Yoghurt Plus Dry Food

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They used to but don't stock it now........ very frustrating as I found it was a good food with pre and pro biotics

Do they still make it? Their website doesn't work anymore.

You could try feeding real yoghurt, it's probably a heap better nutritionally.

They used to but don't stock it now........ very frustrating as I found it was a good food with pre and pro biotics

Do they still make it? Their website doesn't work anymore.

You could try feeding real yoghurt, it's probably a heap better nutritionally.

Agree. How could the good cultures in the yoghurt dog food still exist after being cooked? Even if they had a fancy way - I'd still rather give real yoghurt. We used to sell the sister (pet store) product of that called Biotic Plus and it was a fail - hardly anybody bought it. We couldn't even move it at half price, didn't help that I hate selling cheap food that is priced like a premium.

Buy a yoghurt maker and make up your own, you can buy low-fat unsweetened yoghurt powder at the supermarket, the brands are Hansells or Easy-Yo. Hansells are often on special. it is easy to make, do it in the evening and let it turn overnight then pop it in the fridge.

They contain Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus acidophilus. Some certain products also contain the Bifidobacteria strain

Doggies love it!

Buy a yoghurt maker and make up your own, you can buy low-fat unsweetened yoghurt powder at the supermarket, the brands are Hansells or Easy-Yo. Hansells are often on special. it is easy to make, do it in the evening and let it turn overnight then pop it in the fridge.

They contain Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus acidophilus. Some certain products also contain the Bifidobacteria strain

Doggies love it!

I have an Easi-Yo and its how i make the yoghurt for Jager. I make it up once or twice a week (depending on how much i eat of it :)) its super easy and the powder can be bought from Coles (i dont know about Woolies) for about $3 and it makes a litre. I just throw a tablespoon onto his breaky each morning.

And it is super yummy!

A lot cheaper if you make your own entirely & not difficult if you have a yogurt maker or a thermal pot. One tiny batch of culture makes 100 litres of yogurt, you just store the culture in the freezer. I get mine from here Green Living Australia, I also bought a milk thermometer to go with it....takes out the guess work & I make mine with powdered milk.

I've asked in the past how dogs are able to eat yoghurt, given most are lactose intolerant, and I was told it's because most yoghurts are made from goat's milk? none of them specify the type of milk on the packet though. I've thought about making my own, but trying to source goat's milk would be pretty tricky! Has anyone used the low/no lactose milks at the supermarket to make yoghurt?

I've asked in the past how dogs are able to eat yoghurt, given most are lactose intolerant, and I was told it's because most yoghurts are made from goat's milk? none of them specify the type of milk on the packet though. I've thought about making my own, but trying to source goat's milk would be pretty tricky! Has anyone used the low/no lactose milks at the supermarket to make yoghurt?

The amount of yogurt you give them isn't huge and most dogs don't have a problem with it. The yoghurt I use (Jalna natural) is naturally low lactose, and I think a lot of natural yoghurts are. Don't just assume your dog can't have lactose, their tummies are a lot stronger than you give them credit for.

yeah, I give mine Jalna for that very reason.

My pup has had a lot of tummy upsets, and the key reason he gets yoghurt is to firm up his stools. I wouldn't risk giving him something that could potentially make the problem worse. Don't really feel like experimenting to find out if he is actually lactose intolerent or not - he's had enough dramas.