Farewell Fifa

contsak

Farewell to my beautiful FIFA.

Only 8 weeks old & doomed from the start. We bought you from Mrs. Dodgy Breeder unknown to us that parvo was in your system.

You gave us your all in the first 4 days & how beautiful it was but then the virus set in & on the 6th day your were euthanized.

We should have been together for decades not days, you were the perfect dog for our family.

Our saving grace is that we saved you from the most excruciating death had you been with Mrs. Doggy Breeder.

You are now pain free my beauty.

Keep chasing you shadow & tail.

post-51220-0-11707000-1389075267_thumb.jpg

Edited by contsak

Depending on age, vaccination takeup of the individual pup, etc, Parvo can incubate for as little as 2 to 4 days... that said, the Parvo may not have come from the breeder's premises at all. Also, if the pup had been vaccinated within the previous 7 days or so, the Parvo test can show positive due to the vaccine...

As kelpiecuddles says, you will now need to be very careful if you are thinking of getting another pup within the next 12 months - as Parvo can take at least that long to be gone from your house/yard - and any new pup could become infected as soon as you bring them home... regardless whether they've had their first or second puppy shots. To be safe, if you want a dog earlier than in 12 months time, I'd be looking at something over 12 months old that has had it's full adult booster shot.

What did the breeder say to you when you reported to them that your pup had become ill with Parvo?

T.

The breeder is delusional & blaming us.

We only had the pup for 4 good days & the last 2 were just awful.

The pup never left the house.

On the last day the pup refused to eat & drink. All she did was sleep. Towards the final hours she was foaming at the mouth. The autopsy report showed she had a high temperature & her other vital stats were not good..

Thank you for your advice in regards to our next dog. All I need to do now if find a reputable breeder.

So the breeder is disputing your claim that the pup contracted Parvo at their premises, yes?

As sad as it may be, there is still the very real possibility that the pup contracted Parvo AFTER leaving the breeder's premises. The incubation rate for pups in that age group can be as little as 2 days after exposure. Parvo is also one of the most virulent and hardy diseases known to affect dogs - it takes the most minute traces to be able to infect them too.

I am currently living the aftermath of losing an entire litter of rescue foster pups to Parvo. They contracted the disease sometime shortly before arriving at my place for foster care. I now cannot have a pup anywhere near my place for at least 12 months, and I must be extremely careful if I'm going visiting anyone else's pup as well. Parvo is NOT something to mess about with - you CANNOT bring another young pup onto YOUR premises for at least 12 months now, OK?

I understand your pain and distress - honestly I do - but it may not be the "fault" of the breeder at all. Sometimes these things just happen, and we feel the need to allocate "blame" for it happening. It's most likely no-one's direct fault that this happened to your pup... even though it may hurt like a bitch to admit it.

T.

Sorry for your loss, what a sad and tragic thing to have had happened, especially something that could have been prevented, i.e. vaccination for the source (wherever that was). :hug:

Many years a go we got a dog from the RSPCA who ended up with Parvo - luckily she was 6 months old and the RSPCA covered the medical costs. T - I didn't know that Parvo can stay in the area for so long, that is good information.