Diesel's second trial. His JD run was a little bit interesting :laugh:

As he was walking to the ring for JDO he told me not to bother filming because he wasn't going to bother attempting the distance challenge. I told just give it a go and if Diesel needed more help then cross the line. He came away with a clear round (their first ever qually) and 1st place :cheer: It was a beautiful run but I'm pretty sure I held my breath from about halfway through until he cleared the last jump.

Hey that's awesome! :thumbsup: My OH has just started running my older dog (who is in Masters - bit of a baptism of fire for the poor handler hahah) they got a JDM qually and first in height last weekend - you can probably relate to this - I find it terrifying to watch them! I get so nervous before they run, far more nervous than when I am running! :laugh: What's with that!

• 3 weeks later...

An absolutely awesome finish to 2013 for Kenz. Our final trial for the year was the NYE DWD trial and Kenz excelled herself.

Not only did she finish her Heelwork to Music Starters title but she went on to win the class with a pretty nice scoring routine. She also finished up winning Novice Freestyle for her first pass with a somewhat OTT feral routine. Lots of marks off for barking but she had a blast doing what she loves doing and that is being out and back in the ring showing off. Love my girl - so many hardships to overcome and yet I can still reliably count on her to turn on the enthusiasm 100 fold when asked. Hopefully 2014 is a little kinder to us .

Kenz is now better known as Winpara Dream Chaser CD RA DWDF.S HTM.S JD.