Dog Health Problems/conditions Research

With all due respect, you have omitted some issues that are really serious for a dog.

May I ask what is the purpose of this research?

:)

Would you mind to shed light on the issue that I have omitted please?

The purpose of this research is to find out what are the common health problems and see if there's any solution or prevention for it.

Thanks and Happy Friday :)

The purpose of this research is to find out what are the common health problems and see if there's any solution or prevention for it.

How? You may need to provide a bit more information about what you are intending to do with these results if you want people to respond.....

My own mutt is young and very healthy. I selected a few based on the clients I see in my grooming salon. Sadly overweight, dental issues and skin problems are common. One that I see commonly that is not on the list is patella issues, mostly across the smaller breeds/ types.

With all due respect, you have omitted some issues that are really serious for a dog.

May I ask what is the purpose of this research?

:)

Would you mind to shed light on the issue that I have omitted please?

Thanks and Happy Friday :)

Hmmm... a bit TOO defensive... and way too vague about any real details as to why you are asking for this information.

If you are doing any form of study research in a formal manner, you're going to need to be a LOT more specific about what you are actually wanting to get out of said research.

If it's for a primary school project, then I suppose the opening post would suffice... *grin*... but you'll still have to be open and honest about WHY you want this information.

T.

Also would it not be relevant to know age or breed of dog? Health problems in a young dog compared to an elderly dog puts a different perspective on any conditions.

Another thought that springs to mind is how can you determine if the problems are genetic, pure chance or preventable because it was bought on by a poor upbringing be it diet or exercise etc.

Sorry guys as I am a new dog owner and just wanted to know what is the common health problems as I have limited knowledge on it.

Hence this poll is too suspicious for you all, I will close it..

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Edit: I will close it tonight when I have access to computer.

Edited by winniethepoodle

It's not suspicious ... but also not clear ;) if you had said that you were thinking of getting XYZ dog - what health problems do these breeds suffer from , and can they be fixed/managed ...:)' /> Standards, and minis may also differ

Edited by persephone

Sorry guys as I am a new dog owner and just wanted to know what is the common health problems as I have limited knowledge on it.

Hence this poll is too suspicious for you all, I will close it..

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Edit: I will close it tonight when I have access to computer.

Then that is great you are caring enough to do research.

Leave the poll open. Let us know what type of dog you are thinking about and we can share what we know

:D

Guest crazydoglady99

Hmmm... a bit TOO defensive... and way too vague about any real details as to why you are asking for this information.

If you are doing any form of study research in a formal manner, you're going to need to be a LOT more specific about what you are actually wanting to get out of said research.

If it's for a primary school project, then I suppose the opening post would suffice... *grin*... but you'll still have to be open and honest about WHY you want this information.

T.

agree! I thought the exact same thing!

it is great that you are doing some research into health issues early and lots of these ARE preventable so good things to know.

As far as understanding what may happen with your own dog - many things are breed specific or size specific so starting more in that direction may help. This is also a great conversation to have with your vet as they will often be able to tell you things to watch out for with your chosen breed AND will be able to give good advice on how to avoid some of those general problems (eg dental disease, weight issues, how to reduce your risks of HD or arthritis where possible)...