52/2014

gapvic

Kirislin do you by any chance live with a camera around your neck? Your photos always look so spontaneous :)

:laugh: they are always spontaneous. I rarely plan a shot, I'm very much a happy snapper with a brilliant camera, :o but at least I realise my limitations. I'm forever getting people asking me to take photos for them because they think I'm a photographer, and I always refuse.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kirislin do you by any chance live with a camera around your neck? Your photos always look so spontaneous :)

:laugh: they are always spontaneous. I rarely plan a shot, I'm very much a happy snapper with a brilliant camera, :o but at least I realise my limitations. I'm forever getting people asking me to take photos for them because they think I'm a photographer, and I always refuse.

you do though have a great eye for knowing a great moment to take some pics.

Tip for anyone going to Taronga Zoo - if you have a camera around your neck with a big white Canon lens on it, this seems to be the indicator for all happy snappers to hand you their own cameras (or even worse - their iPhones!) and want you to take photos of them with Sydney Harbour in the background... *sigh*

T.

you do though have a great eye for knowing a great moment to take some pics.

thanks! I know I dont have a natural talent, like say, Huga, but I have fun with it.

Tip for anyone going to Taronga Zoo - if you have a camera around your neck with a big white Canon lens on it, this seems to be the indicator for all happy snappers to hand you their own cameras (or even worse - their iPhones!) and want you to take photos of them with Sydney Harbour in the background... *sigh*

T.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kirislin you do have a natural talent and an ability to capture the moment in a stunning composition.

It has taken me four tries to get a watermelon shot like yours and I am no where near getting the right shot. I am beginning to think that you cannot photograph Rottweilers eating with elegance :laugh:

This is my latest attempt taken today. Dee eating watermelon in the backyard. Not delicate at all :rofl:

5/52

IMGP0907_zps33c7a536.jpg

thanks girls. I wasn't fishing for compliments but they're much appreciated.

Photography is still a hobby for me. I see others who started at roughly the same time as I did and have moved on to become professional, Ruthless, Becandcharch, Serena and Huga are good examples and so I ask myself sometimes why haven't I. It's just not in me. :shrug:

Oh and Grumpette, I love your watermelon shot. I love seeing dogs eating fruit and veggies.

Edited by Kirislin

kirislin you do have a natural talent and an ability to capture the moment in a stunning composition.

It has taken me four tries to get a watermelon shot like yours and I am no where near getting the right shot. I am beginning to think that you cannot photograph Rottweilers eating with elegance :laugh:

This is my latest attempt taken today. Dee eating watermelon in the backyard. Not delicate at all :rofl:

5/52

IMGP0907_zps33c7a536.jpg

Any photo of one of your gorgeous Rotties is awesome... and this one looks like she's being very delicate...

T.

thanks! I know I dont have a natural talent, like say, Huga, but I have fun with it.

Yeah you do. Being a professional is overrated anyway, the market is completely saturated and there's always the danger that you end up hating what you used to love, because you start to view it as work.

5/52

12232788735_127b09803a_z.jpg

T.

haha, I have been a tourist a few times in the last year, have often had people volunteering to take photos of everyone together which is great, then I joined in the fun