Introducing Sumo!

cassie

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everybody, I think he's pretty handsome and loveable too :)

I showed my guys gorgeous Sumo's steak cake. They want one for there next birthday LOL.

Out of curiousity is he fully grown now Cassie?

It's been a tradition since I had my first dog that they all get steak on their birthdays :) Moose got one too of course.

Sumo is far off being fully grown. He will slow right down now though. He should reach his full height at around 18-24 months (probably only another inch or so) but he has plenty of filling out to do yet. He won't be completely mature til around four years old when his head stops growing. He's around 70kg now, I expect him to reach around 90kg.

So Sumo has a little filling out to do yet :laugh: Gosh BIG beautiful boy. I had no idea I'd thought he might have

finished growing now. BC's are usually finished around 13 months old.

I'm going to start the B.Day steak cake tradition for my guys as well Cassie. Love that idea & I'm sure Sonny & Stella will love it too :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Yay! More Sumo pics! :thumbsup: :D

He makes Moose look like a midget now :p

Haha you're not wrong! I call Moose my little dog :)

I had to laugh a little while ago when a delivery man came to the door. Moose came out to investigate and the guy said "Woah, he's huge!" Meanwhile I could hear Sumo's thunderous frame bringing up the rear. When he stepped out the guy almost fell over! :laugh: It's funny because they're so normal to me, I forget they're monstrous to other people.

Just went through the whole thread, admiring your boy. Both dogs are gorgeous. :love:

I guess their bark would be a good deterrent? Are they good watch dogs or would they rather sleep?

We had a big goofy Rotty cross a few years ago - He'd rather have slept but I'm pretty sure no one ever tested the theory ... I sure as hell would think twice before jumping the fence with anything much bigger then an ACD on the other side...

Just went through the whole thread, admiring your boy. Both dogs are gorgeous. :love:

I guess their bark would be a good deterrent? Are they good watch dogs or would they rather sleep?

Thank you :)

Moose is an ok watch dog. If he's inside and someone comes to the door he doesn't bark he just goes to investigate, which I like. But if he's outside and someone is wandering around near our house he has a good warning bark which sounds like he really means business. He wouldn't hurt a fly though if they actually did break in.

Sumo is a complete sook. Anyone he meets is just a potential cuddle, no one is to be feared or wary of. I like that about him because I show him, and he's got a real confidence about him. If someone broke in he'd be their best friend lol. We get him to "speak" during play time where he barks and growls at us, and his voice is so deep! If he were to really growl at you you'd probably run a mile! But I've never heard him make any noise other than playing with us.

We had a big goofy Rotty cross a few years ago - He'd rather have slept but I'm pretty sure no one ever tested the theory ... I sure as hell would think twice before jumping the fence with anything much bigger then an ACD on the other side...

Exactly, just their size is a deterrent. I wouldn't mess with them if I didn't know them! I feel safe being at home on my own (with them) because if someone knocks on the door they are there with me to have a stickybeak :laugh: No one would be game to try anything. But they really are both as gentle as lambs.