Farmer Dave

DeltaCharlie

Dr Katrina has just posted on FB a lost dog notice 'Pippin' lost from the Farmer Dave Dog Centre.

I'd be looking for fresh dug dirt... :(

That was my first thought too :( Apparently there have been sightings around the area though so fingers crossed the dog is ok and caught soon.

After everything that went on with Wags I suspect that any future dogs killed will possibly be buried and then reported missing. I can't see him risking the fallout of another death.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't say anything negative on FB sites like Katrina Warren - nobody wants to know :( All I asked is if it's the same place that's has previous problems...

Some doofus made some comment about "dogs go missing all the time - give him a break" and I said something to the tune of "this is about the 5th dog he's lost - counting Wags. Of Course wags died - so maybe we shouldn't count him as a run away" ... Strangely enough - my comment was deleted.

Don't say anything negative on FB sites like Katrina Warren - nobody wants to know :( All I asked is if it's the same place that's has previous problems...

Some doofus made some comment about "dogs go missing all the time - give him a break" and I said something to the tune of "this is about the 5th dog he's lost - counting Wags. Of Course wags died - so maybe we shouldn't count him as a run away" ... Strangely enough - my comment was deleted.

Careful, if you attract his followers they are vile and will say personal things you can't believe - not that I let it stop me but it was disgusting behaviour that he obviously condones as he didn't remove those type of ocmments. :mad

This is why I so hate Facebook. You are not allowed to disagree and if you persist you are banned. DOL is much better. :thumbsup:

Personally I don't believe the dog went under 3 gates. Sounds like more lies to me. Some people don't know when they are lying. The truth is what they want it to be and they sincerely believe that.

Edited by sarspididious

He posted that it squeezed past a staff member going out a gate.

The last one that got out from his place got hit by a car and he wouldn't pay the vet bill.

I was about to post on his page, but afer the last time i got called some really nasty names, i just couldn't be bothered.

The guy is a complete tool , and his follwers are clearly huge queens judging by the language i received. Nothing like upsetting a drama queen to get them going.

He posted that it squeezed past a staff member going out a gate.

The last one that got out from his place got hit by a car and he wouldn't pay the vet bill.

I was about to post on his page, but afer the last time i got called some really nasty names, i just couldn't be bothered.

The guy is a complete tool , and his follwers are clearly huge queens judging by the language i received. Nothing like upsetting a drama queen to get them going.

Funny I read on his FB page it squeezed under 3 gates and avoided a staff member in a carpark - so already the lies start.

And yes - the story of Fansu the bulldog was absolutely horrible. She was out for about a month with a broken leg or hip and required massive surgery ...

I have been a customer out there. It was an OK facility and I really enjoyed the classes - the instructors were great and to be honest I've owned dogs who would have probably loved it there - Not Scott but others in their time. However, I don't understand how dog lovers can turn a blind eye to this type of thing happening again and again. :mad No way in hell would my pet be on that property ever again without being firmly attached to a lead with me on the end of it.

Surely by now he'd have a safety gate set up so any dogs squeezing past are stuck in an enclosure? Especially if the dog area backs straight on to the street!

When I was there (just over 12 months? Maybe a bit more) there was a bit of a common area - and there was an airlock style system set up- but there have been a lot of "improvements" / work going on out there.

The area also doesn't actually back onto a road - his part of the property is down a very long driveway (at least a km) and is behind the Cauchi's boarding facility. He does back into paddocks. But we all know how quickly the little buggers move - once a dog was out you'd have no hope out there - especially if you needed to get out of the main facility and into the paddock or on to the driveway before you could start trying to catch it.

Long story short: More and much better fencing required (among lots of other things).

Edited by Scottsmum

How the hell do we know the truth re this dog

I said it on FB and will say it here also this BC could be laying at the bottom of the dam or buried somewhere on the ''farm'' . as there seems to be a lot of lies coming from him.

I cant for the love of god understand why people send their dogs there , looks to me like a puppy farm without breeding , from the pics it appears so run down .

If the BC did get out and hope it has I have fingers crossed it's found safe and well and never gets returned to the ''farmer''.

Surely by now he'd have a safety gate set up so any dogs squeezing past are stuck in an enclosure? Especially if the dog area backs straight on to the street!

Exactly! You have a gate, then another gate, then another gate if you need to, and if a dog that is not on lead is anywhere the last gate that will actually let them escape the property, you DON'T open that gate until the dog is secure. If that is not drummed into all staff right from the start then there is a big problem.

Whatever else you do in a facility that takes responsibility for other people's dogs, you can't have them escape. And if it happens once, you make damn sure it doesn't happen again.

So sad.

Don't really know much about the actual story... however I run a small boarding kennel..... Have learnt over the years that if you work with animals long enough you will come across all sorts of problems.....So consider this:

We have large paddocks where the dogs can go out to play.... 1800mm high cyclone fence paddocks with a skirt on the ground so dogs can't dig out.... we also have a further fence again 1800mm high cyclone fence which surrounds the kennel complex of about 2 acres... All of this sites within a 10 acre paddock which has another 1800mm high cyclone fence.....

The kennel block sits in the middle of all these fenced areas - the the pens which are 2mx6m have 1800mm high pens with a further 600mm 45degree angle in top at the front pen and the three back pens have roofs as these are for dogs who are a problem with climbing...

All of this fencing costs thousands of dollars.... and I am lucky because my partner builds security fencing so we haven't paid full price.

Over the years we have had dogs climb or jump fencing - The main culprits we have had: German Shorthaired Pointers.... Minature Fox Terriers.... English Staffies.... JRT......some have actually got in the corner and shimmy up like a commando..... and even force their way thru a 6" gap between the roof ties of the overhead roof wire that have loosened off over time.

I walked out in the paddock one day to find a GSP standing on a top cross rail of a 1800mm gate just balanced there looking to see where I was....

This xmas I had Rhodesian Ridgeback X who scaled 4 x 1800mm fences without a run-up in the space of less than 15 minutes.... we got her straight away and she spent the next week locked in one of our Houdini Pens......and NO chance to get out and have some fun.

We wish to provide the dogs with the chance to be out and behave the way dogs like - i.e. run in a paddock, roll in grass, jump in a bath or lie under a tree - much the same as what they might do at home in their own backyard... yet our fencing is far superior to your household.

If you have a real fear of any threat to your dog then the alternative is to place your dog in a Business Zone - in a concrete factory building, multi storied - pens 4.5 sqm made of concrete and vinyl with a drain in the floor and recycled air pumped thru, your dog won't be able to see anything other than the walls of his cell and if they are lucky they might get 10 min a day to frolic on plastic grass in a glass room. For this you will pay twice the price of staying with me.

There is a duty of care that is taken... but it is a reasonable duty of care... owners also need to be honest about their dogs abilities and also to prepare their dogs for a stay away from home....

Just the same as with kids... we can't wrap everything up in bubblewrap.......