Agility Nationals 2014

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo... who's going in 2016? :laugh:

(Just realized my girl will be almost 9 by then, that's scary!)

Havent seen you for ages where have you disappeared to lol

Hahah, yep I did disappear for a while! I was travelling earlier this year, but hoping to actually make it to some trials soon! :)

I really want to do a Nationals! But the only dog I really have to run at one is not mine - and I don't think my mum will let me pinch her dog for a week and take her on a plane ride frown.gif Not enough time to get my own dog in time for the next Nationals, either laugh.gif Will have to sweet talk mum into it and hope that timing works out for me! 2016 is set to be a busy year eek1.gif

Well I had an awesome time, Rusty had fun, got his snooker title and a gamblers quallie. Biscuit got a JDX 1st, ADX 2nd, JDX 2nd, SD 3rd, and GDX 2nd so was so pleased with him! Stuffed him up in the finals by not being quick enough to send him to the right entrance of the tunnel, but was so pleased to get that far in the first place. Met many lovely people, and was awesome seeing all the top competitors run! Was great meeting beautiful Smudge and Reggie and their lovely 'mum' too. This was my first nationals and I'm already looking forward to the next ones in Adelaide!

Anyone have nationals videos to share? Would love to see them! I only got a couple, just in the process of uploading them now :-)

Well I had an awesome time, Rusty had fun, got his snooker title and a gamblers quallie. Biscuit got a JDX 1st, ADX 2nd, JDX 2nd, SD 3rd, and GDX 2nd so was so pleased with him! Stuffed him up in the finals by not being quick enough to send him to the right entrance of the tunnel, but was so pleased to get that far in the first place. Met many lovely people, and was awesome seeing all the top competitors run! Was great meeting beautiful Smudge and Reggie and their lovely 'mum' too. This was my first nationals and I'm already looking forward to the next ones in Adelaide!

Anyone have nationals videos to share? Would love to see them! I only got a couple, just in the process of uploading them now :-)

Congrats! :thumbsup:

There are loads of videos on the Paw Blacks page My link

Awesome thanks DD, just joined :)

I didn't manage to get many videos of Rusty, and unfortunately none of Biscuit :( But here is a couple of Rusty that were filmed for me:

Both DQ's, but had lots of fun with him on these courses!

Edit: Hmm not working, anyone know how to embed youtube videos? Here is one of the links:

Tried the embed code already but they didn't work :( Edited by rusty&biscuit

Aha thank you DD! I'll have a go at posting our ADX run...my body was pointing directly towards the chute instead of the weaves oops, but it was a lot of fun to run.

Ahhhhh...now I know who you are RB :) I'm the old goose at the Nationals who mistook your dog for a choc tri BC because he looked sooooooo much like my Cricket :laugh:

Yeah, we had a great time, didn't do fabulously, but managed a pass in JDX, did some nice (non qualifying) runs and some lower placings.

I really enjoyed watching all the other competitors, and being in the 600 ring, (and next to the 200/300 ring) seeing lots of different breeds I don't normally see.

Saw quite a few people I (think) i recognised as DOLers, but only actually met R&B.

Either timing wasn't right, or I was too shy to barrel up and say hi :o

Didn't get any pics or video despite taking my camera, just didn't happen :( ahh well!

Oh I know who you are sheena! Don't be silly, Rusty doesn't look very Aussie, even a show judge told me he looks more BC :laugh: And yeah they did look sooo alike!! How did you go down there? And thanks for the link to the courses. At training yesterday afternoon our club very kindly set up the JDX300 final course after my request, I just had to master the part I stuffed up and figure out what works best for Biscuit if we ever come across a course like that again :) That's the great thing about dogs, they're all individual and what works awesome for one dog might be different for another, so I am still figuring Biscuit out but I think we make a pretty good team :D

CBD that's great you got a qually!! And some placings! I agree it was great seeing so many different breeds.

Haha I felt pretty stupid reconising a dog off the internet haha but it was lovely meeting you! I brought my camera but was pretty bummed I was too busy to video any other runs, then I was too nervous to have dad filming Biscuit, but when I finally got him to film Bikky it was an awesome run but he forgot to press record :rofl: Haha oh well :o

Both my dogs worked very well & I was proud of both of them. The most membrable run I had with Cricket was in a JDX 500 on the 3rd day. It was a difficult course, so I decided to use it for practice & distanced handled him the whole lot. To my surprise, we did it, all in 18 seconds but he dropped the second last bar which put him into 9th place. If he hadn't dropped the bar, he would have got into the finals for sure :thumbsup: I will always remember that run for as long as I live :laugh: He got DQ'd in Gamblers for exiting the dog walk on the up, just above the colour, which I thought was a little unfair. Bindi tried really hard. She is not a super fast dog & is finding Masters a little hard to make the time. But one run we did, which would have been for her Masters Title, she did a clear round in under time, but for some reason the judge raised his hand & gave her a fault. :cry: All my friends watching couldn't work out what it was for. I am told I could have questioned the judge, but I didn't know that at the time & I probably wouldn't have had the courage to do it anyway. :(