Rescue Life

*kirty*

OMG!! Those were the days. I don’t have the energy or finances anymore and there are times I miss it. Danny’s needs take up literally hours of my days, though.

Even counting visitors, I didn’t ever have NINE on my bed though. That is the most beautiful photo, kirty. I missed the little one under the [whippet’s ??] head at first count :laugh: . Love the assortment of coats, too.

:love::love::love:

Well done!

Our record was 2 of our own (labXgoldie and kelpie), 2 family dogs staying over (JR), 2 (mad Lab) fosters and the Maggot dog in a crate in another room (he had pneumonia and issues). Our cat went into the wardrobe for that week!

OMG!! Those were the days. I don’t have the energy or finances anymore and there are times I miss it. Danny’s needs take up literally hours of my days, though.

Even counting visitors, I didn’t ever have NINE on my bed though. That is the most beautiful photo, kirty. I missed the little one under the [whippet’s ??] head at first count :laugh: . Love the assortment of coats, too.

:love::love::love:

There are 5 Italian Greyhounds, 1 Greyhound, 1 Toy Poodle and 2 Shih Tzu crosses. :)

I have 3 dogs and 2 foxes (they aren't allowed on the bed)... and have a litter of 9 seven week old pups coming for fostering tomorrow evening... I have missed the madness of having loads of puppies about... *grin*

Let the madness begin!

T.

God I love that. heart.gif I love seeing them all sleeping together like a furry bundle. The silkies are mostly the same colour and blend in with each other.

Who is the snuggler acting as cushion for the grey's head? laugh.gif

God I love that. heart.gif I love seeing them all sleeping together like a furry bundle. The silkies are mostly the same colour and blend in with each other.

Who is the snuggler acting as cushion for the grey's head? laugh.gif

That is Sprite, an 11 month old IG with severe luxating patellas. She is waiting to have surgery with the best surgeon in Victoria, just waiting for her new knees to arrive from Europe lol.

I can see how it's a slippery slope! I currently have my three, foster dog Molly, who doesn't get along with my three and is a massive escape artist so we therefore require a complex juggling routine to keep everyone separate yet safely contained, and my rescue group currently has several puppies still in pounds needing carers and I'm contemplating taking one...

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately??) I only have two more days of full time work then become a full time student so will have the time (tho not the money) to devote to the doggos :D

I have 3 dogs and 2 foxes (they aren't allowed on the bed)... and have a litter of 9 seven week old pups coming for fostering tomorrow evening... I have missed the madness of having loads of puppies about... *grin*

Let the madness begin!

T.

Jeez, you're taking on all 9?!? 7 week olds?!? You crazy :rofl:

Well... actually 10 arrived last night... lol!

One litter of nine 7 week old Dingo cross who are simply adorable... and one single little Dingo cross girl who had been found wandering alone on the side of a road in Tennant Creek! I'd guess her age at around 7-8 weeks.

All 10 flew from Alice Springs. Arrived at my place at about 6:30pm. Popped the 9 in my playpen in the granny flat with food and water, all food eaten, then they piled together and went to sleep like real little pros.

The little single girl was still a little under the weather from her trip, so got a very small feed to see if it stayed down... gave her the rest a bit later. She's in a cage crate in my lounge room, so we had couch cuddles later in the evening, then I popped her back in the crate with a couple of large teddy bears, and she went to sleep and not a peep from her all night.

Funniest thing was when we were feeding the 9 in the granny flat, Ghost (the fox) was carrying on from his pen, giving alert barks for a good 30 minutes... he loves dogs, and obviously worked out that we'd brought in a few newbies... lol! He won't be meeting them for a couple of weeks, but after that, we might see how they all get on in a controlled setting...

The single pup will be picked up today by the rescue to be fostered elsewhere. She's a bit skinny and will need a bit more one-on-one care and attention. She's timid, but is willing to come and solicit pats if you don't make sudden movements or try to pick her up quickly... she'll come out of her shell just fine fairly soon I reckon.

Other funny thing was Pickles meeting the single girl in my lounge room... both of them camp dogs... it was like a long lost family reunion... "hey cuz!"... lol!

This morning, Harper realised that there are puppies in the granny flat... she's guarding the door to it now... all puppies here are hers you know!

Once the frost goes from the back yard, I'll let the 9 out and get some photos... and start another thread for them, OK?

T.