Some People Never Learn!

Aleksandra 157

Now if someone could invent an app that told people there's someone/thing still in their car that would be a life saver.

I'm sorry for what you went through Kirty, knowing how much you love your babies it must be agony for you. After forgetting Feather that time I can imagine how it could happen. I was just lucky it was cool when I did it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are devices beginning to be available that set off an alarm when the car is locked and the weight hasn't been removed from a child safety seat. That is a start! I'm not sure how it would work with a dog. You could set an an alert on your phone to remind you when you reached a destination? I might try that later today and see how it works.

It is something that can happen unfortunately :(

There are devices beginning to be available that set off an alarm when the car is locked and the weight hasn't been removed from a child safety seat. That is a start! I'm not sure how it would work with a dog. You could set an an alert on your phone to remind you when you reached a destination? I might try that later today and see how it works.

very clever!

I am sure one day it will exist. My mums new car wont drive unless the seatbelt is being worn- so I imagine that this technology wouldn't be far from possible in all cars.

Though it could get annoying when you just want to transport a box haha Already i will have to put the seatbelt around a heavy box as it thinks its a person and beeps at me..

In my original post I was referring to a particular case ,where I live ,when a guy leaves his dog in the heat for several hours while he drinks with his mates .Dog was dead within 30 mins ,he reappeared 5 hours later.I was in no way judging anybody who has absent brain moment .I am forever being told how forgetful I am so sorry if anyone was offended by the post.

I think from now on - my dog will be first out of the car no matter how inconvenient that is.

Hopefully she will get used to the idea.

My dogs are always the first thing out, whatever else is in the car can wait.

I have never left a animal in a car but I did leave my old dog on a stay outside a shop in town all day once when I was a kid. It was many years ago and I lived in a small country town - ie pre-leads and many people had dogs following them around all the time. I went in the back door of a shop, put Ras on a stay, went out the front door and walked home. It wasn't until Dad came home that night and asked where he was that I remembered - he had been there about 8 hours. We drove down and there he was just where I left him. I was in a terrible state and realised how easy it was to do something like that. After hearing stories of children and pets left by accident in cars I now have a habit of walking around my car when ever I get out and checking through the windows.

We drove down and there he was just where I left him.

My sister did this too with a kelpie x. The dog was in a shady place and all the shop keepers knew her - but she stayed there for hours because my sister forgot.

I've forgotten that I didn't take the car and walked to the car park where it wasn't - or that I did take the car and I've gone home on the bus. Same with the treadley and the bus.

When my mum has something for me to take home - I have to attach my keys to it so I can't leave it behind.

I think with the baby - maybe putting the work security pass or handbag or briefcase with the baby seat might help. Ie you can't get those things without reaching around the baby seat - you might notice the baby in there?

We drove down and there he was just where I left him.

My sister did this too with a kelpie x. The dog was in a shady place and all the shop keepers knew her - but she stayed there for hours because my sister forgot.

I've forgotten that I didn't take the car and walked to the car park where it wasn't - or that I did take the car and I've gone home on the bus. Same with the treadley and the bus.

When my mum has something for me to take home - I have to attach my keys to it so I can't leave it behind.

I think with the baby - maybe putting the work security pass or handbag or briefcase with the baby seat might help. Ie you can't get those things without reaching around the baby seat - you might notice the baby in there?

I do this too, it's a good idea I reckon :thumbsup:

I wonder if motion sensors below window level would be something that could be utilised? If motion was sensed your keys beeped? I don't even know how that would work.

I've forgotten things too. I've forgotten the car before. The whole car... I can see how it'd happen.