American Staffordshire Terriers

chris001

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a good idea. Then you can focus on Sarge and his training and your other family member can focus on the little girl.

Two puppies is HARD work, I did it with an 8 week old and a 9 month old and they were still a bad influence on each other. Two young puppy bull breeds will be crazy!

Different homes in the same family and they can still be friends and you can still be involved with both of them, plus you won't have to worry about serious fights between strong dogs as they mature.

Thats the way I've been looking at it ive had her for almost two days and its to full on, plus now I've got a door I need to patch up lol. If none of my family take her I'll have to sell her going to be abit hard for me to find a good home for her.

If none of my family take her I'll have to sell her going to be abit hard for me to find a good home for her.

Return her to her breeder. After only two days they should give you a full refund if they care even slightly about the future of their pup.

Yes he is lol.

She is really bulky but small, looks younger then 11 weeks and have had problems already between the two of them sarge is deperite to get to her to play and the new one plays for abit with him but then starts going crazy on him attacking sarge goes back but still bites solf.

This new pup never quits and is a gower. Might have to do something with them, think this time I jumped into things without thinking and I'd keep Sarge any day.

Most Staffs play rough and it can be quite intimidating to watch if you don't really know how they play or you have never seen it before. Not to mention the noises they can make sometimes.

It is not that the pup is a goer, she just wants to play, probably more than your boy does..

I know my boy walks away from the pup we have here at the moment when he has had enough.

I agree with Sandra777 - take the pup back to the breeder and ask for a refund.. A good breeder will take a pup back if it doesn't fit into a new home because they only want the best for their pups.

How does or has everyone toilet trained there pups/dogs here? My pup lets us know he needs to go by sniffing at the back door but is'nt fully trained yet and does'nt use puppy pads most times when he does it inside.

I'm looking for more methods to teach him. He's almost there but not completey.

I went about it by just saying no when he went indoors and would attact a lead and take him out the back and when he went would reward him with pats and good boy lol.

We sometimes wake up to messes on the carpet or when we're out. I have lost my cool with him a couple times and have yelled even know its my responcablity to teach him and go about it carmly. At one stage though it was really stressfull but not so much now.

And thanks again in advance for any help, tips etc that I get :)

There is no point yelling at a puppy for going to the toilet in the house. They will have no idea what you are yelling at them for. its like yelling at at baby for going to the toilet.

Please remember that puppies have little bladders and cant hold them very long. Please be patient with the puppy as toilet training takes time.

Yeah I'll deffently keep the obedience training up and do what I can when any issues come up.

I'm abit "how you doing" when he's around my two year old but he's good with her, plays soft with her compared to how he plays with me.

I cant fully trust how he would react with other animals (dogs) as it has'nt been put to the test yet besides vet visits, and have'nt really had him for that long to know how he would, but at the vet he got really curious tail wagging and all.

I plan on getting a muzzel when he gets abit bigger and stronger just to be sure, but people might take it the wrong way when walking him and so on.

Thanks for everyone's answers, tips and help with all my concerns and questions that have popped up. :D

I haven't read all the comments but why a second one when you're still training the first? Does the girl have papers (BSL wise is all I'm thinking).

eta: desex her if you're going to sell her.

Edited by Powerlegs

I got her off a guy that braught her off the breeder, I have been speaking to the breeder to get some back ground and info etc apparently she had papers but the guy I got her off lost them thats why he sold her cheap.

I really want to keep her just have to have a long think about it before I make my dission this time, none of my family are willing to take her in due to working around the clock and wont have the time she needs, my cousin offered to buy her off me but he's never owned a dog and does'nt have a clue how to train and attend to their needs so thats a NO...

And with the training I was thinking one on one at each time but I know once they're together that goes down the drain.

I love dogs and most other animals maybe I should go work at a shelter instead of bringing in every dog I see lol.

I use to breed birds of lots of types but got board with that now I've got more dogs, not sure if I want to breed not all that keen to, thinking of desexing but seems cruel, guess it stops unwanted litters though and more dogs ending up on death row.

Stuck and would be greatfull for any advice if I was to keep both.

Everyone's being so nice and understanding here. Yet at other times we would see anger by now. I don't get it. This is a disaster story unfolding. 'Not sure if I want to breed'? Jesus Christ.

Is the original breeder willing to take her back? Your chances should be good if she is papered but then again, you did say one of the parents was blue, so might not actually be an ethical breeder, registered or no :(

If you were to keep them both I would suggest keeping them separate mostly, that means sleeping in separate areas, walking separately, separate one on one training for short sessions several times a day and separate puppy classes. I would really only let them together for short, supervised play sessions. As they mature, especially if they have grown up together and because their ages are so close, they may start to fight for supremacy and with this breed in particular, you may be faced with a situation where neither is willing to back down.

This means they will seriously hurt each other if given a chance or may even kill each other accidentally or otherwise.

Until then, if kept together, you are pretty much pushing shit uphill to stop them from egging each other on in destroying things, digging and doing all the things you want to teach them not to do, basically.

If you have a job I honestly see no way that this will work out but even if not, you are pretty much taking on a full time job raising two pups of this type (or any two pups this similar in age, really, but damage is usually proportionate to size and they will become at least medium sized, very strong dogs) together in the one house. I doubt you will find much joy in having them and you may even get sick of both.

In your situation I would definitely try to either return or possibly surrender one pup to a reputable rescue as I am very afraid this situation will end in tears for everyone otherwise :(

Everyone's being so nice and understanding here. Yet at other times we would see anger by now. I don't get it. This is a disaster story unfolding. 'Not sure if I want to breed'? Jesus Christ.

You have someone asking questions and taking the answers on board, and you want to tell them they don't know anything so don't bother ? :confused:

You have someone asking questions and taking the answers on board, and you want to tell them they don't know anything so don't bother ? :confused:

No, that's not what I want. I gather your comprehension isn't terrific. I wondered why this thread in particular was progressing this way when almost all others with less idiocy seem to make people unreasonable and angry. Sorry I had to explain that to you. The OP in this thread is being forgiven for being a moron because they're 'taking things on board'.