Help! My Neighbour's Dog Killed My Husky :(

HuskyDrake

post-52054-0-31089700-1400462417_thumb.jpg

On 14/05/2014 afternoon, my neighbour's dog jumped over the fence into my garden and killed my beloved dog.

My dog is a Siberian Husky and my neighbour's dog is a Stafford Shire Bull Terrier

We live in NSW.

The owner of the bull dog rent the house a week ago. They brought the dog in at the second day. Before that, the owner told me that they will bring a dog in, so I asked the lady: is this possible your dog could jump over the fence? As our fence just 1.5meter high. She said: NO!

The first time my husband and I saw this bull dog is it tried to jump over our fence on Sunday morning (10/05/2014), then we spoke to the lady about our concern because her dog can jump very high and we can see its whole head over the fence from our side, but at that time this dog was wearing a neck cone which I thought is the reason why this dog can not jump over the fence at that day.

The lady said she has to keep this dog here because her son has two dogs, but THIS BULL DOG NEARLY KILLED ANOTHER DOG, so they have to separate them. She also said she has to give desex to this bull dog and take it to do the lesson to reduce its aggressive behaviour. We did say nothing at that time because we did not know the landlord do NOT allow them to have any dog in this property. Also I think the dog hasn't jumped over the fence just because it's neck cone which prevent it.

Then on 15/05/2014, her dog somehow got rid of its neck cone and jumped over into my garden and killed my dog.

I was home alone and I heard strange noise in my garden. Then I came out saw her bull dog was attacking my husky!

I called the landlord tried to contact the owner of bull dog as they were not home, but the landlord told me: THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED HAVE ANY DOG THERE.

She told me to call the police.

I did and my two neighbours coming to help me to stop the bull dog biting my husky, then the police coming, but it is still too late to save my husky.

We spoke to the real estate who is in charge of the house about the tenant broke the lease agreement to have dog here, they said they are just dogs. My husband asked them what if there is no dog here is someone's kids here or my wife here, who may be attacked by the dog as well, the property manager said: you think too far away!

Now I feel very angry and sad about the whole thing because the bull dog's owner DID NOT take any responsibility to prevent this thing happen!

Firstly, the are not allowed have dog in this property according to the lease agreement, but they did.

Secondly, they already know their bull dog is a very dangerous dog because the bull dog nearly killed another dog before. but they did nothing to prevent the tragedy happened

If they can obey the rule and give enough attention to their dangerous dog, my husky would not died!

It is not an accident, it will happen eventually once the dog has no neck cone.

It is not fair to my dog and my family!

I have no any sense of safety to live with these kind of people.

The bull dog, I do not know why, died as well.

Edited by HuskyDrake

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sad to hear about this. People should not keep dogs like this.

Even though the dog next door has died (perhaps from injuries in the fight?) report it to the council, particularly that the dog jumped the fence and killed your dog.

Send the people next door a bill for the husky. I'd find out how much a husky pup is, and charge them that. If they don't pay, take them to the small claims court for the money. Take the report the police should have made at the time with you. Get the landlord to write a statement about what happened to your dog.

So sorry for you, and your poor dog.

So sad to hear about this. People should not keep dogs like this.

Even though the dog next door has died (perhaps from injuries in the fight?) report it to the council, particularly that the dog jumped the fence and killed your dog.

Send the people next door a bill for the husky. I'd find out how much a husky pup is, and charge them that. If they don't pay, take them to the small claims court for the money. Take the report the police should have made at the time with you. Get the landlord to write a statement about what happened to your dog.

So sorry for you, and your poor dog.

Thanks for your information.

What we did since now was to report this to police and the police said there is no much they can do, but the police are really nice to help me .

we reported to the council but the council said because their bull died already, so there is no much they can do either, just issue around $400 fine.

What we did since now was to report this to police and the police said there is no much they can do, but the police are really nice to help me .

we reported to the council but the council said because their bull died already, so there is no much they can do either, just issue around $400 fine.

I'm sorry your poor dog was killed in such a horrific way. Cant the council charge them for having a dangerous dog even though it's now dead?

I'm sorry your poor dog was killed in such a horrific way. Cant the council charge them for having a dangerous dog even though it's now dead?

It very depends on whether this dog has been identified as a dangerous dog, as we do not think they report it last time.

We are waiting the city council to investigate it.

I think their dog died because the dog fight as you know I think my dog want to protect himself.

Except money, there is no much we can do towards them.

