Augustine Approved

Airedaler

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the thing on his new product about how cancer came about because JFK was having scientists grow polio vaccine on monkey kidneys and a sexually transmitted monkey diseases got loose and that's why we have cancer?

In the 1950's and 1960's the Eisenhower and JFK administrations gave the go ahead to the Polio vaccines. These vaccines were grown on monkey kidneys. Indeliberately the two former presidents were responsible for infecting 198 million Americans with sexually transmittable monkey viruses. These viruses are linked to birth defects, loss of vision and are known for their ability to cause cancerous responses.

And what triggers the cancer? Getting treatment for cancer- cancer that you didn't have until it was triggered by a cancer treatment, which you were getting to treat the cancer you got from a cancer treatment that gave you cancer while you were being treated for cancer you got from cancer treatment, obviously :coffee:

It is said that these viruses can be activated by chemo and radiation. So here’s my theory… a lady goes in for “therapy” for breast cancer. 10-12 months later she has throat and/or brain cancers. Coincidence?

There's a heap more frothing crazy to be found on that page here.. http://store.augustineapproved.com/faith-for-dogs-and-cats

Personally I think the improvement shown in dogs is because they are moving from a commercial diet to more of a BARF diet.

I was a big fan of BARF before the patties came along.

If you haven't read the 'Give Your Dog a Bone' book by Billinghurst I do suggest doing so.

Having lost someone to lung cancer recently after they had lived the most natural and healthful life possible I'm quite horrified to read that webpage. It smacks of crazy. I doubt I would have bought their superboost if I had read that beforehand.

However I also have a itch free dog sleeping contentedly at my feet after two weeks on the AA diet. Feeling conflicted! :confused:

Edited by Polgara's Shadow

Having lost someone to lung cancer recently after they had lived the most natural and healthful life possible I'm quite horrified to read that webpage. It smacks of crazy. I doubt I would have bought their superboost if I had read that beforehand.

However I also have a itch free dog sleeping contentedly at my feet after two weeks on the AA diet. Feeling conflicted! :confused:

Maybe maintain the raw part of the diet (if I understand it correctly) and ditch the supplement for a few weeks.

Maybe maintain the raw part of the diet (if I understand it correctly) and ditch the supplement for a few weeks.

With some oil added :)

My feeling is that the supplement (combined with a more natural/raw diet) might help support the immune system and assist with skin issues, digestive problems etc...

In view of the sheer wackiness of the opinions exposed on the AA site, I'd be very reluctant to support that brand; it might be worth looking at more legit supplements if you feel you need them? I can vouch for Vets All Natural health booster and skin supplements, and at least we know they've been designed by a professional who knows what he is talking about.

All I can say is that I've done this - not by intention, but because I'd forgotten to re-order and had none to include with the meat/veggie (raw) component. Stools very swiftly returned to sloppy tar and things slipped backwards. But by all means try it if you wish to - sometimes there's only one way to find out. Must admit, I've stuck with what works as I just so don't want to go back to how things were and have to work through to get back on top of it (as "on top" as is possible) again.

I had tried the VAN supplement earlier (back way when). In general, I like and respect VAN products - fed them for my previous girl and she did VERY well on them. But the supplements didn't do anything to improve my current boy's symptoms, including sloppy stools and skin outbreaks. But every dog is different and maybe worth trying if you haven't before.

Edited by Erny

Personally I think the improvement shown in dogs is because they are moving from a commercial diet to more of a BARF diet.

If you haven't read the 'Give Your Dog a Bone' book by Billinghurst I do suggest doing so.

Did the patties cause you not to be such a big fan of BARF? Or is it that you feed the patties now instead of making up a BARF mix?

I made up the Billinghurst BARF mix for many years. After I lost my Rottweiler to cancer I started feeding Big Dog BARF patties to my two Cavaliers. They've been fed raw all their lives. They're 9 and 10y and they have no health problems, though my 9yo can only eat low fat foods as she's prone to Pancreatits attacks. I take them to the vet every 12-18 months for a health check.

Perhaps for some, JulesP - but in my instance, I switched to raw trying both VAN and BARF (at separate times) and unfortunately, whilst my boy did improve some, it didn't last and he suddenly imploded again with symptoms. VAN was the longest running diet without issues though (around 7 months or so), before AA.

