Dog Being Driven Along By Car :( Bulimba/hawthorne/morningside

Beckybecbec

My dad just shared this pic on FB....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151721915659807&set=a.10150324219934807.352199.596834806&type=1

Under photo says:

Does anyone around the Hawthorne/ Bulimba/ Morningside area recognise this car? 518 SBA qld plates- they had their dog on a leash running outside of the car!

Poster is not a friend or relative or anything

Guest donatella

I know that exact street and that road they were turning on (Riding Road, Bulimba). Very busy, especially on the weekends with people going to the shops on Oxford street. Those people are dickheads of the highest order, I hope this image has made its way to both the police and the RSPCA.

We had someone in my old town that would put his dog out at the top of our street and drive about a k to the end of the street and the dog would chase the car. He said it was for exercise. I offered to walk his dog but he refused. the ranger wasn't coming to the town at this stage and we had no resident policeman so he never got caught.

Lots of people have posted it on the RSPCA site and also QPS, hopefully one or both are investigating.

Yes, this morning's Courier-Mail article (Don posted), says both the police & the RSPCA are investigating. So someone will get their ears pulled (& it won't be the dog).

We had someone in my old town that would put his dog out at the top of our street and drive about a k to the end of the street and the dog would chase the car. He said it was for exercise. I offered to walk his dog but he refused. the ranger wasn't coming to the town at this stage and we had no resident policeman so he never got caught.

LOL That reminds me of my Grandad - when he got old , and couldn't do much , he had a little mini-moke to drive. he used to put 4 or 5 dogs in.. drive a mile or so away from the house ..tell the dogs to get out , and trundle back home . The dogs loved their runs - and there was no danger of traffic . It did not teach them to chase cars, either ;)

LOL That reminds me of my Grandad - when he got old , and couldn't do much , he had a little mini-moke to drive. he used to put 4 or 5 dogs in.. drive a mile or so away from the house ..tell the dogs to get out , and trundle back home . The dogs loved their runs - and there was no danger of traffic . It did not teach them to chase cars, either ;)

Mine love to run home! And follow the quad round the paddocks.... In fact when you start the damn thing they all go mental barking at it because its not moving! :rofl: :rofl: they do the same to the horse when he's in the cart too!

Horse gets a bit peed off tho.

I have to admit to leading my horse off my car like that dog in the pic. But it was at the time of the Black Saturday bushfires and it was about 1.30am in the morning, I was alone and felt I had to evacuate her from my property. There was almost no traffic around and I crept along at about 5ks an hour with my hazard lights flashing. As it happened 2 young girls drove past and stopped to help me. One of them ended up riding her for me.

My dad owned a sailing school when I was young and used to go there by boat from our house most days (around a 20 minute boat trip at a reasonable pace). Our dog riff would chase the boat to work most days, dad would get to work and riff would be swimming along happily behind the boat or he would pass dad and wait on the wharf for him to arrive :laugh: