Love That Tail!

Bindo

Another Schnauzer tail....hard to show from the photos I have, but his sort of curls back over the top of him rather than standing up straight. It makes me laugh as it wags most of the time - the only time it stops is when he's REALLY concentrating or working hard for treats! :)

7661177672_7655950fe9.jpg

8437392376_89cef39837.jpg

Some more Rott tails :)

Oh I simply have to respond to this post with a story of my own. I used to walk my dogs in a park in Leichhardt ( :o:o can't recall the name unless I go to the street directory, but a lot of people will know it - the one along the canal). Lots and lots of off leash dogs and, luckily, at least when I went there, there weren't any fights or attacks.

One day, I was walking towards the exit with my five (all off leash - gosh how great it was) and there were lots and lots of little dogs all milling around and having a wonderful time.

Up strolled this huge black and tan dog and wandered right into the middle of all these little dogs. No one one batted an eyelid or ran in panic to scoop up their little ones. And why? I believe it was because this huge black and tan female Rotty had the most glorious tail which was wagging happily and because her body language was so much more readable, we could all see that she was happy, relaxed and friendly.

Edited by Danny's Darling

Up strolled this huge black and tan dog and wandered right into the middle of all these little dogs. No one one batted an eyelid or ran in panic to scoop up their little ones. And why? I believe it was because this huge black and tan female Rotty had the most glorious tail which was wagging happily and because her body language was so much more readable, we could all see that she was happy, relaxed and friendly.

Just adding. We'd take 3 Tibbies to the Park Days for Dogs arranged by the Council. The Tibbie girls would be very self-possessed as usual, not taking notice of other dogs. But they'd alway pick out one that they'd be happy to be around. One year it was a huge p/b Rottie called Bob, who just oozed confident good nature with a big grin & a gently wagging tail. I agreed with them!

Edited by mita

Thanks to everyone for posting up their gorgeous tails! Love them all, especially those corgis and rotties. Totally agree with the body language comments too, makes it easier all round.