What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone once asked me if my Pug was a Pit Bull.

I got asked if my Flat Coat was a staffy. TWICE. Sure guys. Same same...?

Lol, I'm half expecting someone to have a story about the time someone thought their dog was zebra.

She is. See :D

that's awesome, yet totally random :rofl:

Most common statements I get about Joey (whippet) are hes so skinny or he looks like a tiger. I once had some dimwit call him a pitbull and the other week had a mother say to her child, "look a baby greyhound". Whats starting to really annoy me lately though is when ever I say that I take him racing people automatically assume that I win money if he wins races.

This one must have been mentioned already - 'golden Labrador'. I used to automatically correct with 'yellow'. But have just given up and grit my teeth and smile sweetly.

Many people have asked me what breed my black GSD pup is. After I say a GSD, most have said, 'they don't come in black'. I explain that they do and also other colours apart from the regular black and tan. At least I haven't got from anyone that he must be a cross, as I was told many times with my sable GSD.

When my black GSD was a pup, the vet marked him down as a Kelpie X and when correcting her that he was a GSD, the vet didn't know they came in black either :laugh: People ask what breed a black GSD is all the time......never had that with a black and tan!

1379933607[/url]' post='6305856']

Is that a Schnauzer ?

I said no they are Airedales . Oh they are crossed with a poodle right ? Um NO!! Lol

I always get asked if Hamish is a labradoodle. A guy working at a pet store said "what's that?" After I said he was an Airedale...it just seemed more amusing as they have books on Airedales a few of the clipper boxes behind the counter have Airedales on them. A few other times He's gotten Scottie and bedlingtonconfused.gif

Guest Maeby Fünke

Chiming in on the greyhounds - my girl has been mistaken for a donkey and a deer. Once was at a dog park :confused: Why would I bring my deer to a dog park?

:laugh: What d*ickheads!

• 2 weeks later...

So this isnt actually something someone said but rather something someone did, it was really annoying but not worth starting a thread for so thought I'd add to this one...

I was at the dog park just before with my 3, there was another lady there with her young Irish Setter (who is gorgeous btw :D ) and a couple with their dog, let's call it a BC............(coz it is).

All fine until the girl with the BC decides it's time to leave. They were calling the dog trying to get her to come but she was off doing something else so she ignored them. So the girl's solution was for them to go over to the gates as if to leave (it's that double gate set up I assume most dog parks have, where you close one before you open the next so no one escapes), she opened the inside gate, dog ignored them, so she yelled at the guy to open the outside gate as well. (He didn't want to leave both open so she threw a ball at him...nice huh). Then they both came back into the park to catch their dog coz she was still ignoring them, LEAVING BOTH GATES WIDE OPEN leading straight out to carpark which is open to the busy road maybe 60m away!

Fortunately my and the other lady's dogs were more interested in us anyway so didn't go near the gates, but seriously, who does that? I've seen plenty of dogs at fenced off leash parks who could be straight out those gates. How selfish :mad

Thanks for the vent :)

On the topic of frustrating dog park events... this morning there was a dog "trainer" (I use the term loosely...) in my local off leash dog park with a client. A dog in a halti, they were parading it around encouraging it to "hi say" to all the doggies, then yanking on its head it if showed too much interest or took a step towards the dogs they were making it interact with, or heaven forbid it wagged its tail and tried to play. The "trainer" then grabbed its head and shoved it down into a water bowl to make it drink, and when it tried to take a step away she shoved it with her leg to put it back.

Luckily she had her business logo on her shirt so I now know to advise people where not to go for help with their dogs.

I didn't stay around long, I grabbed my dogs and moved away as she kept calling them over to try and say hi to her dog :(

We had one woman telling us how fab a school here in melb is, and we're doing our dogs a disservice by going to any other.

I said thanks politely but we have a school organised, so she proceeded to call her dog over and show us how obedient he was. Dog totally ignored her, I felt very smug :D

Edited by Steph M

Another frustrating situation. We took the dogs to a family gathering last night, is was the lesser of two evils as the housemate was moving out yesterday and we didn't want to stress the dogs with all the comings and goings.

I was a little bit worried about Sarah having to be around so many people in a small courtyard but seemed to be handling it ok until the 2 year old showed up.

Despite telling him to leave Sarah alone because she was shy and that he could play with collie he still found the time to harass Sarah and in the process tell everyone that she was shy?! The most frustrating part was watching Sarah and the 2 year old doing circles around the table as he was trying to catch her when I was inside and no-one including my OH thought to stop it. As soon as I get outside and say something the response is 'oh she's fine'. Grrr

So now I'm making it up to her with snuggles in bed even though the dogs aren't allowed in the bedroom :)

In all fairness Leah a 2 year old would not understand what it means that the dog is shy, even less so if the child hasn't been trained to be around dogs. A better option would have been to seperate the two if you weren't there to personally watch them if the parents of the child weren't interested in supervising.