Snake Oil!!

And I wonder how someone who says

"These vaccines were grown on monkey kidneys. Indeliberately the two former presidents were responsible for infecting 198 million Americans with sexually transmittable monkey viruses"

and uses a non-word such as "indeliberately", can expect to be taken seriously.

Conversely, there are a couple of not-main-stream-not-medical cancer treatments which do seem to have effected cures. Benadryl and Tagamet has a huge following in US - I have two friends who have used a non-medical treatment and found cures for melanomas and stomach cancer.

CavNrott - there is quite a bit of evidence that raw food strengthens the connective tissue of the heart, thus reducing the incidence of MVD or delaying the onset in Cavaliers (Glickmann, Purdue), so keep on with the raw!!

Did the patties cause you not to be such a big fan of BARF? Or is it that you feed the patties now instead of making up a BARF mix?

I made up the Billinghurst BARF mix for many years. After I lost my Rottweiler to cancer I started feeding Big Dog BARF patties to my two Cavaliers. They've been fed raw all their lives. They're 9 and 10y and they have no health problems, though my 9yo can only eat low fat foods as she's prone to Pancreatits attacks. I take them to the vet every 12-18 months for a health check.

Yeah the patties made me not be such a fan of BARF. I don't think they align with the theories in the book. I'm not saying there is anything particularly wrong with the patties as food but I don't think they align with the original BARF principles. And I liked the original principles.

All I can say is that I've done this - not by intention, but because I'd forgotten to re-order and had none to include with the meat/veggie (raw) component. Stools very swiftly returned to sloppy tar and things slipped backwards. But by all means try it if you wish to - sometimes there's only one way to find out. Must admit, I've stuck with what works as I just so don't want to go back to how things were and have to work through to get back on top of it (as "on top" as is possible) again.

I had tried the VAN supplement earlier (back way when). In general, I like and respect VAN products - fed them for my previous girl and she did VERY well on them. But the supplements didn't do anything to improve my current boy's symptoms, including sloppy stools and skin outbreaks. But every dog is different and maybe worth trying if you haven't before.

I'd just bought the 2.2 kg bag so we'll be feeding AA for while yet. I've fed VAN complete mix before with the skin formula and omega blend - he was on that before switching to AA. I haven't tried to just add VAN skin support and omega blend to a grain free diet. I've still got the 2.2kg bag of AA so I'll continue with plan A and feed that through for a full six weeks and then do the allergy & thyroid tests. We are only two weeks in to trialling the AA so anything could still happen with Vulcan.

I am however dissapointed to find the owner of the product is publically spouting (what I beleive to be) nonsense and after loosing someone to cancer recently it has really hit a nerve.

Edited by Polgara's Shadow

I'd just bought the 2.2 kg bag so we'll be feeding AA for while yet. I've fed VAN complete mix before with the skin formula and omega blend - he was on that before switching to AA. I haven't tried to just add VAN skin support and omega blend to a grain free diet. I've still got the 2.2kg bag of AA so I'll continue with plan A and feed that through for a full six weeks and then do the allergy & thyroid tests. We are only two weeks in to trialling the AA so anything could still happen with Vulcan.

I am however dissapointed to find the owner of the product is publically spouting (what I beleive to be) nonsense and after loosing someone to cancer recently it has really hit a nerve.

Did someone tell you to go and this diet and then do the testing? Usually you do testing whilst eating your normal foods. Ie you have to be eating gluten when you get tested for gluten intolerance.

Or do you mean you are going to add foods back in after the 6 weeks?

If your dog is having loose, dark, sticky stools on raw, it's going to be one of two things- too much liver or not enough bone. If adjusting the diet doesn't work, it's possibly bleeding in the upper GI tract and should be seen by a vet. In my years of feeding raw, with all the different things I've tried (including supplements), I've never seen any herbal/food-based supplement that affected stools in any obvious way.

I haven't read this right through but just have to add that one of my dogs with an environmental allergy has stopped biting her feet and scratching her tummy since being on the AA Super Boost for just over a week. Fingers crossed :crossfingers: