This Afternoon We Went Exploring

huga

Great photos but I especially love the one of your dimpled son looking into the camera, very cute!

What a great spot for walks and exploring with the forest, paths and the beach too. Lucky you :)

Thank you! I made myself change lenses multiple times - as that's something I'm usually too lazy to do with my own family. I ended up using the 24mm heaps, which is probably my least used lens. I forgot how sharp and cool it is.

It's also the first time I've had all the boys actually sit down and have a photo together. Bad photographer :o

I tend to underexpose slightly and I look for places that have dark as well as a bit of light. I will pretty much only shoot from around 4.30pm onwards (if I have the choice). Editing is done in lightroom and ps (although I was lazy and only used lr for these).

ETA So no, no filter :) I also shoot mainly from f2.5 to f3.5. The sweet spot at the 85mm seems to be f2.5, which I what I shoot all the shelter dogs at. That's what's giving the lovely compressed backgrounds in some.

Edited by huga

I always admire your photos Huga, and I especially love the one of your son squatting down inspecting some hidden interesting whatever. It just epitomises childhood curiosity to me.

Edited by Kirislin