The Adventures Of Ronin And Tigger - Update 29/05/17

Yonjuro

Great photos :thumbsup:

Ronin looks like a great swimmer. I'm jealous! I've been trying to get Quinn swimming now that we're living on the Gold Coast but it's slow going. I've managed to persuade her in up to her chest if I'm in too but most of our beach activity consists of me swimming along holding one end of the long lead and Quinn walking alongside on the sand at the other end of the lead :rofl:

Thanks very much VM, but please don't mention dating...ahaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhh :D
I must say Horrible Herbert's ears pricked up when I said dating.... He thinks he might have a future with chicky babes. :eek:

:rofl:

There are never too many ronin pics Yonjuro!

Thanks very much Denali :)

OMG Ronin is divine. He is absolutely stunning and I love the photos with your gorgeous daughter.denali is so right, there can never be too many Ronin photos.The friendship with the Greyhound is amazing and something that should be celebrated.Oh and HW, Stan's FB page is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Maddie's excavation skills would make any backhoe operator very jealous.

Thanks so much, that is very kind of you :)

Great photos :thumbsup: Ronin looks like a great swimmer. I'm jealous! I've been trying to get Quinn swimming now that we're living on the Gold Coast but it's slow going. I've managed to persuade her in up to her chest if I'm in too but most of our beach activity consists of me swimming along holding one end of the long lead and Quinn walking alongside on the sand at the other end of the lead :rofl:

Thanks SG :) Best of luck getting Quinn to take the full plunge - I don't have any suggestions on helping Quinn get into it, hopefully some people might have suggestions. Maybe try a light harness and long line?

I remember taking Ronin to the river when he was around 14 weeks and my jaw dropped when he ran straight in and started swimming perfectly, all in less than a minute LOL It is interesting that Ronin was the last puppy to venture into the clam pool when he was a wee pup and still with our breeder LOL I saw some photos of Ronin's sister that our breeder kept and she is identical in looks and personality both in and out of the water :)

Ronin and Tigger got to catch up this morning after missing each other for around 3 weeks. It was an awesome session but only managed to take these shots as we were just enjoying ourselves so much that I forgot about the camera LOL

IMG_0573copy_zps28b5245e.jpg

IMG_0571copy_zpsf02af333.jpg

This one is from the river showing Ronin's physique - his hindquarters don't slope - he just saw a fish jumping out of the water and was very interesting in it :D

IMG_4578_zps7b634a93.jpg

Awww bet they were happy to see each other :thumbsup:

That first photo should go in the smiling dogs thread in the photo section Yonjuro, Ronin's even got his eyes closed he's that happy!

Thanks HW, it was a great reunion!

They have a special type of rough play that is only reserved for each other. When they chill out, it may only be a few minutes before one decides it is time to pounce on the other and start rough housing again, or try to dig under the one lying down :laugh: They will also stalk and try to sneak up of each other if one is lying somewhere a bit further away. It is funny to watch as Ronin gets very low and looks like a tiger when stalking and Tiger just drops his head and walks slowly :laugh:

Tigger has started to copy Ronin's high pitched vocalisation that he does when he is very excited. We were laughing when we couldn't work out which dog the sound was coming from... and if you know huskies they have a very unique woo woo :D It was really like they were having a conversation about how good it was to play :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic, but I was just remembering what our lovely breeder told me about when Ronin was a wee puppy. Apparently he was not into the water and was the last of his littermates to venture into the splash pool well after the others were regularly playing in it :D

post-49154-0-26043800-1421464611_thumb.jpg

...and now I have a hard time keeping him out of the water :laugh:

Edited by Yonjuro

Awww bet they were happy to see each other :thumbsup:

That first photo should go in the smiling dogs thread in the photo section Yonjuro, Ronin's even got his eyes closed he's that happy!

That photo is exquisite.

Thanks DDD :) I am guttered that I only has the phone camera so the quality is not there, but I am very happy to get a crap quality shot of a lovely get together