Dear Breeders

Always good to hear how pups you breed are getting on. I love the photos of the pup and the family growing up and it's even better when someone contacts and says "I was brought up with one of your dogs, now I am married and would like one for my family"

Always good to hear how pups you breed are getting on. I love the photos of the pup and the family growing up and it's even better when someone contacts and says "I was brought up with one of your dogs, now I am married and would like one for my family"

JRG you can't possibly be old enough to say that :D

We had a wonderful ongoing relationship with our first 2 Cavaliers Breeder right from the start. She always encouraged updates and we could email her any time with any questions. We would meet up with her at the Cavalier pet owner fun days twice a year.Once she even looked after them for us when we went away for a couple of days

We eventually became very good friends with her on facebook also and interacted regularly (until recently). I always tagged her when i put up pics of our Cavs, She helped us during a very sad traumatic time when one our Cavs had to be given his wings a couple years ago.

Tragically she passed away very suddenly a couple weeks ago, never thought she'd go before Renae who will be 13 soon crying.gif All those years of friendship and turning to her for advice, now nothing. We even went to her funeral frown.gif

Our youngest Cav 'Miah' bred by another breeder has become very good friends of ours now as well over the last couple years. She's also on my fb and she sees all pics of Miah growing up. We can also email or ring her with any questions/advice. We also meet up with her at the fun days. She came to Miah's 1st birthday party (so did our other breeder friend as mentioned before)

I have always been prepared to wait whatever time its taken to find the right breeder to have the relationship i have had/have with ours. We feel very blessed to have found these special two people. They have been an important part of our extended family smile.gif

oops sorry you were asking breeders, i got carried away embarrass.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

I often send pics and news of our three dogs to their breeders, the 2 BCs are from the same breeder. I let them know if they get a title in something and I always send happy birthday pics! Always get a nice response too :) Scout's breeder sent lots of pics of pups from Scout's mum second litter too.

I love updates. I love to hear how the dog is going, and I specially love photos. First I like to know that the dog is appreciated, and is a "good boy". Second, all information helps me with my breeding program. Maybe a pup which didn't seem to have a particularly good head at 8 weeks now has a great head - and I need to take that into account.

Nearly all breeders just loooooooove updates. One of my recent litter was a cracker, and he is now on facebook, and improving all the time .. probably worth repeating the mating. A couple of things I didn't like much have improved ..................

Someone contacted me on facebook, to say her cavalier which I bred was 12, and had never been ill. Now that he was older, they would like another one from me, and were contacting me to buy one, or order one.

I didn't even bother replying.

Why? Because not once in that dog's life had she ever bothered to let me know how he was going. Not once. When she had had him for a week, I phoned up to see how things were going, and got the absolute bum's rush.

So yep, keep up the upgrates :D

Another one who loves updates from pups we've bred. I recently rehomed and older dog and love getting the messages about them settling is and the photos too. We have email contact, phone and a FB page too many different ways to keep in touch to meet different needs :)

Our breeder has a Facebook group for owners of dogs she has bred. Obviously, as her most recent litter went to their new homes (Including mine) last week, it is very active right now. I am also friends with the breeder on facebook so she sees photos I post even if I forget to put them in the group.

Our breeder loves the updates, in fact I started making vids so she could see Ronin. Rarely does a week go by without some communication and Ronin is around 16 months old now :D

I also love seeing updates of Ronin's sister Layla which she kept from the same litter and who is so similar in looks and antics to Ronin :thumbsup: It is lovely to see the mum and dad too.

I wonder if Layla has a Tigger in her life?

I'm going to an Iggy function this weekend that the breeder holds every year to invite all her puppy buyers back. She makes a calendar to give everyone as well. Since she's met me she uses my photos. :laugh: Same on her Christmas cards, the last 2 have had Neko on them. She also takes her dogs back if the owners go on holidays. It's a lifelong (and sometimes lifechanging) relationship with her.

My dogs breeder has working dogs but when jade has earned a few titles I will probably contact him to let him know how she is going.

But I definitely send updates to my rescue dogs saviour. Rescue people have a hard time so I thought really important to let them know the happy stories.

I am sure most breeders would like to know their dog is happy. But from a breeders perspective is it good to know the dog is also performing well if the dog was also bred for a purpose. Such as working dogs like mine doing herding or dog sports?

My dogs breeder has working dogs but when jade has earned a few titles I will probably contact him to let him know how she is going.

But I definitely send updates to my rescue dogs saviour. Rescue people have a hard time so I thought really important to let them know the happy stories.

I am sure most breeders would like to know their dog is happy. But from a breeders perspective is it good to know the dog is also performing well if the dog was also bred for a purpose. Such as working dogs like mine doing herding or dog sports?

Definitely. Hopefully I will be blessed with some working ESS pups soon and I really, really would love to hear how they are going - whether they be pet, performance or working dogs.

My poor breeder gets pics of Ernie dressed up in baby clothes, lying in his back with his tongue flopping out and watching Pitbull Rescue with intensity..

I could send her a video of all the things he's learned but sit/stay/shake/spin/drop/leave it and go to bed would bore her stupid.

I just want her to know he's well loved, not fat and taken care of. I hope she's ok with that.

Edited by Stressmagnet