Victoria New Laws

Steve

Vets must love it - must be making a fortune out of it . Health plans, diet plans , retirement plans, examinations, vaccinations, laughing all the way to the bank.

Do you think someone should tell them dogs eat shit and they dont wait for it to be put into a bowl? rofl1.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amazing that we can put our whole lives into trying to get it right and all of that can be negated by some pencil pusher who listens too much to animal rights and takes away the choices we should be able to use to manage our own dogs.

I am guessing the new codes might have come about because of Carol Freeman rather than animal rights.

I find it amazing that we can put our whole lives into trying to get it right and all of that can be negated by some pencil pusher who listens too much to animal rights and takes away the choices we should be able to use to manage our own dogs.

I am guessing the new codes might have come about because of Carol Freeman rather than animal rights.

Yep. So from now on it will be against the law to throw a bone to your dog because Carol was caught doing it .

See I don't get that, how can our existing laws not cover no food, no water and other neglect there. Why do they keep saying they are powerless when they already have convictions against other people for the same thing. If they can take a puppy because of a previously docked tail why can't they act on these horrendous puppy farms? I don't buy the we can't do anything because others get prosecuted for the same cruelty. Could they be using the we are powerless to get rid of as many breeders as possible by fudging the facts. How can legislation that says it is cruel to show a debarked dog not have some provision for basics such as no food and water and general health neglect.

glad I'm not a breeder because my dogs don't even own bowls. They eat food out of their puzzle toys or when training. They LOVE it. I would hate for them to lose out on the highlight of the day....

Mini went through a period last week where she refused to eat out of her bowl. I put her food down on a piece of paper.

glad I'm not a breeder because my dogs don't even own bowls. They eat food out of their puzzle toys or when training. They LOVE it. I would hate for them to lose out on the highlight of the day....

You terrible, negligent dog owner ::scold: :laugh:

Seriously though, this is all getting quite laughable now.....certainly turned me off ever breeding, I agree woth Lili, BYB and you'll have nothing to worry about.

See I don't get that, how can our existing laws not cover no food, no water and other neglect there. Why do they keep saying they are powerless when they already have convictions against other people for the same thing. If they can take a puppy because of a previously docked tail why can't they act on these horrendous puppy farms? I don't buy the we can't do anything because others get prosecuted for the same cruelty. Could they be using the we are powerless to get rid of as many breeders as possible by fudging the facts. How can legislation that says it is cruel to show a debarked dog not have some provision for basics such as no food and water and general health neglect.

NO it is not cruel to show a debarked dog.

It is against the law to show a dog born in victoria and belongs to a Victorian resident to be shown IF it was debarked in another state.

Its perfectly fine for the same debarked dog to be showin in Victoria if the owner is resident of another state. OR the victorian dog belonging to the victorian resident was debarked by the RSPCA or prof it was debarked by having its thoat cut to debark it.

As for "powerless" give us a break.

She showed on that program how "powerless" they are. I bet she will never live that day down. Just as they can "form the opinion" and seize anything.

Not supposed to show their hand, it is far better to do nothing and cry "powerless". Look how effective it is in getting even more.

Yep of course they do - but it would appear we have to feed our dogs as we are told because of how animal rights loonies feed their babies which sleep on satin pillows and sit up each day with a knife and fork rofl1.gif not what works best for us or our dogs. It's about what looks like it is a maternity hospital or child care centre rather than a bloody back yard or kennel.

post-199-0-28998300-1367815894_thumb.png

Wow I'm speechless. I think people everywhere, not just Victoria should be giving their opinion on this. If any of this rubbish passes NSW will be next in line to try and push this crap through.... Don't feed offal.. Incredible. The whole bowl thing would be funny if it wasn't so deranged. I often feed chicken wings or even lamb's hearts right out of my hand, wonder how many people in front of their TV would scream cruelty if footage of me doing that was aired on Today Tonight or whatever that freakshow is called....

Either the general public are getting stupider.. Oh wait.. Yea I think that might explain a lot....

It says at least one main meal must be fed out of the receptacle, so couldn't people just bypass that by feeding some kibble in a bowl and claiming that as a "main meal" and then the other meal just chuck your chicken carcass on the lawn, or something like that. I guess a puzzle ball or something could also pass as a "food receptacle". Still kind of ridiculous.

