Bursting With Pride

Starkehre

You right to be proud of her and it's wonderful that you do take delight simply living with her. So many people dont appreciate or realise just what they have, but you obviously do. She is a great ambassador for the breed and dogs in general I would think.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dougal and Gulliver and just beautiful HMD.

I can "hear" your pride and your story about them brought both me to tears again. There is nothing quite like a pride cry. It is an overwhelming feeling of love and dedication.

You do such an amazing job HMD and it is greatly appreciated :)

Thank you Starkehre - I'm also very impressed by Seven! I don't think I've ever seen a Rottweiler herding, you are very talented and dedicated and giving Seven a wonderful and interesting life! Congratulations on being recognised for all your hard work to get to this stage. :thumbsup:

Same here Dogmad, if someone asked me what kind of dogs make good herders this is not a breed I would even think of including! Starkehre you have every right to be very proud!

I know Starkehre replied too and shared her great knowledge.

I thought you might be interested in this site about the history of the Rottweiler.

http://www.donnerbergrottweilers.com/rottweiler-history.html

My Grandmother grew up in Germany. She often spoke of these great dogs. When I visited the Black Forest, I also went to where she lived as a kid, about 60 km from the actual town of Rottweil. Saw many old photos of these glorious dogs, attached to carts pulling goods, or protecting liverstock.

Truly dogs their owners loved with pride.

:thumbsup:

That's one of the best history pieces around, VM - always a great reference :)

Also, a bit more just on the herding side : http://www.nationalrottweilercouncil.com/herding.html

Starkehre, you have every right to burst with pride at Seven - she's the complete package! Stunning, versatile and a true ambassador for the breed :D

LOL.... that site is in hand written notes of Rottis in my files. I am forever searching and find info on various breeds. Love doing it.

Geeze, I am a real tragic.

To add to your comment, frankly the Rottweilers spoken about on here with accompanying photos, are simply wonderful dogs.

They just 'do it' for me.

:heart:

I'm proud of my tibbie, Annie, how she helped two little pre-school boys get over their fear of dogs in one short session. The children started off so frightened that if Annie ran to them with tail wagging, they'd flee squealing. Annie gradually figured out what she did that didn't frighten them.... like she simply lay down quietly in front. I told the boys they only had to say 'Sit' and she'd be happy to sit quietly. God love them, they couldn't believe their eyes when a dog listened to them. Then the hands went out, very gently, to touch her & all was fine. After a while, they'd take the initiative to go up to her & pat her and they did it so gently & confidently. Children and dog were 'communicating'. Their gran, who'd brought them to visit was gobsmacked because the boys have a long-standing fear of dogs.

I'm proud of my tibbie, Annie, how she helped two little pre-school boys get over their fear of dogs in one short session. The children started off so frightened that if Annie ran to them with tail wagging, they'd flee squealing. Annie gradually figured out what she did that didn't frighten them.... like she simply lay down quietly in front. I told the boys they only had to say 'Sit' and she'd be happy to sit quietly. God love them, they couldn't believe their eyes when a dog listened to them. Then the hands went out, very gently, to touch her & all was fine. After a while, they'd take the initiative to go up to her & pat her and they did it so gently & confidently. Children and dog were 'communicating'. Their gran, who'd brought them to visit was gobsmacked because the boys have a long-standing fear of dogs.

Aw, that is such a credit to you AND to Annie's beautiful temperament. A lot of TLC went into getting Annie to be able to do that. :D

How wonderful for the kids too.

I grew up with dogs. I know what wonderful joy they are so long as their humans play the game too.

Thank you for this post, mita.

Indeed, something to be very proud about with Annie.

:thumbsup:

VM, Annie's temperament goes back to her breeder in Sweden who says that top of her priorities is breeding for good temperament & health. Yet that breeder won best of breed at Crufts. Annie's one of those dogs (of all sorts of breeds & mixed) who's a 'natural' with children. And the Australian breeder who imported her, also puts priority on temperament & socializing her dogs. Annie came to me doubly ready- made! :) I just had to let her go with the two little boys.

I'd be proud too, reading that made my eyes water. :)

In SA Rotties were pretty common, I never owned one but miss seeing them around. I always put them in the clown dog category although they were supposed to be watch dogs.

