Dog Runs

Esky the husky

I'm going to need kennel runs for my new rental.

Wondering if someone can give me a guide to size?

We've been offered a double roofed run about 1.5 x 2.4.

That seems so small though :/

What is a decent size? I've got a sibe and a bullarab- for those who dont know he'll be around the size of a greyhound when mature.

They'll be in there around 8 hours 3 times a week

Also how do you provide shade, do you have something external like a shed, or a kennel in there taking up room?

Pictures would be greatly appreciated

Agree with separate runs - always safer. wWe havea new dog arrivig soon, and are about to buy from these people (http://www.spotonpetenclosures.com.au/), and have friends who are very happy with their run from there. You buy as many strong, welded, high panels as you need, plus a panel with a gate in, and can then make it the shape that suits you. Looks really good.

We made our own from weldmesh panels and poles that sit on concrete. Each run has a 3x3 metre insulated shed which the panels are anchored to. The panels bolt together and are bolted the concrete in a couple of places. One is about 3 meters long by 2 meters long. Basically one dog would go in this run to sleep and on the odd occasion would be shut in there for only a short time. The other one is about 2.5 long and 4 wide it also has a shed where 2 dogs can sleep. I planted a creeper on the fence and this shades the run for the hottest part of the day but unfortunately not the shed. We built these about 30 years ago and they have seen many dogs and puppies and probably should be revamped now but with only 2 dogs left and no more breeding I'm not going to spent the money on doing that as I have other options.

I'm going to need kennel runs for my new rental.

Wondering if someone can give me a guide to size?

We've been offered a double roofed run about 1.5 x 2.4.

That seems so small though :/

That would be fine for one dog for that time. I have a 3 x 4 dog yard with a double kennel in it and fence down the middle. So both sides are roughly 1.5 metres x 3 metres. Dogs are fine in there for close to 12 hrs while I work night shift.

I just brought this 4 days ago delivered this morning.

http://www.factoryfa...=home-lifestyle

It's for my golden girls when they are in season, (I will be getting canvas made for the top).

this was the easiest and cheapest way for me.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3836215600087&set=a.2473965624689.69998.1718888676&type=1&theater&notif_t=like

Edited by Angeluca

I have these ones, Wolff goes into the big one and has room for his kiddie pool bucket and bed, they have half the roof covered and also come with a shade cloth cover. It is really solid and sturdy.

We are deleting them and have a couple left but I have been tossing up whether to bring another home to add onto his but we are in the process of building 2 large dog runs at the new house anyway

kazoo dog run

Thanks they're really awesome and the kind I've been leaning towards.

( Although lets not overstate my building skills, they are ummmm bad)

The run my friend has is about 1/2 shed so it seems like a decent start. They wanted $400 which i think is reasonable... is it?

I think I'll add panels to it as I can afford them if I go with that run.

In Victoria, runs must be a minimum size, as per the size of the dog, by law so you might want to check if there's any requirements like that in SA before you commit to something. For example, for an Amstaff height dog, the enclosure must be minimum of 10m2.

In Victoria the info can be found at the

DEPI - Department of Environment & Primary Industries.

Im not sure what the SA Government body is called.

here in VIC.

for a dog 40-70cm at shoulder height, the run must be a min. of 180cm wide, 180cm high and 10sqm in floor space. 1 third of the area MUST be concreted and the bed area must be raised from the floor.

*edited because I cant spell early in the morning :)

Edited by SLF