Deformed Chihuahua

Kirislin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're breeding it?

I dont think so, I haven't seen anywhere that says she's being bred from.

Page said she had been rescued from an animal hoarder/backyard breeder.

Edited by Ronda

I'm not even sure what to make of it all. I can see she is loved. Can she move on her own?

it reminds me a bit of that paralysed kangaroo that some woman had in the US and she'd carry it round and dress it up. :(

I think sometimes, just because something can be kept alive, it doesn't necessarily mean it should be.

I'm not even sure what to make of it all. I can see she is loved. Can she move on her own?

it reminds me a bit of that paralysed kangaroo that some woman had in the US and she'd carry it round and dress it up. :(

I think sometimes, just because something can be kept alive, it doesn't necessarily mean it should be.

Exactly

There are some videos of her moving... or wriggling is more precise. She wagged her tail and she played with some soft toys.

I don't palm on forming any judgement. I'm not sure there is enough info given to determine the quality of life. I would assume it would be a short life anyway.

There are some videos of her moving... or wriggling is more precise. She wagged her tail and she played with some soft toys.

I don't palm on forming any judgement. I'm not sure there is enough info given to determine the quality of life. I would assume it would be a short life anyway.

Hard to know for sure, although I think if I had a bitch whelping and something like that was born I'd have it humanely euthanased.

Edited by Kirislin

If I was in doubt about a dog's quality of life, I would rather they be let go a day too soon rather than a day too late.

I can't help but wonder about the mental stability of some "rescuers" (note, I say some and not all!). It seems that some needy people thrive on the "you're doing such a good thing/God bless you etc etc" messages.

Rosie was born in Feb 2010 - that makes her now 3.5 years old... she appears to be getting vet care when she needs it, and the person who has her seems to be doing everything to make her comfortable.

As megan said though...

It seems that some needy people thrive on the "you're doing such a good thing/God bless you etc etc" messages.

... and that could very well be the case... but if the dog isn't suffering unduly, and she has a quality of life (albeit an obviously different life to that most of us would prefer for our dogs) - then kudos to the family who are giving her what she needs for as long as she needs it.

She is certainly a very strange looking little creature though, isn't she? Kinda cute too in a weird and unusual way... *grin*

T.