Freeze Dried Green Tripe

Ranga

I've heard about the wonders of green tripe, however, it isn't possible to buy it fresh locally :cry:

Has anyone tried the freeze dried green tripe, and if so how much and how often should it be fed? :)

Ronin's Daddy,Yonjuro. feeds RAW to his lad.

He buys this type of tripe.

He is cluey on its benefits.

:)

I've heard about the wonders of green tripe, however, it isn't possible to buy it fresh locally :cry:

Has anyone tried the freeze dried green tripe, and if so how much and how often should it be fed? :)

Ronin's Daddy,Yonjuro. feeds RAW to his lad.

He buys this type of tripe.

He is cluey on its benefits.

:)

I haven't been able to get it for a while, but when I could I would give it every second day as around 25% of meal. RGT is kind of a hybrid between muscle meat and organs so bear that in mind when you are doing your calculations. It is also quite calorific but apart from that it is loaded with probiotics and it a great food.

I have also used air dried but haven't tried freeze dried. K9 Naturals do a frozen version that I have used and it seems very good.

This is fed extensively in UK. I know of a lot of people that feed their dogs on this only (with dry food too) so it is fed every day in whatever amount is required for their dog, just like many of us fed chicken.

The dogs all seem to do very well on it,

I have made extensive enquiries into this and have been told that the freeze dried tripe is just as good as the fresh green tripe and is an excellent Prebiotic.

It certainly is much easier to feed. Even my old girl with IBD can eat it!

I rehydrate 1 scoop per dog and mix it with their BARF once a week.....they all love it! :love:

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty excited for dinner tonight, not too keen for the smell!

This gave me a laugh. I have the air dried powdered green tripe which I add to the dogs' food. I keep it in its packet and then in a tightly sealed container. I started a new pack this evening.

Each time I walked through the kitchen I was getting this awful smell and thought some might have fallen on the floor. Out with the mop and then I saw the old packet on the bench, Yes - it is very smelly.

I get mine through BM Animals and you can order via their website. They also do lots of other air dried foods for treats.

I've got some coming from Loyalty Pet Treats...not sure if I am really looking forward to it now :(

:laugh: :laugh: Just keep it in a tightly sealed jar. I use those Moccona Coffee jars because they have airtight seals.

I've bought a whole kilo of it...though it would make good training treats....but I might have every dog for miles chasing me :laugh:

You've just cost me $60, Sheena. I had to check out Loyalty's website ........ and the rest, to be very original, is history.

A whole kilo :eek: . I would decant small amounts into an airtight jar and keep the main bag wrapped in a few layers of plastics bags.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

The sealed unopened bag was sitting in the treat cupboard, I could still smell it! I've put it in the garage, now that it's opened.

That was so gross, but Dozer completely spazzed out for it, was taking to me and crying to be allowed to start eating.

To say he loved it may be an understatement.

Edited by Taliecat

There must be something wrong with my nose LOL. I can't smell it until the jar is opened, although I have yet to try the freeze dried.

But then, I've always wondered what people are on about with the smell of expressed anal glands. For sure I wouldn't wear it as a perfume :laugh: :laugh: , but it wasn't bad enough to have me gagging. :o :o