I'm The Luckiest/unluckiest Person I Know

mfch

I just have to tell SOMEONE what happened this morning and I feel like if I actually know the people I tell I will be ostracised, maybe sent to a leper colony.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not squeamish- I have horses and have dealt with placentas, worms, proud flesh, pus, god know's what else and am pretty fine with anything like that. Doesn't bother me. I've had a rescue cat who ripped the lining of her stomach open and had insides sticking out ... didn't bother me. I had a very tragic thing earlier this year with my heart dog (now deceased) where a pressure sore on her broken leg meant I could see her bone and the plate in her leg. Tragic and upsetting but again, didn't bother me on a squeamish level. I've always had poodles and one of my poodles if she got to six weeks from a clip would poo and get poo all over her bum which I had to wash off. Again, not bothered.

But my puppy, fourteen weeks old and only home for six weeks, he has the title of the grossest animal I have ever known in 17 years of dog ownership.

He's at the age where he stuffs everything in his mouth. Mostly I get things off him easily and we have most things out of his reach (he's a tall standard poodle puppy so that's getting a bit trickier) anyway, I have no recollection of him grabbing a stocking/sock thing but he must have whilst I was putting out the washing, and more than that ... he hasn't chewed it or run away with it ... he's EATEN IT.

How I know this is because this morning at 7.30 while i was getting dressed he came in from outside where he had been doing his business and gobbling his chicken wing and barked at me and sat down. I knew immediately it was something bum related, checked him, and this very long bit of poo was hanging down .... grabbed him,put him in the laundry tub and pulled a STOCKING out of his BUM. Whole and still recognisable as what it was.

I am the luckiest- because OMG that could have KILLED him!!! And it just came out whole!!!

And the unluckiest because I spent my morning pulling a poo covered stocking out of my puppy's bum and bathing him and now I'm traumatised and running late.

BLEUGH.

Just had to share :( :(

Ewww! :laugh:

Reminds me of a time when my ex had to pull a poop covered 'rope' of stuffed animal stuffing out of a very sheepish looking Labrador puppy who was dragging it around the backyard looking very ashamed.

I did know someone once who pulled a tea towel from their dogs bum. It was a Neo though :D

Worst I've had, is a poo covered elastic band, that was bad enough :laugh:

Ok, had to edit as it sounded like I was talking about myself :laugh: just to clarify, I was talking about Jenna's bum :D

Edited by teekay

My brother dubbed his dog rag on a roll. If it was cloth and she could she would eat it, then try and poo it, come running throwing herself at him. He would know what it meant and once again be pulling cloth out if her bum.

How it never killed her I don't know and how she managed to sneak and eat do much of it and why, I will never know. But yes totally gross!

I hope you day improves vastly!

Edited by OSoSwift

It's an almost daily occurrence around here... Pickles the Camp Dog has a thing for anything material, wood, paper/cardboard, long stringy grass, etc...

You can take the dog out of the camp, but not necessarily take the camp out of the dog... *grin*

T.

OMG VizslaMomma YOU WIN.

Felix is not having a good week. He got horrific diarreah (can never spell that word) on Saturday from sneaking into the pantry and eating liver treats (dog treats now moved from bottom shelf) and now this. He was very unimpressed by the early morning bath too.

This is the monsterling yesterday ...

post-51764-0-45110900-1401235843_thumb.jpg

Gross is bacon rind dangling from the bum and the other garbage guts dog trying to 'help' with its removal. The human was quite prepared to do the surgery.

:rofl: :rofl:

:eek: noooooo that is so awful! LOL!

Gross is bacon rind dangling from the bum and the other garbage guts dog trying to 'help' with its removal. The human was quite prepared to do the surgery.

mfch I'm glad your pup is ok!

A work colleague came home to find something hanging from her rotties bum so called the husband to rush home and pull out an in tact footy sock. Hubby was keen on wash and reuse but wife said no.

One of my dogs does embarrassing stuff and when she was a pup found a used tampon and was having a suck fest on it in the hallway. Owner of the item was mortified (it wasn't mine).

Bacon Rind for Breakfast still wins!

Harper thinks that Zeddy's stools are the yummiest things on the planet... and the fresher the better... it's common to see poor Zeddy trying to poop and Harper gobbling it as it's coming out... YUCK!

T.

Stan would do that...meals on wheels.

My mum and dad proudly tell of our first family dog who did the same - when they were still dating. Didn't put mum off.

And I remember going to a boxing day party at a friends place. Another friend had brought her rather fat waddly border collie. I thought that was brave of her - since my dog would be hoovering big time at parties with lots of food.

Seems the BC had been hoovering the day before - Christmas munchies - because on boxing day - at mutual friend's party - the BC passes a long strip of glad wrap - which has to be helped out. YUUUUKKKKY.

So glad my dog stayed home for Christmas and boxing day...

I was looking after my friends dogs a few years ago and one of them was acting strange and kept scooting along the floor. She had a stick in her bum about 30cm long. The look she gave me when I pulled it out was pure relief/I love you. :laugh:

Harper thinks that Zeddy's stools are the yummiest things on the planet... and the fresher the better... it's common to see poor Zeddy trying to poop and Harper gobbling it as it's coming out... YUCK!

T.

Are our dogs twins?

:rofl:

T.

Are our dogs twins?

:rofl:

I call it payback to Zeddy for the fact that she used to do the same thing to my old Rottie girl... *grin*

T.