Dogs On Seats

tarope

clinic cats (our vet keeps them in an aquarium up high),

Am I missing something?

they are obviously catfish......

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:coffeesplurk:

Well not all aquariums have water. Tho the word "aqua" suggests they might. The clinic sometimes has kittens available for adoption and during the day - they're put in this clear sided display box that's up on a cabinet out of most dog nose reach but still in range of my counter surfing dog's ability to scare the crap out of. So we keep a very short lead when there are kittens on display.

My dog has counter surfed at one clinic. I have no idea how she reached her nose over the top but the nurses thought it was adorable. I wasn't so sure. Stood on the lead after that effort so I could pay without help from the evil hound. That particular clinic can get a bit exciting when new customers come in because the space for paying in is right next to the door, next to the busy road... and if another dog wants to say hello while you're paying it's hard to control that.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult isn't it, Hank was bombproof so I never gave it a thought but getting Tubby in and out is a nightmare and he loves finding ways to go to the vet. I actually take him home and then go back and pay. he's crate trained but I couldn't get him in the crate up and down out the car plus if he got freaked out I'd never get him in it again.

I can't believe the amount of people upset by dogs on seats at Vet clinics :rofl:.

Mine usually sit on me on the seat in the waiting room with no problems.

If the surgery is busy I put mine in the car and come back to pay, they are friendly enough but they won't hold a sit stay while someone's long lead, or sometimes no lead, dog wanders right up to them and I can't manage that interaction with one hand while doing an eftpos with the other. And if I ask people to call their dogs back I can guarantee I will get the whole 'poor snookums that nasty lady doesn't want you to be friendsee whensy'.

I hadn't really thought about the seat thing, my dogs are too big to sit on the little plastic seats and wouldn't try unless I asked them to, and if it is the cat I put her crate up there to get her out of reach of the same wandering dogs. If the dogs are under control she stays on the floor, but if not she needs the security of being higher. If a practice manager didn't like that they could control the dogs and then I am happy she stays down.

Edited by Diva

Wow there are a lot of people that seem to think they are better than others.

Move a child so an adult can sit down???

Children are human and deserve the same respect as adults, if someone date asked me to move one of my kids so they could sit down they woulda get a very nasty reaction.

Animals and children are not objects they have feelings and it is disgraceful that people treat them that way.

The old thinking that adults are somehow better or above animals/children is a joke.

Obviously there are many people that live a sheltered life and have nothing better to do than bitch about things that really don't matter.

A vet clinic is built and designed specifically for animals, it is NOT a cafe, restaurant, persons house, doc surgery, etc.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

Children are human and deserve the same respect as adults, if someone date asked me to move one of my kids so they could sit down they woulda get a very nasty reaction.

Animals and children are not objects they have feelings and it is disgraceful that people treat them that way.

The old thinking that adults are somehow better or above animals/children is a joke.

Obviously there are many people that live a sheltered life and have nothing better to do than bitch about things that really don't matter.

A vet clinic is built and designed specifically for animals, it is NOT a cafe, restaurant, persons house, doc surgery, etc.

Children should be taught to give up their seat for an adult. It's simply common courtesy. I feel sorry for children who grow up without being taught manners and common courtesy but it does explain the way some children behave on public transport and in shopping centres.

I guess your children will not be taught to stand for the elderly or a pregnant woman on public transport. Will you teach them that it's quite ok to take up two seats in a crowded bus/tram while adults stand? One seat for themselves and one for their bag and to put their feet on?

My son joined the reserves in the Army. The reserves were required to dine with the officers from time to time. My son said it was sad how many of the younger reserves had absolutely no table manners or even any common courtesy. They had no idea how to behave in a certain formal situation. He thanked me for teaching him table etiquette and general good manners as he felt at ease in any company and in any situation.

Good manners, respect for those older than ourselves and common courtesy will never go out of fashion or be thought of as 'older' thinking. It is up to parents to arm their children with good manners, it serves them well as they mature into adults.

clinic cats (our vet keeps them in an aquarium up high),

Am I missing something?

they are obviously catfish......

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:coffeesplurk:

Well not all aquariums have water. Tho the word "aqua" suggests they might. The clinic sometimes has kittens available for adoption and during the day - they're put in this clear sided display box that's up on a cabinet out of most dog nose reach but still in range of my counter surfing dog's ability to scare the crap out of. So we keep a very short lead when there are kittens on display.

My dog has counter surfed at one clinic. I have no idea how she reached her nose over the top but the nurses thought it was adorable. I wasn't so sure. Stood on the lead after that effort so I could pay without help from the evil hound. That particular clinic can get a bit exciting when new customers come in because the space for paying in is right next to the door, next to the busy road... and if another dog wants to say hello while you're paying it's hard to control that.

I suppose they are at least a bit separate Mrs.RB, I would hate a clinic cat wandering around or cats on display on the counter. Wonder how many "clinic cats" have come to grief?

I can't believe the amount of people upset by dogs on seats at Vet clinics :rofl:.

Mine usually sit on me on the seat in the waiting room with no problems.

I don't get upset by it - I simply wouldn't allow mine to do it.

No I teach my children courtesy and respect. I adore my children but was raised that a child should sit on my lap or the floor to provide a seat for an adult. I have a life - a full and rich life with my lovely dogs and my beautiful, well-behaved children - its simply different to yours :thumbsup: ETA - and if you were at my house and your child was sitting in a seat not leaving one available for me I WOULD tell them to move - my house, my rules. And yet strangely enough, these children who are "treated this way" come back time and time again to stay at my house - our house is regularly full of children.

Children should be taught to give up their seat for an adult. It's simply common courtesy. I feel sorry for children who grow up without being taught manners and common courtesy but it does explain the way some children behave on public transport and in shopping centres.

I guess your children will not be taught to stand for the elderly or a pregnant woman on public transport. Will you teach them that it's quite ok to take up two seats in a crowded bus/tram while adults stand? One seat for themselves and one for their bag and to put their feet on?

My son joined the reserves in the Army. The reserves were required to dine with the officers from time to time. My son said it was sad how many of the younger reserves had absolutely no table manners or even any common courtesy. They had no idea how to behave in a certain formal situation. He thanked me for teaching him table etiquette and general good manners as he felt at ease in any company and in any situation.

Good manners, respect for those older than ourselves and common courtesy will never go out of fashion or be thought of as 'older' thinking. It is up to parents to arm their children with good manners, it serves them well as they mature into adults.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by Trisven13

It used to be that children were taught that it was good manners to offer seats to adults - now it hurts their feelings and people are offended at the idea? Really?

Amen to this ^. Sad isn't it.

These children who grow up with no idea how to behave and who have no manners will be excluded from many situations as they mature.

Would you not ask your kids to stand to let an adult sit? Why would you wait until someone had to ask (unless the kids are unwell of course) in which case why are they at the vets? I am not trying to be rude Rascalmyshadow just genuinely curious. - I don't have kids, but going by my niece and nephew and friends kids they would all get up without being asked.I certainly wouldn't expect to stand up whilst a dog or any other animal occupied a seat.

I don't think it is about thinking you are better than others, just common courtesy. I couldn't care less about the odd dog/cat on a seat but I wouldn't expect to have to stand up for any length of time whilst the all the seats were occupied by children or animals. It is not easy for some of us to stand for a long time - nothing to do with age in my case, but an injury.

I don't feel the need to have my dogs on the seats, they are fine on the floor, if I did I would just take a clean towel. No big deal. I don't think their feelings are hurt by sitting on the floor,it's where they sit everywhere they goshrug.gif I understand those with cats wanting them up off the floor away from the dogs though.

Our vet clinic waiting room is not designed for animals, it is designed for people to wait in, whilst they take their animals for treatment.

Our vet has a lovely new building. Much more sensible design. I don't know what the seats are like because I stand out of the way with mine.

I do know they have flash scales which are part of the floor.

If there is no one around I like to weigh myself at the vet, that way the vet nurse can break it to me and I don't have to face the disappointment alone :laugh:

Our vet has a lovely new building. Much more sensible design. I don't know what the seats are like because I stand out of the way with mine.

If there is no one around I like to weigh myself at the vet, that way the vet nurse can break it to me and I don't have to face the disappointment alone :laugh:

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

I have always been worried I would break the scales, but I have been tempted!

I have always been worried I would break the scales, but I have been tempted!

Oh don't worry Diva I did ask the question first, "how much do these things hold?" :laugh: I feel like I'm on The Biggest Loser...your current weight is :eek: There are other advantages too, you're not going to turn around in disgust and start hoeing in to the pigs ears lol

Edited by HazyWal