Sa Nurse Facing Deregistration Over Bestiality Charges...

cannibalgoldfish

I also found this on the Courier Mail website

However, Judge Muecke said there was no way to know for certain if it was a "victimless crime".

"I don't quite know how one trains a dog to (perform sexual acts) with a woman but there is other evidence before me that indicates one (of the dogs) at least seemed to know what to do," Judge Muecke said.

Alexandra Wright, for Tina Reichelt, said her client would not have participated in the activity if she thought the offending would harm the animals.

She said the offending was an "aberration" and asked for the charge against Reichelt to be dismissed without conviction as she had already suffered because of her actions.

"The humiliation that she now endures, the loss of her ability to work or even volunteer in her chosen field, the loss of her family relationships and the social shunning are, of themselves, very significant punishments and indeed very significant deterrents," she said.

The court heard the acts were recorded.

The matter will be heard again in April.

Hmmm. Victimless crime. :eek::confused: Apparently animals are not able to be victimised.... which we all know they are. I think the judge has gotten his statements very wrong. IMO, the dogs are the only innocent party in this conundrum.

Yet this scum gets away without being locked up.

Maybe the judge didn't know how he should sentence this trio but the animal loving inmates in most prisons would be pretty adept at making sure justice was seen to be done.

I didn't see the original story. Gak! :vomit:

"sexual curiosity" ?????????? There is curious, and there is wrong.

Yeah I agree. That's no defence. That wouldn't hold for child abuse or sexual assault in humans...why should it for dogs?

I wish a few dogs could comment on this. I suspect that a lot of dogs would say human sexual curiousity is minor compared to many of the things they commonly suffer -- like a lifetime of solitary confinement in a back yard with little or no stimulation.

Comments equivalent to:

The Nursing and Midwifery Board is arguing Modystack's conduct was "illegal and repugnant" and "inconsistent with being of good character and being a fit and proper person to hold a registration in the nursing profession".

were widely made when people were tried for homosexuality and forced into terrible punishments/treatments.

I worked with a vet who used finger stimulation on vaginal AI treatments, attempting to mimic the sensation of the dog's penis. She got great results, and the bitch was enthusiastic. You could call this beastiality, especially if she got a buzz out of doing it (for me this was don't ask, don't tell). But it worked and from the dog's perspective it wasn't the least bit cruel.

Human and canine attitudes to sex are SO different. I find it laughable that puritanical judgements are uncritically applied.

Mind you, I'm not condoning pimping dogs. Just saying, it would be good to see it from the dog's perspective before throwing the book at the offender. And it would be good to pay more attention to commonplace routine cruelties of confinement without social interaction or stimulation.

Edited by sandgrubber

I actually get what you are saying Sandgrubber. Some male dogs are pretty happy to hump anything. That's why we have threads on Dol abut dogs humping pillows or legs or other dogs of the same sex. I guess it comes down to people. We as humans know beastiality is wrong, but the animals involved don't. (edit, I don't actually know. :o I have no idea how the whole thing works and I don't want to..) They are probably just going with instincts/stimulation?

There are mentally disabled people who might do things that are not ok and they enjoy it, but they do not have the same social awareness that others may have. It doesn't make it ok.

I really suck at explainig.... :o

Dogs aren't mentally disabled people btw.. I really do suck at trying to explain stuff....

Edited by cannibalgoldfish

Occasionally I read a post on here that leaves me aghast :vomit:

Your acceptance of and tolerance for those involved in bestiality and your pathetic excuses for the nurse involved win the jackpot Sandgrubber.

If any perverted bastard raped my female dog it would be a very long time before his member would function well enough to rape anything if he was unlucky enough for a few unsavoury friends of mine to catch up with him.

eta: some people disgust me but I've never met a dog who disgusts me, and FFS it's bestiality, not beastiality. If you're going to condone it for krisakes learn how to spell it.

Edited by cavNrott

I wish a few dogs could comment on this. I suspect that a lot of dogs would say human sexual curiousity is minor compared to many of the things they commonly suffer -- like a lifetime of solitary confinement in a back yard with little or no stimulation.

