Best Bed For Extra Large Dogs

Dame Aussie

Thanks harley, I did think about that, it would be big enough for him to sit on but possibly not to stretch right out on. I'm not sure I'll have to test it. He has very long legs and I want to keep his elbows on something soft. I did consider a single mattress haha it would be the same price as a lot of the big dog beds!

I'll get my babies mattress tomorrow and see how big it is compared to him lol

Edited by Dame Aussie

Snooza D1000 or Snooza Big Dog Beds are fabulous although pricey - but you do get what you pay for with Snooza.

Kazoo do a gigantic raised bed.

T&S Patio Beds come in a really big size.

Pity you're not near us or you could bring him in to try a few :-) There really are a lot on the market so just worth going into a few places - try some indepedents as we try to offer different from the chain store types.

Sags

:)

Thanks Jules I'll check them out.

Thanks showdog, was considering a single bed mattress if the cot one wasn't big enough!

Is he a pony? I don't know if I've ever seen a photo of Mo?

Can you share one with us? (Please :D )

Snooza D1000 or Snooza Big Dog Beds are fabulous although pricey - but you do get what you pay for with Snooza.

Kazoo do a gigantic raised bed.

T&S Patio Beds come in a really big size.

Pity you're not near us or you could bring him in to try a few :-) There really are a lot on the market so just worth going into a few places - try some indepedents as we try to offer different from the chain store types.

Sags

:)

And with Snooza you get a free repairs service + lifetime guarantee (you have to register for this. Bonus, they send your dog a birthday present every year). The initial price is expensive though.

For single beds, check out your local salvos or brotherhood for discount ones?

Second hand couch or freebie couch from the freecycle sites is what I recommend for the giant breeds if they are too big for a cot mattress. They can look quite respectable with queen size, easily washable bed linen draped over them plus they take up a little less floorspace than a single mattress, but because they are up off the floor, no pressure on dangling limbs. :)

Mind you, I have not one but TWO single beds on my covered deck for big fosters, one with mattress and carpet, one with only plywood and carpet - but the mastiff types seem to prefer the park bench-type seat that is also on the deck. (wood slats only). Go figure.

Also never overlook the excellent support that a super XXL trampoline style bed will give - you can make it cosy with as many nests and cushions as you like.