Sydney Morning Herald Puppy Farm Cover Story

_PL_

This woman poses as a breeder?

If the RSPCA won't do anything, where do we go from here? How many others are out there?

My sister breeds Westies. She doesn't make much of a profit, she breeds to better the breed. But she's in Canada, and she had to jump through a lot of hoops to get registered. Are there no such safeguards here?

If the RSPCA won't do anything, where do we go from here? How many others are out there?

My sister breeds Westies. She doesn't make much of a profit, she breeds to better the breed. But she's in Canada, and she had to jump through a lot of hoops to get registered. Are there no such safeguards here?

No safeguards here. Now people like this evil piece of crap can call themselves "registered breeders" because they register with their local council and the ignorant have no idea how this differs from a proper registered breeder.

This is so abhorrent, the whole story is very distressing. I wish people would be forced to look at it - the people who buy in petshops, online and through newspaper ads. Even then some wouldn't give a crap.

What an absolute POS. 11,500 is maybe 10-20 pups. She won't lose much, and taking the 27 dogs who were very ill/dying was probably just relieving her of some of her 'burden'.

She deserves to be eaten by her starving dogs.

No safeguards here. Now people like this evil piece of crap can call themselves "registered breeders" because they register with their local council and the ignorant have no idea how this differs from a proper registered breeder.

This is so abhorrent, the whole story is very distressing. I wish people would be forced to look at it - the people who buy in petshops, online and through newspaper ads. Even then some wouldn't give a crap.

The safe guard is supposed to be the code of practice - which the people who were checking say she is complying with .No point in making people get a licence to have the tick to do this more and more and comply with a code that should never have been there in the first place. Poor dogs.

Disgusting but not surprising, I rescued 4 poodles a few years ago from a registered breeder, the RSPCA and council were involved also, they counted 50+ dogs but couldn't get an exact number, all on a standard suburban block. Many of the dogs were in terrible condition I spent around $1200 cost price (I was working in a vet clinic) just to get them all healthy.

I have never seen anything like it, the males were peeing all over their bedding, food bowls, walls and each other.

The females with pups were constantly fighting with each other and I had to leave behind a gorgeous old girl with full cataracts because all four boys were entire (one was cryptorcid, had been born there and had never in his 5 years left the the property).

She was ordered to remove all but 20 from the property but could still continue to breed, a lot of them got sold off on breeders terms.

She is still registered with Dogs Vic and advertises pups and older dogs.

This is in my local paper this morning, along with a very good editorial asking why the establishment is still allowed to operate.

Wandsworth is 60km north of Armidale. What got me was the paper quoting Ms Fraser - " She said she had bred for 35 years and bred "poodles and poodle cross THINGS....except for half a dozen of the larger ones" What??? Poor little dogs.

Yes, read your State law.... that's what the RSPCA in each state has to work under. Couldn't agree more that laws which don't permit intervention until conditions are considered ... under the law ... horrendous, need reviewing so there can be more prevention. And also address the issue of banning certain people from running breeding establishments.

Disgusting but not surprising, I rescued 4 poodles a few years ago from a registered breeder, the RSPCA and council were involved also, they counted 50+ dogs but couldn't get an exact number, all on a standard suburban block. Many of the dogs were in terrible condition I spent around $1200 cost price (I was working in a vet clinic) just to get them all healthy.

I have never seen anything like it, the males were peeing all over their bedding, food bowls, walls and each other.

The females with pups were constantly fighting with each other and I had to leave behind a gorgeous old girl with full cataracts because all four boys were entire (one was cryptorcid, had been born there and had never in his 5 years left the the property).

She was ordered to remove all but 20 from the property but could still continue to breed, a lot of them got sold off on breeders terms.

That is just sickening. Why is she still allowed to breed, why hasn't she been de registered by Dogs Vic? Why aren't they more proactive?

The poor dogs, so heartwrenching! Would she have bred from the male with cryptorchidism? Actually, she is so low, she probably would have.

That is just sickening. Why is she still allowed to breed, why hasn't she been de registered by Dogs Vic? Why aren't they more proactive?

The poor dogs, so heartwrenching! Would she have bred from the male with cryptorchidism? Actually, she is so low, she probably would have.