Save Hugo Campaign

Little Gifts

I must admit that my first thought was about you Ams... but Hugo has a Menacing dog order on him, so is legally unrehomable...

This sort of thing must really tick you off... why should YOU take responsibility for someone else's idiocy?

Feel free to use any of my "eloquent" post in any of your replies to people pushing you about this dog, OK?

T.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The owners come across as seriously odd. Hope the dog doesn't go back to them as I could see a neighbour/local getting seriously p'd off and baiting the poor dog next time.

How can you 'not know' what a menacing order means when you get one slapped on your dog? Pretty sure the council don't just wander up and put a sign on your gate!!

Edited by Sandra777

Has the dog actually done anything though - besides being loose? Has he attacked anyone or another dog? There is lot worse than him wandering around the GC area. This smacks of a council wanting to teach the owner a lesson IMO. Has the owner been hit with any heavy fines in the past I wonder? I just think there is a lot of conflicting information being put out about how much of a "menace" the dog is. I am on the Gold Coast and in the local parklands there are loose dogs everywhere quite often rushing other dogs and people - never seen a council officer picking any of those dogs up even though people complain quite often.

It is so frustrating that they can't spare any effort to actually contain him, but are have plenty of energy to start a social media campaign.

Can only think that it is easier for them to sit on their arses in fantasy land on facebook than cope with the reality of the real world.

That would mean actually getting off the computer, moving & fixing fences & dealing with the real issue :mad

Both owners & dog are lost causes really. Sad.

It is so frustrating that they can't spare any effort to actually contain him, but are have plenty of energy to start a social media campaign.

Can only think that it is easier for them to sit on their arses in fantasy land on facebook than cope with the reality of the real world.

That would mean actually getting off the computer, moving & fixing fences & dealing with the real issue :mad

You've said it all, really, Christina.

There's a whole second Facebook page about not saving Hugo which talks about him attacking a neighbour and rushing other people.

Stupid page - showing pictures of children that have been attacked by any dog but Hugo..

Another BSL promoter, nothing more.

I hope Hugo doesn't go back to his owners, sadly that only leaves one option for the lad.

You've said it all, really, Christina.

Yes that's what I suspect :(

Thank you for the link Shihtzu. That owner is even blaming the other adult she co-owns Hugo with! How bizarre. She really sounds a tad out of touch with reality and I bet the only change they will make if Hugo comes home is to keep him in the house with them. Then of course he will 'accidentally' get out the front door and it will all be on again. If they really loved him he wouldn't be in this predicament. Having one of my dogs loose on the streets AND picked up council is my worst nightmare. The thought they could be hit by a car takes years off my life even thinking about it. And anyone who knows pei knows how poorly they do in a shelter environment dealing with different, unknown people. Shame on these crappy owners with their heads up their arses (or more likely updating FB on their phones rather than watching their dog).

Ams I'm sorry this has impacted on you. You've already seen enough stupidity to last you a lifetime.

Actually, Pei can be OK in a kennel environment if they are placed where they can see the outside, and are taken out for a romp and some on-on-one time several times a day.

I remember getting advice from Ams about one we had in our kennels who wasn't handling it too well... followed her advice, and he was as happy as larry for the rest of his stay with us. He was actually a very cuddly boy once he'd decided that we were his friends... *grin*

As for Hugo - his owners still don't get it, and I don't think they ever will. IF council bow to the public pressure that has been applied in this case, I can see him right back in the same predicament in no time. Maybe in this particular case Hugo should be euthanaised?

T.

Her reply was just.. bizarre. Waffling on about how she didn't want to defend herself because.. something, something something, enough words to confuse the reader into thinking she'd written something profound, something, something, something, doesn't bother to actually address any of TD's points, something, something, thanking people for understanding that she's a super special snowflake and her dog is exempt from the rules we all have to follow.

Pretending to be humbled and to have learned something from her situation is a slimy dishonesty that suggests to me that the only thing she's learned during all of this is how to manipulate people and shift blame.

If she's actually willing to own her mistakes, why not admit that her dog is facing death not because of the tewwible, mean council but because she let him down?

If ou look at her real profile Lynette Ilveen or something, it says she's a counsellor... dog only knows what advice she's been dispensing to troubled people... ??

T.

Gosh really!

Only about an hour ago I was thinking how much she herself could do with some psychotherapy. Everything I've seen her write is laden with wild cognitive distortions.

If ou look at her real profile Lynette Ilveen or something, it says she's a counsellor... dog only knows what advice she's been dispensing to troubled people... ??

T.

Last night on the news they said she was away from home 4 days a week as she is a flight attendant :/

Wow just looked at the "don't save Hugo" page...appalling. All these people are M-A-D!

post-38965-0-51310200-1409195947_thumb.jpg