Sexual curiousity is one thing. You can be curious and never actually act upon said curiousity. I am curious about a lot of things but I don't go out of my way to explore them if they are illegal or blatantly (or minorly for that matter) unethical. I think that is where your defence/argument/whatever it is falls down.

Bottom line: someone with a highly responsible job in a medical field has shown that they have one more than one occasion made a serious error of judgement. Subsequently one must ask the question, how many other times has she made errors of judgement?

I agree with your point that there are other things that we humans do to pets ie. deprivation of liberties such as environmental enrichment, interaction, correct feeding, correct healthcare. Solitary confinement is indeed very mentally damaging to a dog/dogs and there are certain breeds that respond to such isolation in much the same way they would to physical violence.

Comments equivalent to:

The Nursing and Midwifery Board is arguing Modystack's conduct was "illegal and repugnant" and "inconsistent with being of good character and being a fit and proper person to hold a registration in the nursing profession".

were widely made when people were tried for homosexuality and forced into terrible punishments/treatments.

Yes, quite some years ago methinks. There is a massive difference between a human being attracted to a human of the same gender and a woman who on more than one occasion pimped out her dogs AND FILMED IT holding a position of responsibility.

I worked with a vet who used finger stimulation on vaginal AI treatments, attempting to mimic the sensation of the dog's penis. She got great results, and the bitch was enthusiastic. You could call this beastiality, especially if she got a buzz out of doing it (for me this was don't ask, don't tell). But it worked and from the dog's perspective it wasn't the least bit cruel.

Again. You draw a very long bow. To compare a Vet performing a common AI stimulation practise (for an expensive and often unsuccessful venture at the best of times) to someone pimping their dogs out is ill-informed. To suggest it is the same as bestiality is ridiculous, whether or not the bitch found it satisfying is irrelevant.

The other people in question travelled from Clare Valley to Ovingham. That's at least 135km travelled (one way) to have sex with a dog being pimped out by a person with a highly responsible job. This nurse not only pimped HER dogs out, but filmed it. I'm sorry but there is no way in the world that is even close to the same as a Vet performing a common AI process. I actually find that assertion extremely offensive. :mad

Human and canine attitudes to sex are SO different. I find it laughable that puritanical judgements are uncritically applied.

Mind you, I'm not condoning pimping dogs. Just saying, it would be good to see it from the dog's perspective before throwing the book at the offender. And it would be good to pay more attention to commonplace routine cruelties of confinement without social interaction or stimulation.

Well perhaps when we learn to translate canine to human language we might just be surprised. Until such time as that happens, I will remain fervently against such abhorrent behaviour and any who sympathise or condone it.

Also, there are other threads on this forum that address other forms of cruelty to animals.

I've seen/read about dogs who've suffered sexual abuse and died from their injuries.

I've known a rescue group in Sydney who rescued a female dog that had suffered years of sexual abuse. She was a very, very damaged little dog - physically and mentally. She's not the only case I've heard of in Sydney rescue either.

I don't find it remotely acceptable in any shape or form and think it extremely perverse. The most unacceptable part of it to me is that it is cruelty. It doesn't leave the animals undamaged.

Humans have so much to answer for, as a race we perpetuate such evil in this world.

Your acceptance of and tolerance for those involved in bestiality and your pathetic excuses for the nurse involved win the jackpot Sandgrubber.

If any perverted bastard raped my female dog it would be a very long time before his member would function well enough to rape anything if he was unlucky enough for a few unsavoury friends of mine to catch up with him.

eta: some people disgust me but I've never met a dog who disgusts me, and FFS it's bestiality, not beastiality. If you're going to condone it for krisakes learn how to spell it.

Agree. Jesus...

Agree. Jesus...

yeh

wow .. DOL .. wow

The day a dog can speak up then I'll ask them about their opinion on that one.

Taking advantage of basic animal instinct and exploiting it for kicks because you can, is exactly why people aren't supposed to molest animals.