• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do airlines fly dangerous dogs?

Not if they know.

If a dog acts up badly at the Airport, it can also be denied loading onto the flight.

That is clearly written in their conditions.

Interesting....

I can vouch for this.

The other option is to have a wooden guard dog crate hired for a few hundred dollars, and even then if the airline isn’t comfortable moving them, they simply won’t.

What’s the bet they start fundraising next?

I believe Hugo was declared a menacing dog, not a dangerous dog. The two terms are not interchangable.

Good point, Ams.

So does the menacing order still stick interstate? Genuine question I have no idea :/

It should... if the dog is on a national chip database, it woukd be marked as menacing on that - but if they never try to register him, who'd know?

T.

Do airlines fly dangerous dogs?

Not if they know.

If a dog acts up badly at the Airport, it can also be denied loading onto the flight.

That is clearly written in their conditions.

Interesting....

QANTAS have this...

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/travelling-with-pets/global/en#exceptions

Virgin also have similar rulings.

Edited by VizslaMomma

I believe Hugo was declared a menacing dog, not a dangerous dog. The two terms are not interchangable.

Good point, Ams.

So does the menacing order still stick interstate? Genuine question I have no idea :/

It should... if the dog is on a national chip database, it woukd be marked as menacing on that - but if they never try to register him, who'd know?

T.

Ah ok thanks T.

Good point, Ams.

Not automatically, no.

There were amendments to the Act in Nov 13 that now allows Councils to declare dogs menacing or dangerous based on them having an aligning declaration interstate, so if a Council finds out that he was Menacing in Qld they have the option to declare him menacing in NSW. You couldn't do that before those amendments.

The only relevant registry in NSW is the NSW Companion Animals Registry. If they identify and register him on this then there's no reason for a Council officer to run his chip through one of the private databases.

Edited by melzawelza

Good point, Ams.

I haven't a clue either, HW. What state did Hugo go to?

Whoops! Just saw your reply, Mel.

Edited by mita

Good point, Ams.

I haven't a clue either, HW. What state did Hugo go to?

Whoops! Just saw your reply, Mel.

I don't know what state, they are being very secret squirrel about where he is going. All they said was "over the border".

Thanks Melz for the explanation.

Ugh annoying people

Yes, vexacious.

I'll be blunt.

The naffin' energy going into this dog & rehousing might mean another deserving dog whose family played by the rules is left in grave need of help.

Sorry but it's bugged me.

People are blinkered.

:mad

Yep. And I also considered pointing out to all the people complaining on the page about evil council killing dogs that Hugo's owners, by allowing him to be out so many times then seized, held for so long and going through all the fighting had undoubtedly caused the death of other dogs in the pound because Hugo was taking up a kennel all that time and a large amount of time and money went into their one case.

I didn't bother saying it that as I figured I'd just be banging my head against a wall.

Yep. And I also considered pointing out to all the people complaining on the page about evil council killing dogs that Hugo's owners, by allowing him to be out so many times then seized, held for so long and going through all the fighting had undoubtedly caused the death of other dogs in the pound because Hugo was taking up a kennel all that time and a large amount of time and money went into their one case.

I didn't bother saying it that as I figured I'd just be banging my head against a wall.

In a nutshell.

:cry: