Mita Where Are You?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Annie's eyes go like that. When she gets anxious, it's like she pulls back her face & ears, making her eyes look big & poppy. It's how I can tell she's anxious.

That first pic looks very like Annie, too.

Edited by mita

What a lovely little face!

How are there so many showing up in rescue at the moment?!

The shelter I vollie at has a 'pug Tibetan spaniel x', but to be honest I see no tibbie what so ever in him (he is lovely tho). A friend of mine says its probably just because he is stubborn and independent ; p

Bertie, his new person has already shown up. Trouble is, she's in France. :)

A retired French breeder was among the people asked for comments on this cute Tibbie X. She said, if he was in her area, she'd adopt him in a heartbeat. Her assessment's been passed on to PAWS.

Mita, what a sweetheart he is! If I didn't already have 2 of my own, I would go to Sydney and beg for him!!

He's probably going to find a forever home soon being such a gorgeous guy. ARQ once had a red tibbie x that looked similar to this tibbie. It was before Helen and I was very keen on him. When I inquired, I found out that this tibbie x had a long list of people wanting him and he was rehomed to the foster carer's daughter. I didn't even have a look in and believe me, I was not beneath begging!

Mita, what a sweetheart he is! If I didn't already have 2 of my own, I would go to Sydney and beg for him!!

He's sure winning hearts from distant places!

I believe his name was Fluffy. I don't know if PAWS will change it. I think he deserves a name that does him justice.

'Fluffy' now has a true blue Tibetan name, 'Karuna'. Means 'mercy' or 'compassion'.

Denise says he's loving being in foster-care. So here's another sweet-natured, happy little fellow. Cruisy Karuna. :)

I hope he's got a secretary to handle his fan-mail. From France, Brisbane & Perth. :)

'Fluffy' now has a true blue Tibetan name, 'Karuna'. Means 'mercy' or 'compassion'.

Denise says he's loving being in foster-care. So here's another sweet-natured, happy little fellow. Cruisy Karuna. :)

I hope he's got a secretary to handle his fan-mail. From France, Brisbane & Perth. :)

Lol, I really did Chewbacca a dis-service naming him, but in my defence the shelter had called him Yetti and Chewy seemed a better choice (and the fact that he is Chewbacca colours).

Next tibbie will be a Tibetan name :)

I love the name Chewbacca ( I am a Star Wars tragic)! Our tibbies have very non Tibetan names. We did have the opportunity to re-name Miki as he came to us as a pup but he already responded to his name(given by his breeder) so we decided not to change it. The kids were so disappointed as they went to a lot of trouble getting everyone to vote on the list they came up with! It took them much debating to come up with a list too!!

My tibbie girls have had non-Tibetan names, too. Adopted as adults from registered breeders. They have 'girly' names... Gracie, Annie, NinaZena. Tibbie who lived next door, who could run like the wind, was named Brock, after Peter Brock the racing driver.

I think it's good for the Tibbies with Rescues to be given Tibetan names. It helps highlight their breed ancestry. A lot of their lovely traits are connected with that.

Karuna's got a great name, now. A respected palliative care service in Brisbane is named Karuna (mercy & compassion) ... & was founded by Buddhist monks & nuns.

I love the name Chewbacca ( I am a Star Wars tragic)! Our tibbies have very non Tibetan names. We did have the opportunity to re-name Miki as he came to us as a pup but he already responded to his name(given by his breeder) so we decided not to change it. The kids were so disappointed as they went to a lot of trouble getting everyone to vote on the list they came up with! It took them much debating to come up with a list too!!

Thanks, Chewbacca suited him as when first adopted he would just sit in a corner or on top of something, silently watching us (we couldn't touch him until he decided we were ok) ; p

I like Miki as it sounds like an anime name, and tibbies come up in anime a lot (not sure if they are supposed to be tibbies but they look just like them!)

Off to the show tomorrow to see the tibbies - so excited!

Lol, I really did Chewbacca a dis-service naming him, but in my defence the shelter had called him Yetti and Chewy seemed a better choice (and the fact that he is Chewbacca colours).

Next tibbie will be a Tibetan name :)

But then it wouldn't rhyme with Louis :D

Chewy and Louis :heart:

8480781611_818b592d25.jpg

8481870998_50bfbbcefe.jpg

8481871002_baac719f92.jpg

Off to the show tomorrow to see the tibbies - so excited!

And Cresties :D