Harry Suffered Bloat Last Night

Flashsmum

He's now past the really critical stage, so you can start to relax a little and just focus on getting his appetite back to normal.

Remember he's had some pretty major abdominal surgery, so his tummy may still be a little tender when he eats solid foods. As long as he's drinking well, and everything that goes in the top end comes out the back end looking normal, you should be fine...

T.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's great news he is doing well :thumbsup: You might have to show him some take away menus and see what he'd like to order in next :D

I understand your paranoia, when Stan fractured his skull a few months ago and then had complications I was sick with worry every day. Luckily I have a close friend who is a vet nurse and greyhound owner so I used to ring her sometimes, well a lot, actually all the time :o

Last night he slept in the lounge room on his bed the whole night, didn't come into the bedroom! Also, this morning he ate breakfast, YAY! No poo for today yet, but there's still time.

Rescue remedy might be a good idea, bit I Have to buy some because the only one I have here has the dropper in the dogs' mouths, don't think I want to use that one. :laugh:

After D bloated his recovery was quite smooth.

He spent a few days at the local vets in a crate and then we borrowed a crate from a friend for him to be contained in at home for a few days.

He was stitched top to tail so the most worrisome part was how I would get him in the wagon from the emergency vets to the local vet - I turned around to ask the nurse to give me a hand and the bastard jumped up! I was so worried he'd pop his stitches and his guts would go everywhere. He must have been on some strong painkillers.

Glad your boy is on the mend :)

Harry had his stitches out yesterday, and was given the all clear. His red cell count is back to normal

:thumbsup:

We are over the moon that he has recovered from all of this, and so thankful to our vets at North Nowra Veterinary Hospital for saving his life and being so wonderful with his aftercare (and with me!).