We asked the real estate to let them move to another place as they did not follow the lease agreement, as it is very hard to see them everyday after this thing.

But it is nearly impossible.

As I said the real estate said they are just dogs.

So Sorry your dog died in such a way :(

Thanks

Especially this husky was abandoned by its ex-owner.

We just want to give him a new sweet home.

But just 1.5 years, he is gone.

So sad.

but thank you anyway.

I'm very sorry about what happened to your dog, you must be devastated :(

with regards to your neighbours, even though the lease said no dogs it is very difficult to evict them because of it unless the dog was damaging the property but as they no longer have the dog the landlords have no cause to evict them. Focus on getting compensation from the dog owner if that's what you want and if they cause any more issues report these to the real estate in hopes that they don't renew the lease after it expires

I'm very sorry about what happened to your dog, you must be devastated :(

with regards to your neighbours, even though the lease said no dogs it is very difficult to evict them because of it unless the dog was damaging the property but as they no longer have the dog the landlords have no cause to evict them. Focus on getting compensation from the dog owner if that's what you want and if they cause any more issues report these to the real estate in hopes that they don't renew the lease after it expires

Thanks, we will try our best to claim more compensation from them.

What a tragic tragic event :cry::cry: . My deepest sympathies, HuskyDrake.

When will the legal system step up to the plate? There are so many threads recently about people such as HuskyDrake just being abandoned because those who should will not do their duty by their communities.

My heart breaks for you.

Someone else will recall it, but there is a legal company focussing on animal issues; perhaps they may be able to help. It is just too horrible.

There is another organisation called Voiceless which doesn't deal in cases such as this, but they may be able to advise you how to seek legal assistance.

What a tragic tragic event :cry::cry: . My deepest sympathies, HuskyDrake.

When will the legal system step up to the plate? There are so many threads recently about people such as HuskyDrake just being abandoned because those who should will not do their duty by their communities.

My heart breaks for you.

Someone else will recall it, but there is a legal company focussing on animal issues; perhaps they may be able to help. It is just too horrible.

There is another organisation called Voiceless which doesn't deal in cases such as this, but they may be able to advise you how to seek legal assistance.

Thanks

I will try to contact them see what they can do

I am so very sorry this has happened to you and your beautiful boy :cry:

It's bad enough walking the streets with morons and their off leash dogs but when they're not even safe in their own yard it's just unacceptable.

Guest donatella

This is so sad and so very close to home, my neighbours dog has been scaling the fence into my yard lately!!!

Your husky was beautiful what a tragedy i am so so so sorry for your loss x

Ever so sorry to hear you lost your precious Husky in such a vicious way :cry:

He was set upon in his own yard. This scenario is just so very sad for all concerned & should never happen if people just obeyed the rules.

RIP lovely Husky :rainbowbridge:

As a Husky owner I cannot begin to understand how you feel. Such a terrible incident that the bull owners should have seen coming. This makes me so sad to read and angry at your neighbours.

I am very sorry for your loss. :( Am I reading correctly that your dog was continuing to be attacked while you called the landlord and police? Were the neighbours not at home while the attack was occurring?

It is very irresponsible behaviour on their part with tragic results when they knew the dog was not safe to have in an unsecure yard. As the attacking dog is also dead I don't know what further action can be taken.

I am very sorry for your loss. :( Am I reading correctly that your dog was continuing to be attacked while you called the landlord and police? Were the neighbours not at home while the attack was occurring?

It is very irresponsible behaviour on their part with tragic results when they knew the dog was not safe to have in an unsecure yard. As the attacking dog is also dead I don't know what further action can be taken.

Rosette, I cannot and will never accept the sentiments in your last sentence. There is so much than can and should be done.

1. The neighbours charged with not containing their dog.

2. The neighbours charged with breaking the terms of their lease.

3. The council and police at least expressing their condolences to the HuskyDrake family and promising to do their utmost so ensure no other people and their beloved pets suffer in this horrendous way.

4. The council undertaking to abide by the laws that already exist.

And probably more that I can't think of.

Your sort of comment enables those who should be doing something to continue to do nothing.

Ever so sorry to hear you lost your precious Husky in such a vicious way :cry:

He was set upon in his own yard. This scenario is just so very sad for all concerned & should never happen if people just obeyed the rules.

RIP lovely Husky :rainbowbridge:

Yes, it is quite difficult for my husband and I.

Some people suggested us to move to another house, but it is not an easy thing because we just purchased this place for 1.5 years and still have much loan need to pay off.

Thanks for your words.