Long Hair Labrador

Staffyluv

Aren't all ANKC breeders constrained not to deliberately produce crossbreeds? Should a copy of that advert have been sent to DogsNSW?

Here is the DogsNSW Code of Ethics - Section 5 covers the forbidding of crossbreeding (except for the exceptions LOL)

Sorry, a tad OT.embarrass.gif

They can't use their purebred/registered dogs for crossbreeeding, but are free to cross any other dog they like, with whatever they want.

So they can only breed crossbred to crossbred? Is that right? Which would exclude most of the F1 crosses currently being touted as so-called "designer" dogs. So if the add was for a first cross of purebreds, or even of one purebred to a crossbred, they would be in breach of the regulations, yes?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't all ANKC breeders constrained not to deliberately produce crossbreeds? Should a copy of that advert have been sent to DogsNSW?

Here is the DogsNSW Code of Ethics - Section 5 covers the forbidding of crossbreeding (except for the exceptions LOL)

They can't use their purebred/registered dogs for crossbreeeding, but are free to cross any other dog they like, with whatever they want.

So they can only breed crossbred to crossbred? Is that right? Which would exclude most of the F1 crosses currently being touted as so-called "designer" dogs. So if the add was for a first cross of purebreds, or even of one purebred to a crossbred, they would be in breach of the regulations, yes?

Not necessarily. If they used un-registered purebred dogs they could do what they liked.

Not necessarily. If they used un-registered purebred dogs they could do what they liked.

Exactly, the dogs they use just can't be registered, but they can be as pure as their registered dogs.

There was a thread here about mismarked labs a while ago. I have personally seen two brindle point labs in Brisbane and both had papers according to the owners. Does that lab breeder live in SEQld? I have also seen a litter of working line labs that were black with white paws. Apparently the Queen had a white-pawed dog who was used by outside breeders.

Incidentally I have heard of a story where an elderly lady had her cocker spaniel clipped and it became a small rotti bitch. Apparently, she had adopted it as a black and tan cocker but once the longish coat was off it looked exactly like a rotti.

1376865821[/url]' post='6279883']

There was a thread here about mismarked labs a while ago. I have personally seen two brindle point labs in Brisbane and both had papers according to the owners. Does that lab breeder live in SEQld? I have also seen a litter of working line labs that were black with white paws. Apparently the Queen had a white-pawed dog who was used by outside breeders.

Incidentally I have heard of a story where an elderly lady had her cocker spaniel clipped and it became a small rotti bitch. Apparently, she had adopted it as a black and tan cocker but once the longish coat was off it looked exactly like a rotti.

The breeder I referred to is Not in SE QLD. You can probably find brindle-marked Labs in all states.White on pads is much honored. The first dual champion Lab, Banchory Bolo, had white spots in his pads and passed the trait on. Seehttp://www.lorkenfarms.com/banchory_bolo.htm

1376865821[/url]' post='6279883']

The breeder I referred to is Not in SE QLD. You can probably find brindle-marked Labs in all states.White on pads is much honored. The first dual champion Lab, Banchory Bolo, had white spots in his pads and passed the trait on. Seehttp://www.lorkenfarms.com/banchory_bolo.htm

My last boy had bolo marks :)

I have heard non dog people call a goldie a long haired Labrador before today. :eek:

Our flat coat gets all kinds of crazy guesses, and tbh a few people walk off thinking he's a 'black coated retriever' or a 'black golden retriever' etc because it's too hard to correct them on the run.

Once we even got 'smooth curly coated retriever'

Ooook. Lots of interesting 'what cross is he?' guesses too.

Not in NSW. Our COE prohibits Dogs NSW members from breeding any dogs not on the ANKC main register.

Quote section 12

"A member shall not knowingly permit the mating of any dog or bitch which is not

registered on the Main Register of ANKC Ltd or with an organisation on the listing of

ANKC Recognised Working Dog Associations/Kindred Bodies as being eligible for

registration on the Sporting Register. (07/13)"

Not in NSW. Our COE prohibits Dogs NSW members from breeding any dogs not on the ANKC main register.

Quote section 12

"A member shall not knowingly permit the mating of any dog or bitch which is not

registered on the Main Register of ANKC Ltd or with an organisation on the listing of

ANKC Recognised Working Dog Associations/Kindred Bodies as being eligible for

registration on the Sporting Register. (07/13)"

Thank you for that dancinbcs, so they only time that a DogsNSW member could advertise crossbreds they had bred was if it was a once-off, accidental mating?

I will have to go through the DogsVic rules and regs again and see if there is similar paragraph.