What Is Your Dogs Favorite Treat?

My basset's favorite treat is raw carrot. My daughter just sat and ate a carrot and the whole time Josie has watched her wishing and hoping that the carrot would levitate out of her hand and in to her bed LOL. I told Celeste she was being watched so she shared the last piece with the dog and she's a happy hound now :laugh:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elsie really loves raw carrot too! My partner had a carrot for his lunch box and was carrying it through the kitchen in one hand, kinda swinging it a little bit, Elsie jumped up and stole it out of his hand from behind and ate it LOL.

Yoghurt would probably be Marlos favourite. He cries and whimpers while he is waiting for me to finish so he can lick the tub. If I have yoghurt and say "drop" he hits the deck instantly, normally it takes a few tries.

One time we stopped to get some breakfast on the way to the park with the dogs. Got them out and when Kivi realised I had banana bread he wouldn't take his eyes off me.... until he realised my partner had toast, prompting him to do a massive, comical double-take with his eyes bugged out, and leap into the air and twist 180 degrees so he could instantly direct all his attention at the surprise toast. He really likes toast. And bread. I've had him throw a five minute tantrum because I wouldn't let him pick up a sandwich he found on the side of the road.

Erik is pretty big on apples and bananas.

Cheese, Stan would do a cartwheel for cheese :D

Sonny & Stella are the same. OMG!!! Is that cheese mum's got?? Then they both start going through the tricks & obedience moves they know to see what they have to do to get it LOL

Edited by BC Crazy

Whatever the toddler is hurling across the room at that particular point in time :laugh:

Doof can tell if you open mentos or skittles, he'll eat anything but those are his favourite. My toller just loses it at the thought of food, although I've noticed lately when they clean up after the girlchild's dinner she leaves the veg for doof :rofl:

Cheese, Stan would do a cartwheel for cheese :D

Sonny & Stella are the same. OMG!!! Is that cheese mum's got?? Then they both start going through the tricks & obedience moves they know to see what they have to do to get it LOL

This is Stan's cheese face. When I want him to look at me when I'm taking a photo...just say cheese :)

post-38965-0-44957500-1369216787_thumb.jpg

It has taken me a year to find a food that Zig considers worthy of giving up his tennis ball for and of all things, it is home brand devon.

That stuff is just nasty IMO.. But he works for it, so I use it. He gets bored with it quickly though so we still do half our training with a tennis ball.

He really does prefer his tennis ball though and if it is a squeaky kong one, even better..

A big treat for him is also some RC kibble mixed with cottage cheese and stuffed in his kong.. He has worked out if he stands on the deck and drops it over the side, all the filling comes out, without him having to work for it..

We often have poddy calves and have to make up milk formula for them. All of the dogs would quite happily sell their souls for the calf milk (so would our pet pigs). The most senior dog ensures he comes out on feeding duty with me morning and night - he knows he gets to lick the buckets...

All of the younger dogs go nuts for Watermelon, older dogs ask "you want me to EAT this?"

One of the older dogs is very partial to cambembert, any cheese actually. We just have to ask her "Where's the CHEESE LuluBelle?" and she starts salivating.

We have a tree in the yard that we call the candyfloss tree. It produces seedpods that are full of "candyfloss". One of the dogs in particular will leap up and pull the pods off the tree to get to the candyfloss. (It's safe, people can eat it).

Edited by ash1