The one reasonably good thing I can see out of this new proposed code is the clear differentiation it makes between Large Business and Small Breeding Businesses where for housing dogs in Small Business you are allowed to have your dogs indoors, which must be a relief to most small scale breeders knowing they won't have to build pens.

Facepalm at the offal bit though...

I wonder how long it is before AR starts pushing vegan diets for dogs? It's the next illogical step.....

I went into a Vegan Shop just a few weeks ago to pick up some supplement for Dory. I was really surprised at the growing number of commercial vegan pet foods that seemed to be on display.

Personally couldn't think of anything worse to feed my pets. There was even a Vegan CAT food!! :eek:

Whilst Dory loves her raw diet, she'll only eat vegies if there is meat added in. Wonder what the look on her face would be if we served her up some Vegan Dry Food. :laugh:

I really don't get the whole 'feeding pets vegan' thinking. I've known several vegan's that despite loathing the touch of meat will still feed their pets a species appropriate diet.

given there are a number of large raw pet food companies that use offal in their products (VIP, Billinghurst BARF etc etc) it may be interesting to see how they police this - restriction of trade? I have actually dropped a line to a few of them to alert them to the proposal and get the feeling they are quite interested...

Edited by espinay2

The one reasonably good thing I can see out of this new proposed code is the clear differentiation it makes between Large Business and Small Breeding Businesses where for housing dogs in Small Business you are allowed to have your dogs indoors, which must be a relief to most small scale breeders knowing they won't have to build pens.

How can any breeder or dog owner applaud and uphold, stand by and agree with

a code of practice which is not how good dogs should be raised, fed; regarded.

The level of understanding inherent in these recommendations is abysmal.

It is pathetic that a code of practice for the keeping of dogs is measured not in the care it ensures for dogs but is measured in how it classifies breeders (ooh and exemptions).

I dont want any exemption that perpetuates such gross misinformation and misunderstanding of what is dog.

Ridiculous that one would be relieved that they dont have to build pens.

Edited by lilli

".....The one reasonably good thing I can see out of this new proposed code is the clear differentiation it makes between Large Business and Small Breeding Businesses where for housing dogs in Small Business you are allowed to have your dogs indoors, which must be a relief to most small scale breeders knowing they won't have to build pens....."

Then have your carpet shampooed every six months!!!!!

It is pathetic that a code of practice for the keeping of dogs is measured not in the care it ensures for dogs but is measured in how it classifies breeders (ooh and exemptions).

I dont want any exemption that perpetuates such gross misinformation and misunderstanding of what is dog.

I never agreed or applauded this code of practice. :confused: Sorry if you misunderstood or thought I was applauding this code. I agree that the code is ridiculous but just pointed out that at least pens won't have to be built for "small businesses" which is what a lot of people were upset about in the past. One small step forward but ten thousand other steps backwards.

Shampooing of carpets is completely ridiculous too.

Anyway, bowing out of this thread now. Hopefully people will point out all the other flaws in it and it will be revised further.

I never agreed or applauded this code of practice. :confused: Sorry if you misunderstood or thought I was applauding this code. I agree that the code is ridiculous but just pointed out that at least pens won't have to be built for "small businesses" which is what a lot of people were upset about in the past. One small step forward but ten thousand other steps backwards.

Anyway, bowing out of this thread now. Hopefully people will point out all the other flaws in it and it will be revised further.

Oh woops sorry SC I was just having a rave in general

alas, I'm prone to those :o :D

Edited by lilli

given there are a number of large raw pet food companies that use offal in their products (VIP, Billinghurst BARF etc etc) it may be interesting to see how they police this - restriction of trade? I have actually dropped a line to a few of them to alert them to the proposal and get the feeling they are quite interested...

Isn't there something about "commercially prepared" offal? That could cover manufacturers.

Edited by Jed

Oh woops sorry SC I was just having a rave in general

alas, I'm prone to those :o :D

Oh. :o Thank goodness, I was worried I'd said something wrong. Rave away!! Whoever wrote up these codes clearly don't know much about dogs.