Freeze Dried Green Tripe

Ranga

I've used the frozen and freeze-dried K9 Natural green tripe, and while the smell is not pleasant, I don't find it particularly overpowering.

With that said, probably one of the worst decisions I made, was to use some frozen tripe as treats for one of the dogs during a walk. They thawed out pretty quickly and while the smell kept the dog keen, my hands stunk out the car on the ride home :laugh:

I find the dried mussels & fish a bit too much, but I must be getting used to it, as I can only smell them now when I take the lid off the container. I am starting to feel sorry for the poor courier who is picking them up for me :laugh:

We've just switched from Black Hawk puppy food to K9 Natural trip and now onto their Lamb feast. We fed our pup on green tripe (9%-10% of body weight) for a week and now on the lamb feast. Noticed he poops a lot less, don't smell as bad, but best of all his tear stains are almost completely gone! He's just hit 12 weeks now and is a Maltese, so red tear stains show up really easily. Just brought 1.5kg? of this stuff. Good times ahead. The trip smells a lot worse than the lamb feast though. No ill side effects from what we can see so far...

Got a phone call from the courier depo today to say that my goodies from Loyalty Pet Treats had arrived. I won't be able to pick them up for another 5 days....asked if the box was smelling the office out & he said it just smelt like dog treats :) So the tripe must be fairly well sealed.

I find the dried mussels & fish a bit too much, but I must be getting used to it, as I can only smell them now when I take the lid off the container. I am starting to feel sorry for the poor courier who is picking them up for me :laugh:

Is it weird that I like the smell of the mussels :laugh: I had mine arrive at work a couple of days ago but the receptionists were very polite about any fishy smell!

Is it weird that I like the smell of the mussels :laugh: I had mine arrive at work a couple of days ago but the receptionists were very polite about any fishy smell!

that is too too too funny!

H

Got a phone call from the courier depo today to say that my goodies from Loyalty Pet Treats had arrived. I won't be able to pick them up for another 5 days....asked if the box was smelling the office out & he said it just smelt like dog treats :) So the tripe must be fairly well sealed.

Mine are certainly in well sealed plastic bags and I don't really know how any smells could escape. Maybe I am losing smell as well as hearing :( :( I have decanted into plastic, well sealed lidded containers. The little strips of Munch Crunch green tripe weren't a success except for Fatso Fatso Bunter Boy.

I fed Dozer more of the tripe this morning..

It was like being punched in the face when I opened the bag.. I may have just got a smelly batch or I've been hanging out in t pregnancy threads too much and caught the overly sensative sense of smell :p

I'd prefer the former to the latter, in any case!