2014 Agility Nationals

Yep I'll be hopefully going.. Team Lowchen and Lakie :D Have Ella and her bubba running and hopefully James will have Leo running.. hes training and learning in his own way and time.. and Amber well LOL we will see but her breeder would love to see her go!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I'll be hopefully going.. Team Lowchen and Lakie :D Have Ella and her bubba running and hopefully James will have Leo running.. hes training and learning in his own way and time.. and Amber well LOL we will see but her breeder would love to see her go!

Gosh Smisch, if there was an award for least-mainstream agility dogs, you'd have it in the bag! :laugh:

OT smisch but how does the Lakie go with agility?

very slowly she is a rather stubborn and immature little girl :/ 9 mths old and she was going better then she is now.. I'm hopeful that her brain will grow and we can train harder but right now we continue to just plugalong without drilling and crushing her as she really enjoys it.. if it takes us a few years to get there so be it. but I'm happy with her so far :)

Those judges were allowed to compete though. Rumor is that won't be the case in QLD. so the only people judging could be those with retired dogs or those that chose to judge over competing.

Or those judges who have never trialled or trained an agility dog...

Given how many people are holding off to find out judges, I wonder when they will be decided? I know of quite a few judges who have already been asked but have knocked it back as they would rather compete, so they are already working them out.

The other thing I have heard is that they have to be prepared to judge all day, every day. Unlike previous nationals where they just had select events throughout and got to have a break in between. Some judges have said they would have been happy to give up running but weren't going to judge for 5 days straight.

I'm thinking of going, but it is going to be expensive. $10 a run & two dogs for all the events they are eligible for plus accomodation. Expensive compared to the ADAA Grand Prix. Might just have to cut back on what they enter.

I'm thinking of going, but it is going to be expensive. $10 a run & two dogs for all the events they are eligible for plus accomodation. Expensive compared to the ADAA Grand Prix. Might just have to cut back on what they enter.

Try running 7 :p Before we cut back, our entries for 2012 were well over $1000 :laugh:

Try running 7 :p Before we cut back, our entries for 2012 were well over $1000 :laugh:

:dropjaw:

Edited by DiscoDobe

It's always so hard to decide what to cut back on...but geeze...> $1000 :eek: That's why I like ADAA big events, its just the one fee that covers all events.

Ohh ouch, I will never complain about running 2 dogs again!!

I wanted to go to this Nationals, but heard the grounds aren't exactly great either? Plus driving up there would take days, places to stay are as rare as hens teeth, would need to take 4 dogs but only running 1.......as much as I want too starting to think I will wait till the 2016 one in Adelaide :)

Edited by tollersowned

I'm thinking of going, but it is going to be expensive. $10 a run & two dogs for all the events they are eligible for plus accomodation. Expensivetravel eligiblehe ADAA Grand Prix. Might just have to cut back on what they enter.

Ohh ouch, I will never complain about running 2 dogs again!!

I wanted to go to this Nationals, but heard the grounds aren't exactly great either? Plus driving up there would take days, places to stay are as rare as hens teeth, would need to take 4 dogs but only running 1.......as much as I want too starting to think I will wait till the 2016 one in Adelaide :)

The grounds are the QLD show grounds so like the equivalent of dogs west grounds... they're not as nice as Erskine park but they are not too bad depending on where they put us... I'm assuming we're getting the entire grounds but I dunno... places to stay are proving difficult most of them require more driving but most of qld will have to travel anyway. I know personally staying up home I'm gonna still be a 45min drive. but its mostly country lol..

areas I would personally look for accom.. (dunno if there is any though) this is suburbia surrounding...

Inala

Browns Plains

Calamvale

Greenbank

Park Ridge

Sunny Bank Hills

Acacia Ridge

Darra

Oxley

Like if you really wanna go ruralish try out my way, Beenleigh, Jimboomba, tambourine mountain- which I know is on the accommodation list...

sorry haven't been up home for about 2 years so its a bit fuzzy.. will see what I may be able to dig up if people are interested