Growing Old

rusty&biscuit

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Columbus. He came from Hawkesbury 9 years ago. He was 12 when he arrived. He still has moments of silly with the Shih tzu and my Coolie baby loves him. He's a bit deaf and a bit rickety but he is the dearest little dog.

dc925101-710b-4716-8197-5764faeab090.jpg

Unfortunately our girl has been through a lot in her life, she has had torn cruciates in both back legs, stump pyometra which caused 5 years worth of infections before she was diagnosed, she is on Incurin for incontinence, meds for her arthritis, recently she had a fall off the bed during the night and slipped a disc in her neck, she doesn't concentrate her urine properly (cause unknown) and to top it all off she has PRA so very minimal eyesight left and her hearing isn't great.

But even with all that she has remained a gorgeous happy girl and I hope to see her make at least 15 but she has aged dramatically in the last few months.

Edited to add my husband and I don't regret spending every cent on her, even though she's the oldest in our house I still see the young puppy she once was.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

I'll take a full body shot of the old boy on the weekend. He really is amazing. He thinks the contents of the chook bucket is his and scurries up to the chook pen to share. laugh.gif

Bless him, look forward to seeing more photos of the oldest man on Dol?