Anyone Else Get This Sms?

I don't know where they got my number :shrug: it's not on the internet.

"We welcome you to seekpets.com.au

Advertise your pets FREE! First 100 posters receive a complimentary promotion!

[email protected]"

A whois search didn't reveal a name I recognise. And I can't reply to the message because it hasn't got a number so I might have to email to unsubscribe but would prefer not to go on a mailing list. Is anyone familiar with this service site?

[email protected]"

A whois search didn't reveal a name I recognise. And I can't reply to the message because it hasn't got a number so I might have to email to unsubscribe but would prefer not to go on a mailing list. Is anyone familiar with this service site?

http://seekpets.com.au/

As of the 1st of August they are able to use your mobile as they have for land lines - telemarketing etc . You can block it but charities have an exemption and can harass the hell out of you anyway.

[email protected]"

http://seekpets.com.au/

As of the 1st of August they are able to use your mobile as they have for land lines - telemarketing etc . You can block it but charities have an exemption and can harass the hell out of you anyway.

Blast. Is there still the Do Not Call list that will stop my mobile being used for stuff like this?

yes got one too, just deleted.

I just don't know how they got my number, it's nowhere on the internet.

Is it possible numbers were sold on a pet or rescue related list?

It doesn't have to be on the net. You've filled out something somewhere and included your mobile.

It doesn't have to be on the net. You've filled out something somewhere and included your mobile.

Yep, I meant that being on a list would be the scenario (because there's no other way) and that makes it more annoying. :laugh: I don't know why but that really irks me.

My opinion after speaking with SeekPet people this evening is to observe this website only.

Just to speak to anyone at SeekPets was challenging and the answer to my initial email was

"Unfortunately as the company is young we do not consist of a company landline"

I sent a second email and a few minutes later a lady rang me with a 'No caller Id'

All I can say is I am not impressed - this lady contradicted herself so many times and has little knowledge of the companion animal law.

However her biggest blooper was you cannot make desexing mandatory (on the website) because people may want to breed.

This statement was made after telling me all about stopping dodgy breeders. She feels people need to make informed choices et al. Truly my brain was going in circles trying to find any logic in this conversation.

xx LP xx

The phone company you are with can now sell your mobile number to them. I was warned about it before it came in and went and added the 4 mobiles which are in my name to the do not call register but the charity ones are still having a go.