Save Hugo Campaign

Little Gifts

and then there's this bizarre comment by Hugo's owner:

you would be interested in something I found that is assured you will never be harrassed by council again…or anybody else for that matter…contact Darren Thomson and tell him I said you can have the information.

Darren Thomson posted this the other day.

You can STOP THIS BY LAW. give me a call & l will send you the PAPPER WORK BY THE COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA CONSTITIION LAW. Call me Darren on ...

Send me the PAPPER work dude!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you would be interested in something I found that is assured you will never be harrassed by council again…or anybody else for that matter…contact Darren Thomson and tell him I said you can have the information.

You can STOP THIS BY LAW. give me a call & l will send you the PAPPER WORK BY THE COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA CONSTITIION LAW. Call me Darren on ...

oh my goodness!

Well sign me up for some papper work too!

oh my goodness!

Well sign me up for some papper work too!

Am I the only one who read Darren's comment like a proclamation? As in.. "By the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Law, I shall send you that papper work, Lord Darren!"

Like attracts like, I guess.

Am I the only one who read Darren's comment like a proclamation? As in.. "By the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Law, I shall send you that papper work, Lord Darren!"

Like attracts like, I guess.

Think the same.

If this is a fact, then why have others never made it public before this?

TBF< I think Darren sounds like an attention seeker.

:(

I'll go out on a limb here and say Darren, and the owner of Hugo are certified nutjobs...at least they have the papper work to back it up though :p

Oh and it's "constitiion" Maddy! When you are making a grand statement in capslocks Darren just a little tip...google is your friend :)

Edited by HazyWal

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/08/29/15/00/death-row-dog-hugo-has-an-owner-problem

I agree...

... and the latest is that the Mayor of Cairns doesn't want Hugo moved there.. *sigh*

This epic drama just gets more convoluted by the minute...

T.

I'm going to make some assumptions here, based on Tasmanian law, so bear with me..

Down here, you need council permission from both the previous and the new council to sell or give away a declared dog. Does the same not apply in QLD? I would think that before anything was agreed to with council, obligations (as far as the new council area goes) should have been dealt with first, to make sure the transfer was possible?

Edited by Maddy

I've mentioned this before. My older sister is part of a fairly large constitutional law movement here in Australia and many council by-laws breach our constitutional laws. So Darren is sort of correct. Animals are considered our property. No other person is allowed to take our property (unless we are breaching a constitutional law and causing harm to others with that property). Technically Hugo, the property of stupid owners was causing harm to others while he was loose. With many laws there are discretionary powers and someone at council clearly had a heart and decided (using these discretionary powers) Hugo shouldn't pay for his life just because he had crappy owners. If Hugo had not caused harm to others then these owners would've had to retain legal counsel and take council to our highest court to fight the decision. That's how I'd be fighting BSL if it ever affected me directly and I knew my dog was being targeted for its breed and not its behaviours.

But no point trying to explain this to Darren or Hugo's owners. Dumb and dumber. I doubt either of them would be capable of filling out the relevant 'papper work' to take anything to court so we can all sleep safely tonight!

I haven't been following this particularly closely (days are too confusing and depressing as it is lol) but decided to take a look at the last few posts. In the latest news item link provided by Tdieriks in one part it says the the owners surrender their dog to council and a fews lines down it article says the dog was seized.

I would say the truth has now become so totally distorted in claim and counter claim that it would need the judgement of Solomon and last I looked there aren't too many of those sorts of people around, let alone on Councils.

And as for the owners, well, I imagine the concept of truth has long ago deserted them if it was ever within them. Media attention at all cost.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

The latest ramblings from Hugo's owner..."written in writing" really?

SAVE HUGO

6 hours ago · Edited

TO THOSE WHO ARE CONCERNED…….we thank you.

We are trusting that the aggreement made between myself and council (written in writing) will still stand and we are relocating our Hugo

however if this was to change I want everyone who loves Hugo and us ( We are family) that We have made contact with Barrister Animal Welfare Pannel to seek their advise if the relocation does not go ahead.

We trust the Council with follow through on their word which is in writing

So she is saying that they are relocating Hugo to Cairns as long as Cairns council allows it.

If that falls through they will take some sort of legal action?

is that what she is saying?

That's how I read it raineth, the Mayor of Cairns had already said he's not happy about it.