Muzzled Greyhounds Attacked

DakotaJ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A girl whose muzzled greyhound was killed here on the Central Coast in the same circumstance sent me a link to this story this morning. The injuries to the man's knee was the wire on one of the greys muzzles was embedded in his knee such was the ferocity of this attack. After my own greys getting attacked last month this makes me feel physically sick :cry:

A girl whose muzzled greyhound was killed here on the Central Coast in the same circumstance sent me a link to this story this morning. The injuries to the man's knee was the wire on one of the greys muzzles was embedded in his knee such was the ferocity of this attack. After my own greys getting attacked last month this makes me feel physically sick :cry:

you were the first person I thought of when I read this. :(

I won't show the rest of it but this is the bruising that my poor dog sustained, the holes in him people can do without

What happened to the dog who attacked him and the people who owned it?

I fought very hard for a dangerous dog declaration. One dog was PTS and the other remains living at the house and they haven't really learnt their lesson as they still allow it to jump off the back of the ute and walk into the yard off leash.

I also made them pay the vet bills. I was considering suing the owner for losses but I'd had enough at that point.

you were the first person I thought of when I read this. :(

Same here.

:cry:

I won't show the rest of it but this is the bruising that my poor dog sustained, the holes in him people can do without

I fought very hard for a dangerous dog declaration. One dog was PTS and the other remains living at the house and they haven't really learnt their lesson as they still allow it to jump off the back of the ute and walk into the yard off leash.

I also made them pay the vet bills. I was considering suing the owner for losses but I'd had enough at that point.

I remember you posting about this WW :(

Were you successful at getting the DDD? I am about to take civil action against the owner of the dogs that attacked mine to try and get my money back for some of the vet bills she still owes for.

Were you successful at getting the DDD? I am about to take civil action against the owner of the dogs that attacked mine to try and get my money back for some of the vet bills she still owes for.

They opted to euth the dog before a DD was enforced. The ranger informed them that he would in a week be issuing an NOI and they put the dog to sleep before that happened. The other dog wasn't considered to have taken part in the attack, although in my mind it did given I sank the boot into it a couple of times and if it was close enough to kick then it was certainly part of an attack. I didn't have any chance, two dogs on one and a muzzled Grey. I couldn't pick him up as he was too heavy and thrashing about trying to escape, all I could do was kick when I had the chance but I had to decide which of the dogs I was kicking and when and I obviously couldn't do enough.

If I ever encounter that dog again, I will choke it to death. I don't care how many bites I sustain in the process, I will protect my dogs at all costs.

You should have little trouble in getting a court to agree with you but physically getting people to pay up even after a court order can be a long and drawn out process. I fully understand the terror you go through and then the process to try and seek some justice or at least costs covered.

They opted to euth the dog before a DD was enforced. The ranger informed them that he would in a week be issuing an NOI and they put the dog to sleep before that happened. The other dog wasn't considered to have taken part in the attack, although in my mind it did given I sank the boot into it a couple of times and if it was close enough to kick then it was certainly part of an attack. I didn't have any chance, two dogs on one and a muzzled Grey. I couldn't pick him up as he was too heavy and thrashing about trying to escape, all I could do was kick when I had the chance but I had to decide which of the dogs I was kicking and when and I obviously couldn't do enough.

If I ever encounter that dog again, I will choke it to death. I don't care how many bites I sustain in the process, I will protect my dogs at all costs.

You should have little trouble in getting a court to agree with you but physically getting people to pay up even after a court order can be a long and drawn out process. I fully understand the terror you go through and then the process to try and seek some justice or at least costs covered.

Thank you. Yes I know what you mean about protecting at all costs, if I could legally carry a pocket knife I would and I would not hesitate to use it. I will never get the sound of my dogs screaming in sheer terror out of my head...ever.

Jesus :( Yet another horrific attack on innocent, helpless, MUZZLED Grey's out on a morning stroll. Why can't people contain their own dogs securely on their own property????? Especially when they are obviously dog aggressive. How many times does this have to happen to innocent citizens out walking their dogs before something is done to make owners bloody accountable. So unfair & cruel on so many levels.

Doesn't surprise me one bit HazyWal that you relive your personal terror with you lovely Greys. I wouldn't hesitate to use a knife either if my dogs were being brutalized by a vicious, stray dog. Shame it is illegal really in this sort of situation.

Jesus :( Yet another horrific attack on innocent, helpless, MUZZLED Grey's out on a morning stroll. Why can't people contain their own dogs securely on their own property????? Especially when they are obviously dog aggressive. How many times does this have to happen to innocent citizens out walking their dogs before something is done to make owners bloody accountable. So unfair & cruel on so many levels.

Doesn't surprise me one bit HazyWal that you relive your personal terror with you lovely Greys. I wouldn't hesitate to use a knife either if my dogs were being brutalized by a vicious, stray dog. Shame it is illegal really in this sort of situation.

It's a shame that pepper spray is illegal in this country.

And it's - of course - so ironic that greyhounds, the gentlest of breeds, are forced to be muzzled.

Edited by Mum to Emma

It's not the muzzling of greyhounds I have a problem with it's the fact that so many bloody dogs are roaming the streets. I could go through the process of getting my two greencollared but besides the fact I can't afford it Maddie wouldn't pass, her prey drive is insanely high and when you are dealing with the fastest dog on the planet I will take no chances, for her own safety first and foremost. Having said that when she was attacked muzzle or not she had no chance, yes she could seriously hurt a small dog if it was attacking her but with the breed of dogs that attacked her she wouldn't have a hope. Councils need to start fining people, it's a joke and I don't care what breed they are obey the damn law!