Question About Showing An Imported Dog

cassie

Hi all, hoping to get some advice. I've recently imported a Saint pup from NZ. Before I show him here in Aus, do I need to do anything? Register him with the ANKC or something? Could ask my breeder of course, but thought I might get a faster response here. I'm in SA if it makes any difference.

Edited by cassie

If the breeder in NZ was registered with their Canine Council, I would assume you would have the pedigree papers, the New Zealand registration paper and a transfer paper signed by the NZ breeder. Have you got the papers for the dog from NZ? Assuming you are a member of the Sth Aust kennel Assoc., as 'showdog' said, phone the SACA and they will advise you what's next.

I'm assuming it is the same Australia wide but I have just recently re-registered my imported Fauve who was shown in NZ. I needed his NZ Export Pedigree, his paperwork from getting off the plane (the little slip you pick up from the freight company) and a re-registration form. Takes 10-14 business days. :thumbsup:

You need to re-register him with your state body. You need a copy of your air way bill and quarantine release as well as his NZ export pedigree.

Edited by poocow

I have a certificate of ownership for him, and he's already in my name. The flip side has "Transfer of ownership of this dog" but it already says "Owned by..." with my details. So he's in my name I think, I just have to register him with SACA now? Sorry for the silly questions I'm new to this. I will call SACA tomorrow if I can or Monday anyway :)

I have a certificate of ownership for him, and he's already in my name. The flip side has "Transfer of ownership of this dog" but it already says "Owned by..." with my details. So he's in my name I think, I just have to register him with SACA now? Sorry for the silly questions I'm new to this. I will call SACA tomorrow if I can or Monday anyway :)

I think you should contact his breeder. You need an export certificate, not just ordinary rego papers

I think you should contact his breeder. You need an export certificate, not just ordinary rego papers

Sorry, I haven't listed everything here that has been supplied to me. Yes I have his export pedigree :)

Another question: While I'm waiting for his registration with Dogs SA, can I enter him in a show using his original rego number from NZ? Silly question?

His registration number will stay the same but that being said I know in NSW it is against the rules to enter a dog before the re-registration process is complete.

Another question: While I'm waiting for his registration with Dogs SA, can I enter him in a show using his original rego number from NZ? Silly question?

The rego number will remain the same, so yes you can use it.

I would think that as you have lodged the re reg papers with your state controlling body, then you can start to enter shows. By the time the shows come around, all paperwork should be completed and returned to you.