Ribbon Storage/display

Anyone here have any great ways of displaying ribbons other than just pinning them all to a wall? Must be some inventive ideas out there! I saw a great display at a show, but it was a bit small, was a wooden plaque where your dog's name was inscribed and behind it there was a little rail on which you hung ribbons. There was only enough room for maybe 5 ribbons though.

Feel free to post photos of your ribbon collections/walls/displays! :)

I've heard of having them made into quilts/pillows etc... I have a fishing line strung across the wall, with the ribbons paperclipped to it. thinking of the quilt.. but then I have for different disaplines, and would have to consider weather to combine...

Good question, DD. Over the years, with several disciplines and a few dogs, I've accumulated quite a few drawers full. Plan is to make quilt and/or cushions ... when I retire :laugh: . I agree with you about the wooden display board/holder - way too small.

I have quite an accumulation of medallions too - currently piled into a big salad bowl - have seen those used as wind chimes - haven't got round to doing it yet. Blame the dogs - their stuff takes up too much time. :rofl:

I'd actually like to have a crate cover made out of them... I figure that would look snazzy.. and maybe I wouldn't look such a dork in the ring when the dogs refuse to work...

What a great idea :thumbsup: I would be a bit worried that I might be seen as showing off though :confused:

I had mine all up on a pin board draped over in batches but I hung up another one the other day and they all fell down :rofl:. First world problem associated with having clever dogs :rofl:.

I then ended up in tears because most are my old girls ribbons/sashes and she hasn't lived at home for the last couple of month and I am missing her to bits. I did think I should box all her ribbons and trophies up and send up them to my parents where she has moved for display purposes :laugh:.

Edited by ness

Those look super, Sheena - How have you fixed them?

Just with thumb tacs ...I bought the coloured tacs so they are a bit harder to see. I have another wall opposite for Cricket's but it is a little bare at the moment with only three title ribbons :) If you look at that photo I put up..the one ribbon I am most proud of is the tiny little blue rosette. That was Bindi's & mine very first ribbon & we won it at the Club Christmas Party years ago when we had just started training for agility. :)

In WA we don't get title sashes and mostly get rosettes for trials which are harder to display. So I just keep them in a box in the spare room. Problem is I chucked them all in one box and can't remember which ones are for which dog now :o Should've written the date and name on the back!

I have this for my sashes from Ribbon Mate.

As each hanger fills, it becomes more profuse from the wall. You can purchase 3 different widths of hangers and just keep adding more. I love it.

Wow...that's neat. Do they slide off though or are they fixed on in some way :confused:

I have this for my sashes from Ribbon Mate.

As each hanger fills, it becomes more profuse from the wall. You can purchase 3 different widths of hangers and just keep adding more. I love it.

Wow...that's neat. Do they slide off though or are they fixed on in some way :confused:

You feed each ribbon through - they don't slide out when a number are fed through the same slot.

I'd actually like to have a crate cover made out of them... I figure that would look snazzy.. and maybe I wouldn't look such a dork in the ring when the dogs refuse to work...

What a great idea :thumbsup: I would be a bit worried that I might be seen as showing off though :confused:

I would be showing off.... heck... if we can get our dogs to do these things we should be proud! I quite happily parade my ribbons around. one day I will get them made into a crate cover. seems to me, we get ribbons to show them off. not be ashamed of getting them! we are proud of what our dogs win us... I'm even proud of my red lantern prizes (thats the prize for comming last)