I'm proud of Jake for how far he has come and how he has learned to learn without being gifted too much natural talent.

This morning I was walking along planning a work project in my head when he swung around and sat down in front of me. We had just walked past a house with a barking dog, he had made no fuss and I hadn't noticed. Just wanted to be paid for his efforts.

In SA Rotties were pretty common, I never owned one but miss seeing them around. I always put them in the clown dog category although they were supposed to be watch dogs.

I'm proud of Jake for how far he has come and how he has learned to learn without being gifted too much natural talent.

This morning I was walking along planning a work project in my head when he swung around and sat down in front of me. We had just walked past a house with a barking dog, he had made no fuss and I hadn't noticed. Just wanted to be paid for his efforts.

Wow! All the lovely stories of wonderful dogs doing wonderful things - and the ones that really choke me up are the formerly not-so-wonderful dogs doing ordinary things because of the love, commitment and hard work of their owners.

I love the well bred dogs with fantastic temperament and ability - but I am just lost in admiration for the rehabilitated dogs who, in partnership with a human, have learned or are learning to be sociable.

I love the well bred dogs with fantastic temperament and ability - but I am just lost in admiration for the rehabilitated dogs who, in partnership with a human, have learned or are learning to be sociable.

Couldn't agree more. Those rehabilitated dogs are so forgiving of the neglect or cruelty that some humans have exposed them to. Then they come through to be the finest of companions to their humans.

You should be proud of Seven, and proud of yourself too, Starkehre!! She is a magnificent dog and you are a magnificent owner. Your hard work and dedication towards your dogs is truly admirable, not to mention all the hours and miles you've spent driving all over the country to campaign Seven and all the fitness, conditioning and training you have put in.

More importantly to me I am very proud to be your friend and to be able to soak up all your infinite knowledge and share in your ups and lows. :)

Very very proud of you and the royal Seven!!!

I am extremely proud of my boy Zeph and Rottisliebe's boy Flint. They have only been doing water rescue for a few months and have embraced the activity like they were born to do it. They are so confident and trusting in us that nothing bad will happen to them, that they will try anything. They love the boat work and today tried swimming with their handler and rescuing a person, where they had to tow the drowning person to shore. They are enthusiastic (sometimes a little too much) and so happy to be in the water and working. The possibilities are endless for these boys.

lilydalelake5-10-14Jenaisafe_zpsc85407b8.jpg

ZephandJenai_zpsa235893f.jpg

FlintandJenai_zpsd9ace70a.jpg

lifering_zps3102e006.jpg

OMGosh, I am so delighted to read all these heartfelt stories of all these magnificent relationships we are having and have had with our dogs, some of things they do and have done and why we are so proud of them.

ALL the reasons we have for these precious feelings of pride about our dogs are legitimate and absolutely worthy because our own pride is such a personal thing.

It doesn't matter if our dogs characters have flaws, cause hell they all do and so do we :) and it doesn't matter if their achievements are big or small because every time our dogs achieve or anything we see their effort and it is the effort that makes us smile. :)

Thank you so much to all of you that said such lovely things about Seven. It really means a lot to me. :thanks: On a personal note some of you even made me blush a bit and SC you are a very dear friend and you mean a lot to me too XX

Grumpette, I am loving what I see with the water rescue work you are doing with your guys. Love the photos. Mark and I are serious considering trying to find some time to get down and have a go. It looks fantastic.

And your dogs are taking to it so well. Great job. And you too do such terrific things with your dogs and also so much for our breed. It is always greatly appreciated.

Donnerberg website has so much wonderful info on the breed. I love Cheri's piece on Who Should Own A Rottweiler. Not posting a link because I know she does not approve of people using her website content.

That is a good article starkehre :thumbsup:

Hopefully when I eventually get a Rotti I'll finally get my water dog. I was hoping it would be the Aussie Shepherd but she won't have a bar of it, sigh...

Loving all the stories, they are so touching :love:

Yeh SG, as a rule Rotti typically LOVE water. They take to it easily and make excellent, strong swimmers... and divers :)

post-27202-0-79576200-1412654274_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-30650700-1412654299_thumb.jpg